Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Giroux/Rinne for Stamkos/Vokoun

Dobber Sports Ninja

That is actually the most coherent, logical and heart-felt post I've ever seen come out from you on these forums lol

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    but not everyone insight is of equal value despite how much they would like to believe otherwise on their own ends. The quicker, not yourself necessarily, but the vast majority of people on here understand these very simple realities the better off you all will be.

but I also can care less as well as any "insult" I make has to do with talking about the sport, me knowing better than the individual on the other end, and me not valuing what people have to say.

I still know quite a number of things on my end that most everyone else does not and am very generous with conveying this in the process of giving advice ............. you might actually learn something on your ends to help you better understand how and why things occur rather than just worry about drawing (often incorrect) assertions off statistics after the fact, and maybe, just maybe come across plenty of amusement in the process along the way just like I do from most of the posters on this site.
    Honestly this is one of your most arrogant posts yet.

You really should just start your own site, because you clearly think you know better than everyone else on here and you dont want or take anyone elses advice. Just start up your own fantasy site and that way you can have a dedicated arena for your verbal diarrhea

Banned

Hey MT I have a couple words for you

You are nothing but a goddamn moron. Seriously, you think you are so ****ing holy with your "trade help" and analysis it's pathetic. To say that other people's opinions are only to hear themselves talk, but your advice is law is purely insane.

If anything you are the one wanting to hear yourself talk, as in EVERY thread that I read where you participate in you seem to pretend you are the ****ing god of fantasy hockey.

You're credibility is already less than that of a pile of shit on the streets so who even cares what you say?
    Remember how you were crying rivers here at the forums that you were leaving? In fact, here is the exact quote from one of your posts

MT319 wrote:
    Threaten?...I am gone by next monday for good I stated this upon returning and I had absolutely no intention on returning at all like I stated earlier this month as it's always gonna be the story on here unlike the couple times prior when I left for a month or two and hten started posting again thinknig it'd be different. I don't use the site the same way as others and obviously think I know best and of course that doesn't mesh well with others. Why i've posted for the last 4 or 5 days is entirely irrelevant to why I used the site prior and as mentioned when that time frame in which it is necessary for me to post on my end elapses I absolutely will make good on what I state. Bob Solorio, I dunno anything about that situation or can recall anything he's ever posted in the keeper sections so that's it's own deal altogether. I will be gone by monday evening for good and obviously that will clearly speak for itself on my end in due time again as you will soon see.
    and shall I enlighten you all with another ****ing arrogant post by mr. MT319

MT319 wrote:
    You troll in the follow-up reply as well so who are you kidding to begin with anyway. People like yourself is exactly what brings those that are here for it to function as a "community" down. Fact still is at the end of the day, people can dislike, misinterpret, and/or create whatever postiive or negative fictional character they want on their ends in regard to myself, but it still doesn't change the reality of anything on my end so it makes no difference to me. On top of that it also doesn't change the fact that you could post for another 10 years on this site and still not contribute 1/2 the amount of worthwhile things that I have in my little 6 month active span so again who are you even kidding on either level. This site serves me a temporary purpose which will expire within a week and then you will see for yourself when I make good on exactly what I said, until then people like yourself are not worth anymore of my time. Take it easy buddy.

Seriously buddy, you cry rivers about this site, but you pretend you are a godsend to the site. Perhaps you should follow previous posters advice and start your own site? I'm sure you will get a lot of followers.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of shit for this post, but whatever. It needed to be said.

You are irritating, and annoying and I can't wait for the day you start another thread as to why you are leaving this site.

Cheers,

Your pal Dutch

p.s. To the opening poster... don't stock up on centers as wingers are more valuable. Keep rinne and grioux! You can get enough other centers to cover the stamkos "loss"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

In a keeper league, I would take the Giroux and Rinne side and here's why. Giroux is close to Stamkos but Stamkos is the more valuable player in fantasy leagues, we can all agree on that. However, Giroux is becoming a top notch player in the NHL and is off to a blistering start with 22 points and he's taken over as the offensive leader on the Philadelphia Flyers. The Stamkos and Giroux difference is not huge, but I do prefer Stamkos of the two.

Having said that, the difference between Rinne and Vokoun in a keeper league is huge IMO. Rinne is 29 years old and signed long term in Nashville, so he will remain in a system that inflates his stats. Vokoun is 35 and there is no guarantee he stays with the Washington Capitals after this year. I believe Neuvirth will have the starting job next season and Holtby will be his backup. So where does Vokoun go? About the only NHL team that needs a goalie badly is Columbus, maybe New Jersey if Brodeur retires? Where else does he sign? Most NHL teams have a top notch prospect coming up or have a stud goalie locked into a long term contract.

The Rinne and Giroux side gets the edge here.
    Last edited by dmvincent; November 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    In a keeper league, I would take the Giroux and Rinne side and here's why. Giroux is close to Stamkos but Stamkos is the more valuable player in fantasy leagues, we can all agree on that. However, Giroux is becoming a top notch player in the NHL and is off to a blistering start with 22 points and he's taken over as the offensive leader on the Philadelphia Flyers. The Stamkos and Giroux difference is not huge, but I do prefer Stamkos of the two.

