Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Voynov recalled by LA

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
    tyvm Ballsakic.

I feel redeemed. This kid is not a bad own. Ty dobberhockey.com
    Yeah good move.

Dobber Sports Genius

Watched the first two periods myself, Murray kept going with the Voynov PP unit as PP1 to let Voynov showcase his skill-set. I pump few D on this site, but Fowler, Karlsson, Orlov, and Voynov are all gonna be monster with the first two already having popped at this point/on the verge of it where as these latter two will absolutely be monsters in their own right as well.

Guy is very good defensively and positionally and very smart, poised, confident with a 55+ talent skill-set on top of it. Total package. I really hope they keep him up and trade away Martinez, not that I dislike Martinez by any means, but someone has to go on the LA blueline (Greene or Scuderi preferably) as Voynov is too good to be in the AHL.

Lokotinov I was not overly impressed with, high 60's/low 70's upside at best. Nothing to write home about by any means. Voynov is the real deal though so I obviously advocate holding in any keeper where he can be realistically accommodated and even on PP2 he is a good short-term add.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Watched the first two periods myself, Murray kept going with the Voynov PP unit as PP1 to let Voynov showcase his skill-set. I pump few D on this site, but Fowler, Karlsson, Orlov, and Voynov are all gonna be monster with the first two already having popped at this point/on the verge of it where as these latter two will absolutely be monsters in their own right as well.

Guy is very good defensively and positionally and very smart, poised, confident with a 55+ talent skill-set on top of it. Total package. I really hope they keep him up and trade away Martinez, not that I dislike Martinez by any means, but someone has to go on the LA blueline (Greene or Scuderi preferably) as Voynov is too good to be in the AHL.
    Good to hear, as I decided to pick him up earlier in a couple of deeper one-year leagues as depth. I wasn't losing much with my drops so low risk, potential decent reward here.

Dobber Sports Star

How many of us have a chance on Voy?

Dobber Sports Star

The other big change was moving Voynov from the right side to the left. It’s not a stretch to call it a tryout. If Voynov plays well on the left side, there’s a very good chance that he will stay with the Kings, even after Alec Martinez returns from injury.

Exactly whose spot Voynov would take remains to be seen, but in his first game on the left, Voynov earned solid reviews.
    MURRAY: “To me, it worked out very well, specifically with Voynov making the change over to the left side. His reads, his acceptance of going to the left side, first of all, he showed a lot of maturity in doing it and he handled the play extremely well. He did not get himself in any tough situations because of being over there. He just moved on and played his game, and I was happy to see that. All three pairs played well. They were assertive, they were pretty aggressive, they closed fast and moved the puck out of our D zone at the right time. So we’ll stay with it again.’’

What's the status on Martinez? Anyone know?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sadly I slept through getting Voynov. Looking good!

Dobber Sports Novice

I picked him up in one and missed him in my other keeper league. I had a chance in both bit didnt nab him when he was sent down the first time. I'm hoping they find a way to let him stick.
    Twitter - @thehockeypulse

14 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8 Plus 4 Prospects)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4 Prospects
    G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,Hits - W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    What's the status on Martinez? Anyone know?
    Martinez isn't ready yet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am in a limited keep pool with 10 keepers.. Team and points in sig.. I would need him to count for me... is it worth taking the risk? I've heard great things about him but I dont have a stash spot on my roster..
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    I am in a limited keep pool with 10 keepers.. Team and points in sig.. I would need him to count for me... is it worth taking the risk? I've heard great things about him but I dont have a stash spot on my roster..
    I think the chance of Voynov getting sent back down is too great for you, with your setup. Both Bogosian and Blum are better bets for points this year. Long-term however, I'd drop either for Voynov.