Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crosby, finally....

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Assist-heavy point per-game to modestly above pace...I wouldn't bank on much more than that.
    Aren't we past the whole "assist-heavy" thing with Crosby? Seriously MT, get it together because this is just silliness. How many goals does he have to score for you to realize that he can DO IT ALL...

Your anti-Penguins bias is becoming a joke...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Has nothing to do with that from a skill-set standpoint...I said he will play assist-heavy because he will be far less inclined to get into the dirty areas down low after missing a year and coming off serious concussion issues to where he will be playing more of an assist-heavy perimeter game. Has nothing to do with inherent shortcoming in his skill-set (as he has none) has to do with missing a year and coming off serious concussion issues that will make him much more incline to playing assist-heavy which is why I state that.

What anti-Penguins bias I own Neal myself in my cash keeper and do not like any teams as I don't get the concept. Just like individual players so there is no Penguins bias. Everything I state and ever have stated on this site is entirely objective with no bias whatsoever otherwise what'd be the point to giving insight on anything in the first place.
    Last edited by MT319; November 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Has nothing to do with that from a skill-set standpoint...I said he will play assist-heavy because he will be far less inclined to get into the dirty areas down low after missing a year and coming off serious concussion issues to where he will be playing more of an assist-heavy perimeter game. Has nothing to do with inherent shortcoming in his skill-set (as he has none) has to do with missing a year and coming off serious concussion issues that will make him much more incline to playing assist-heavy which is why I state that.
    I would be willing to bet money that Crosby won't turn into a "perimeter" player upon his return. He has always been the type of guy who gets to the dirty areas, and that's where his production comes from. I expect nothing to change, especially since I've been watching practice for sometime now and he doesn't look timid AT ALL. This, to me is better evidence than just your hunch that Crosby will change his game because he is scared of receiving another big hit...

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah hard to see Crosby digging into the corners and battling for the puck in front of the net, taking abuse from the defenders (which will be amplified now) with the same intensity that he used to in order to get those blue-collar goals.

Dobber Sports Sage

What anti-Penguins bias I own Neal myself in my cash keeper and do not like any teams as I don't get the concept. Just like individual players so there is no Penguins bias. Everything I state and ever have stated on this site is entirely objective with no bias whatsoever otherwise what'd be the point to giving insight on anything in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Yeah hard to see Crosby digging into the corners and battling for the puck in front of the net, taking abuse from the defenders (which will be amplified now) with the same intensity that he used to in order to get those blue-collar goals.
    You two are out of your freaking minds if you think anything what so ever is going to change in his game. He has been out because he wanted to stay out this long to completely recover 120%. He could have got doctors go ahead to play in the playoffs last year if he wanted to. He will be the exact same player he has always been within 5 games of returning I personally guarantee. He is a mental Giant and will certainly not by affraid to do anything he has always done on the ice...

BTW I like Ovie so this comes from no bias. Just from knowing this kid's make up and hearing and reading the reports from practice everyday. Were he was the one continually initiating contact...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well now that you've "personally guaranteed" it, then I can sleep at night. Was worried for a moment there...

Dobber Sports Sage

Well now that you've "personally guaranteed" it, then I can sleep at night. Was worried for a moment there...
    LMAO I knew you would like that!! Sleep well my friend
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Pro

The whole point of him taking his time since he has been cleared for contact was to regain his confidence to play the game he played before. I expect no change in his game other than renewed vigor (even though I don't think he ever lost his old vigor), and an even more driven Crosby.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Genius

"We in here talkin about practice man, practice, practice. Not the game, not the game. Practice man, how silly is that. We talkin about practice." -Allen Iverson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Dobber Sports Giant

"We in here talkin about practice man, practice, practice. Not the game, not the game. Practice man, how silly is that. We talkin about practice." -Allen Iverson

MT, I love you for this...

If I weren't "spent" on rep for the day, you would most definitely be receiving some for that.

Back to the topic at hand, I guess we'll have to wait and see what is going to come from Crosby, but one thing we can agree on is the fact that he is still unquestionably one of the best - if not the best - players in the entire NHL. I don't expect that to change.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bahhaha classic... I remember this clip. Iverson was the greatest.

Dobber Sports Giant

Bahhaha classic... I remember this clip. Iverson was the greatest.
    Dude was the only reason I watched basketball in the first place... then again, I'm from Pittsburgh and we haven't had a basketball team since the ABA (Fish that Saved Pittsburgh...) so not many people here like basketball to begin with.

Either way, I concede the point that talking about "practice" is of little importance when determining game performance; however, Crosby has always been a relentless worker and the recent practices are just another reflection of that principle. I'm convinced, but I'm not sure if I'm in "personal guarantee" territory at this point, because let's face it, anything is possible.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nah, I think Crosby will be back better than ever. He wont revert back to the assist-heavy 'young' crosby. Something about the way Crobsy's learning curve - from assist-heavy super rookie to top goal scorer in the league tells me that he's the type to keep evolving and keep improving. Why else do you think it took an obscenely long time for him to come back? He wanted to condition himself to take hits without even the slightest lingering signs of concussion. I also think he will be smarter about taking hits, and keeping his head up (not to say that he wasn't smart about this before, but he'll be more careful).

Careful does not equal peripheral player.
    16 teams, Yahoo H2H keeper league ( we keep ALL of our players from year to year) 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 2G 5B 1Util

No salary cap

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV(total) SV% SO

C: Crosby , Lecavalier, Ott , C. Smith
    LW: A. Mcdonald (C), Pacioretty , Wheeler, Greening
    RW: Read (C), M. Michalek (LW), Neil, J. Samson
    D: T. Kaberle, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Quincey, Garrison, Voynov,
    G: Fleury, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin, Enroth, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you might have Crosby confused with another player named Ovechkin (sans concussion).

In any case, time will tell. I suspect that after Crosby plays 15-20 games, you'll be singing to a different tune.
    16 teams, Yahoo H2H keeper league ( we keep ALL of our players from year to year) 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 2G 5B 1Util

No salary cap

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV(total) SV% SO

C: Crosby , Lecavalier, Ott , C. Smith
    LW: A. Mcdonald (C), Pacioretty , Wheeler, Greening
    RW: Read (C), M. Michalek (LW), Neil, J. Samson
    D: T. Kaberle, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Quincey, Garrison, Voynov,
    G: Fleury, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin, Enroth, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Star

Is there any possibility that Crosby leads the league in scoring this year? Wouldn't that be something...

Rylant