Having said that, the difference between Rinne and Vokoun in a keeper league is huge IMO. Rinne is 29 years old and signed long term in Nashville, so he will remain in a system that inflates his stats. Vokoun is 35 and there is no guarantee he stays with the Washington Capitals after this year. I believe Neuvirth will have the starting job next season and Holtby will be his backup. So where does Vokoun go? About the only NHL team that needs a goalie badly is Columbus, maybe New Jersey if Brodeur retires? Where else does he sign? Most NHL teams have a top notch prospect coming up or have a stud goalie locked into a long term contract.

The Rinne and Giroux side gets the edge here.
    Good sound advice here (although I disagree and would chose Stammer side as previously posted). I guess what it boils down to is Giroux's worth and I feel that I'm learning a lot from this thread (taking aways all the BS posts that have nothing to do with the actual trade).

1. Many here believe that Giroux is going to grow into an elite player and that the gap between him and Stamkos are going to be pretty close. If YOU THINK that's the case. YOU STAND PAT.

2. Some, like myself, feel that your set at G and the upgrade to Stamkos is worth losing Rinne. If YOU feel that Stamkos is a true top 5 F and that Giroux will remain a PPG player...YOU TAKE THE DEAL.

Based on what I've read here I would say the majority are leaning towards #1 which is not what I'd do. But I think that's great because it has enlightened me as to why some may chose the Giroux/Rinne.

I'm not the orignial poster but I have learned a lot here...so thanks!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the fact that we're already on page three of debating which side of the trade "wins" is probably an even better argument for the eveness of the value of the players involved than any of us have made for which side is more advantageous.

Personally the tipping point, and to me at least, the key to the trade, is the fact that you have in Lundqvist, a goaltender of similar age, and production.

To me, that means that for your particular team, in your particular league, Rinne is replaceable.

I usually subscribe to the theory that whoever gets the best player wins the trade, and while Giroux and Rinne are both very valuable players, having the opportunity to acquire the best player, and having the ability to replace Rinne's production makes the move worthwhile, ...it may not nesecarily be a "home run" of a trade, ...you're giving a lot of value in return for what you're getting, but it improves your team and is worth doing imho.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Stud

So much hatred getting used when it all could have been avoided if the OP had posted his roster.

Somewhere Shoeless is shedding a tear.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

The Wolverine

Vestry, I would like to apologise for being part of the negativity surrounding parts of this thread. This aside, you have been given some solid advice so I hope it works out for you, whatever you decide.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    So much hatred getting used when it all could have been avoided if the OP had posted his roster.

Somewhere Shoeless is shedding a tear.
    You mean this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Vestry View Post
    My goalies are Lundqvist, Rinne, Pavelec, Rask.

Roster is

C: Tavares, Roy, Crosby
    LW: Benn, Marchand, Pacioretty, Clowe, Dubinsky, Kulemin, Jordan Staal
    RW: Purcell, Parenteau, Hemsky, Vrbata, Hornqvist, Giroux
    D: Campbell, Byfuglien, Keith, Carlson, Del Zotto, Timonen, Goligoski, Enstrom

Roto league. 2nd year of 5. 10-11 keepers.
    Want to win now.
    8 teams.

Positions are 4 centers, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 W, 6 D, 2G
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Vestry, I would like to apologise for being part of the negativity surrounding parts of this thread. This aside, you have been given some solid advice so I hope it works out for you, whatever you decide.
    Thanks. I'm wondering if I should be concerned that Lundqvist will be my only keeper goaltender if I make this trade?
    8 team, 5 year keeper (2nd year)

G, A, Pts, +-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SA, SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Vestry
    Thanks. I'm wondering if I should be concerned that Lundqvist will be my only keeper goaltender if I make this trade?

Legitimate fear. I went into this season with Varlamov as my 2nd goalie, and I've been trying for 2 months to upgrade that.
    In a 10 team league or less (starting 2 goalies), I feel it's easy to trade for a goalie. As soon as you hit 12 teams, goalies become a scarce commodity. I don't remember if you said how many teams in your league.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    Legitimate fear. I went into this season with Varlamov as my 2nd goalie, and I've been trying for 2 months to upgrade that.
    In a 10 team league or less (starting 2 goalies), I feel it's easy to trade for a goalie. As soon as you hit 12 teams, goalies become a scarce commodity. I don't remember if you said how many teams in your league.
    In my sig! 8 teams.
    8 team, 5 year keeper (2nd year)

G, A, Pts, +-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SA, SHO

Dobber Sports All-Star

So I just read this whole thread, minus the blocked MT posts and I have to know what you ended up doing???

For what it's worth, I'd be on the Giroux/Rinne side. This would be a good one for Angus or Dobber to weigh in on, I'd be interested to see what they think.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports All-Star

Giroux puts up another stinker tonight, he's just not an elite forward. Bail now before he comes down to earth.....
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    Giroux puts up another stinker tonight, he's just not an elite forward. Bail now before he comes down to earth.....
    I'm definitely dropping him for Okposo, I'm so fed up with this shit...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'm definitely dropping him for Okposo, I'm so fed up with this shit...
    I'd hold onto him for another week or so, there's still a slim chance that he somehow manages to reinvent himself and can maybe secure a spot as some sort of energy guy or something.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)