Thread: Trevor Linden

I...am your father.

Default Trevor Linden

If he plays three more seasons and retires at the age of 40 with 400 goals and 900 points (very possible), do you put him in the Hall of Fame?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Trevor Linden

I do not. Let\'s say his stat line reads:

1563 GP, 400 goals, 900 pts

- 0 seasons over 80 points
    - 0 seasons over 33 goals
    - 1 season over 100 PIM (101 in \'92)
    - 2 ASG appearances (\'91, \'92)
    - 0 Stanley Cups (so far)
    - no other hardware

Great character player, but his resume does not scream hall of famer to me, statistically or otherwise.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No.
    I believe that each year other players will get better voting than him. There are a lot of players who\'s going to retire in the next few years that need to be in the HoF before Linden.

What about getting his number retired as a Canuck....only is there is a Stanley Cup there soon.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Ninja

I sure hope Linden doesn\'t end up in the Hall of Fame. He wasn\'t a great player, he didn\'t dominate games. I don\'t have the numbers to back this up, but did he even make an all-star team? Too many dominate centers in his era for him to stand out. He should be recognized as a very good player and a leader. I don\'t doubt that there are players in the Hall with worse numbers. It shouldn\'t be only about the numbers, it should be about greatness, the ability to dominate the game during your time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m a fan of the guy on and off the ice, but I don\'t think he deserves the HOF.

I do think, however, that the Canucks should retire #16 the day he retires. The day.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

the minute Linden retires they begin planning the jersey retiring. Even as a Canuck fan, Linden isn\'t HHOF material. Neither are 25% of the guys in there.. but thats for another day.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Stud

Include me in the consensus, thus far. Linden does not warrant HOF. He certainly is \"Mr. Canuck\". When you consider the attributes that you would like your Canuck player to own, you definitely think of Trevor Linden. Great team player, works hard, leader off and on the ice. His number will surely be retired. He has earned every bit of the recognition that he receives.

Dobber Sports Expert

I\'ve been a Canucks fan all my life. Linden has god-like status in Vancouver and truthfully, he deserves it for the leadership he\'s brought to the team.

Hall of Fame = I\'d like to see it, but it would not be deserved.
    Retire his jersey number = A must...no other Canuck has meant more to this team for more years than Linden.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask