Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Carlson vs Leddy

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's funny how fickle people are because of one big game.

Can't wait till the next time some douchebag revives this thread again when Leddy has a big game or when circumstances change for one of these players.
    Fickle??

Carlson has always been ranked higher and in a different tier than Leddy.

There's a reason that Carlson is ranked #10 on Dobber's rankings of d-men while Leddy is only #52.

The two are in a different tier. Leddy had a hot start, which is probably why this thread was even started.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jeamcasmith99 View Post
    Fickle??

There's a reason that Carlson is ranked #10 on Dobber's rankings of d-men while Leddy is only #52.

The two are in a different tier. Leddy had a hot start, which is probably why this thread was even started.
    That's exactly why I bump this thread... People around tend to drink the kool aid too quickly... I was moking this thread because I don't think they belong in the same category...

Dobber Sports Sage

I feel the same way. Maybe I've been blind but I honestly can't remember seeing Leddy's name pop up in fantasy conversations more than a few occasions. All of a sudden with a hot start he's being compared to Carlson? I found it strange. This is no slight to Leddy, but in terms of fantasy I would never put them in the same circle. Just curious - how many points does Leddy have in his last six games after his torrid start? Actually, don't answer that. I know how many, I'm just being a dink

No slight to Leddy at all, he's definitely been highly touted and will have a great career. I just don't consider him a huge fantasy guy, never really have. Could be wrong but I'd never take him over Carlson.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Fickle??

Quote Originally Posted by migbas View Post
    That's exactly why I bump this thread... People around tend to drink the kool aid too quickly... I was moking this thread because I don't think they belong in the same category...
    One of them was drafted 16th overall the other one 29th a year a part. Which one is which? Never been ranked close. By who you? They are not in the same league is an absurd comment to make. One of them is 20 and getting 20min a night on a very deep defensive corp. To say that Leddy is not in the same league as Carlson is saying you have never watched him play. Carlson might very well be better, but to bring back up this thread after 1 big game is absurd. 16pts still each this year. Ladies and Gentleman. 1 of them being brought along slowly by a great organization the other having to eat up huge minutes because of injury's..

Furthermore
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; December 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    One of them was drafted 16th overall the other one 29th a year a part. Which one is which? Never been ranked close. By who you? They are not in the same league is an absurd comment to make. One of them is 20 and getting 20min a night on a very deep defensive corp. To say that Leddy is not in the same league as Carlson is saying you have never watched him play. Carlson might very well be better, but to bring back up this thread after 1 big game is absurd. 16pts still each this year. Ladies and Gentleman. 1 of them being brought along slowly by a great organization the other having to eat up huge minutes because of injury's..

Furthermore
    By that logic, why don't you trade your Shattenkirk then for Gudbranson? One of them was drafted 14th overall and the other was drafted 3rd overall.

This has nothing to do with Carlson's big game last night.

Carlson is and will remain better than Leddy. While Leddy is a useful fantasy d-man, he is not in the same tier as Carlson.

And yes, I've watched Leddy plenty.

It boils down to this:

Leddy is good, but Carlson is a stud.

Dobber Sports Ninja

By that logic, why don't you trade your Shattenkirk then for Gudbranson? One of them was drafted 14th overall and the other was drafted 3rd overall.

Carlson is and will remain better than Leddy. While Leddy is a useful fantasy d-man, he is not in the same tier as Carlson.

It boils down to this:

I'm not saying who's better than who, but I will say your post has absolutely nothing backing it up so why don't you go back to the drawing board and think up some actual points that support your baseless assertions then get back to us. It's hard to take such strong statements seriously when you have zero credibility on this forum.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm not saying who's better than who, but I will say your post has absolutely nothing backing it up so why don't you go back to the drawing board and think up some actual points that support your baseless assertions then get back to us. It's hard to take such strong statements seriously when you have zero credibility on this forum.
    Yeah, I have zero credibility. But Dobber has tons.... and tons more than you.

Carlson is #10 on his list. Leddy is #52.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Btw, I double dare you to trade your Carlson straight up to whoever it is in your league who owns Leddy.

Dobber Sports Sage

It boils down to this:

I'm just pointing out that they are very closely ranked. He's not some bum out of know were. To state that they are no were in the same league ranked as you did is just false. They were both drafted for there offensive prowess and there ability to turn into 2-way players.

Whey not trade Shattenkirk for Gubranson? because Gubranson was drafted to be a shut down defender and hopefully he develops an offensive game. As were the opposite can be said about Shattenkirk...

Leddy was drafted as an offensive defense man with good 2-way capabilities.

HF Talent Analysis
    "While many view Leddy as an offensive defenseman, he could potentially blossom into more of a two-way defenseman. His play is equally strong at both ends of the ice. Leddy combines superb offensive prowess with conscientious and responsible defensive zone play. He does an excellent job of taking away time and space from the opposition, and can also create it for both himself and his teammates. One attribute that makes it all possible is his outstanding skating ability. Leddy is an agile skater with good speed and smoothness in his strides. This can particularly be seen in his transitioning and rushes up the ice. Still on the small side at 5'11 and 179 pounds, he was easily knocked off the puck and struggled to establish positioning in his first pro season."

Doesn't exactly read like Gubranson's
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; December 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I see nothing wrong with his post Blayze. No need to throw out "you have zero credibility on this forum" smuck

Not every post needs "actual points" (whatever that may need). Let members post their gut feelings and other people can make their own conclusions.

If you yourself have actual information you want to post to support one player or the other then go ahead and do so but leave personal attacks off these boards.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I'm just pointing out that they are very closely ranked. He's not some bum out of know were. To state that they are no were in the same league ranked as you did is just false. They were both drafted for there offensive prowess and there ability to turn into 2-way players.

Whey not trade Shattenkirk for Gubranson? because Gubranson was drafted to be a shut down defender and hopefully he develops and Offensive game. As were the opposite can be said about Shattenkirk...

Leddy was drafted as an Offensive defense man with good 2-way capabilities.

HF Talent Analysis
    "While many view Leddy as an offensive defenseman, he could potentially blossom into more of a two-way defenseman. His play is equally strong at both ends of the ice. Leddy combines superb offensive prowess with conscientious and responsible defensive zone play. He does an excellent job of taking away time and space from the opposition, and can also create it for both himself and his teammates. One attribute that makes it all possible is his outstanding skating ability. Leddy is an agile skater with good speed and smoothness in his strides. This can particularly be seen in his transitioning and rushes up the ice. Still on the small side at 5'11 and 179 pounds, he was easily knocked off the puck and struggled to establish positioning in his first pro season."

Doesn't exactly read like Gubranson's
    I never said Leddy was a bum. I said Leddy was good.... just that Carlson is a stud.

I also didn't use the word "league". I said they are not in the same "tier". For example, in the same way Perron is not in the same tier as Zetterberg.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, I have zero credibility. But Dobber has tons.... and tons more than you.

Carlson is #10 on his list. Leddy is #52.
    That's your argument? seriously? A list that one guy in the fantasy world posted before the season even started?

You know who else he has in front of Leddy? Tom Gilbert, Kris Russel, Kevin Bieksa, Brendan Smith. Clearly, we should drop Leddy for all these guys.

He's also got Shattenkirk at #9 ahead of Weber, Edler, Chara and Boyle... let's drop'em all for Shatty!

Most mindblowing of all, he's got Green at #4... because clearly Green's better than Doughty, Keith, Big Buff and Weber.

But wait... since Dobber said it, it must be right... because his list is perfect, it even works for all different formats, and he's never wrong.

Dobber Sports Sage

Is this thread a joke?

Leddy can't hold Carlson's jock strap, whether it's this year or long-term.
    I never said Leddy was a bum. I said Leddy was good.... just that Carlson is a stud.

I also didn't use the word "league". I said they are not in the same "tier". For example, in the same way Perron is not in the same tier as Zetterberg.
    This is your original post yesterday. League/Tier Semantics. They are very close there games are very similar. They will both be very good NHLers. I would pick Leddy in a points only format, but as I said it is very close and this is coming from someone who moved Leddy 2 weeks ago in my most important pool and Washington is one of my favorite teams...

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Legend

C'mon fellas, Youngblood is right - no need for insults and attacks. Bottom line is both players were drafted in good slots, both have very good upsides, and even though Carlson had the "fantasy cred", both players have pedigree and bright futures. Carlson was being used in more of a shutdown mode and Leddy was producing well in his additional role. There were points to be made on both sides and nothing is yet written in stone. If anyone can 100% guarantee who will be a better fantasy option over the next 12 years with no error - forget about Carlson vs. Leddy and give me tomorrow night's Powerball numbers...I'll split a good portion of my $148 million winnings with you.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Rookie

That's your argument? seriously? A list that one guy in the fantasy world posted before the season even started?

You know who else he has in front of Leddy? Tom Gilbert, Kris Russel, Kevin Bieksa, Brendan Smith. Clearly, we should drop Leddy for all these guys.

He's also got Shattenkirk at #9 ahead of Weber, Edler, Chara and Boyle... let's drop'em all for Shatty!

Most mindblowing of all, he's got Green at #4... because clearly Green's better than Doughty, Keith, Big Buff and Weber.

But wait... since Dobber said it, it must be right... because his list is perfect, it even works for all different formats, and he's never wrong.
    What do you want me to say then? I offer my opinion and you say it means nothing because I have no credibility. Why should I even bother posting on this forum then? Apparently, you need to be certified with credibility to post on this website. Something I was not aware of.

So then I offer Dobber's opinion and then you say it means nothing because he's just another guy's opinion, nevermind the fact that so many people on this website seem to disagree by (a) visiting his website all the time and (b) buying his fantasy guides.

Also, Tom Gilbert, Kris Russell, Kevin Bieksa, and Brendan Smith are all bunched together in the rankings (48-52), so it's hardly an endorsement by Dobber that any of them are better than Leddy. The fact that Carlson is ranked so far ahead, on the other hand, is very telling.

Green is the best fantasy d-man in this league when he is healthy. If you knew he was going to be healthy, you'd be a fool to take the other guys you've mentioned over Green. I fail to understand what is so "mindblowing" about Dobber's ranking of Green.