Thread: Dirty Rangers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Dirty Rangers

Holweg about to get his millionth suspension. Bashed Sergei Kostitsyn head first into the boards. Refs missed a blatant Kovalev elbow, Kostitsyn paid the price.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jagr mauled all over the ice

Maybe if the refs were doing their jobs hollweg wouldn\'t have had to run him? Still , I think it was stupid, as the team has to kill 3 minutes after tying it up and getting the momentum back.

Anyone noticing how badly Komisarek is all over Jagr? I thought the NEW NHL protects stars? Komisarek has his gloves in 68 \'s face and completely mauling him. Brutal. That is not good D, just not the new NHL called. All the small players would be getting calls, but just b/c Jagr is big he doesn\'t. Brutal, brutal shitty NHL reffing. Have some damn consistancy!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Jagr mauled all over the ice

Agree with bluejays!!

Terrible missed call on the very obvious Kovalev elbow = Holweg running Kostitsyn!

Obviously it was Kovalev\'s elbow that started everything, he should pay the piper as much as Holweg should for running that little guy.

Told my wife as soon as I saw the elbow, if Holweg hits any of the Habs, they will act like they got shot and lay on the ice for a while....and I was amazed to see that was correct!!
    Pat LaFontaine #16

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Dirty Rangers

typical kovalev , just when you thought he was on board , howlweg makes kostitsin pay for the hit , could have at least got kovalev , more suspenions to come if they do\'nt calm things down , not sure how the refs\' missed the elbow , dirty shot.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Dirty Rangers

Maybe if the refs were doing their jobs hollweg wouldn\'t have had to run him?
    agreed. I did mention that.

This will be Holwegs second game misconduct for a hit from behind this year. This is part of my crusade that the problem is bigger than the flyers (who though they have 5 incidents, no repeat offenders - Hatcher most likely to repeat imho). I still think you run at Kovy if you got a sack, not the first person you see.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dirty Rangers

ya i agree with bluejays... once hollweg nudged kovalev, kovalev followed hollweg and only had one intention.. pretyt much the same idea when he intentionally lost the puck and hit tucker last year...
    komasarick isnt over-rated, but the way pierre mcguire and the boys were stuffing his cap today on nbc was ridiculous... how he wasnt called for interference or roughing is beyond me...
    i admire jagr and how he didnt take any type of retaliation penalty
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dirty Rangers

mblava wrote:

Obviously it was Kovalev\'s elbow that started everything, he should pay the piper as much as Holweg should for running that little guy.
    I agree 1000%. Nobody is going to excuse the stupid crap that Hollweg does. To be honest, i dont like the guy very much. Yea, he\'ll throw the body around, but he\'s too small to do any real harm with a legal check. But how can there be a \"dirty rangers\" thread when we agree it was retaliation to the Kovalev elbow? If you got an elbow to the jaw wouldnt you be pissed? Why isnt this thread called \"sneaky & dirty Canadiens\"? Is it cause a Canadian guy runs the site? I dont get it.

Im not trying to start anything serious but i dont see why we need to label an entire team as \"dirty\" when it\'s one idiot over and over.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dirty Rangers

i think it\'s more of an on-going joke/awareness as there was a big hubbub about all the flyer hits and suspensions.

since then rp\'s been keeping tabs on the other teams\' dirty play and making us aware that the problem is beyond just the flyers, which it is.

i don\'t think it\'s got anything to do with the fact that dobber\'s canadian. lord knows he can defend himself if someone slights him.

i think it\'s just another of a long line of examples of situations that wouldn\'t happen if they took the stupid instigator penalty out. if so either kovalev doesn\'t throw the elbow cause he knows he\'ll pay for it, or when he does, holweg or orr come a-knockin\'.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Dirty Rangers

It is a dirty Rangers thread because Holweg is a repeat offender. This year.

i think it\'s more of an on-going joke/awareness as there was a big hubbub about all the flyer hits and suspensions.

since then rp\'s been keeping tabs on the other teams\' dirty play and making us aware that the problem is beyond just the flyers, which it is.
    Correct Sir.

I also do agree that Kovy \"started it\" but you run at Kovy, not some kid who\'s been torching you all night with clean play. My only real beef was it was a poorly timed penalty if anything. He put himself in a position to hurt the team after they tied it. That is not \"goon\" time. That comes when you are up or down. Not when you are in the game. Big win though, just not the usual recipe.

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dirty Rangers

enfuego wrote:
    I dont follow this board all that closely so thank you for pointing that fact out to me. Ok, as long as it\'s recognized across for all teams and not some stupid bais against the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Dirty Rangers

NYR9394 wrote:
    ? If you got an elbow to the jaw wouldnt you be pissed? Why isnt this thread called \"sneaky & dirty Canadiens\"? Is it cause a Canadian guy runs the site? I dont get it.

Im not trying to start anything serious but i dont see why we need to label an entire team as \"dirty\" when it\'s one idiot over and over.
    one idiot? try hollweg, orr, avery.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Dirty Rangers

agreed, those 3 are embarassing. i don\'t see rag games that often so maybe someone can help me with this... why is hollweg in the nhl? chris simon makes some pretty stupid decisions, but i don\'t think he tried to crack somebody\'s head open with his stick just for the hell of it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dirty Rangers

repenttokyo wrote:

one idiot? try hollweg, orr, avery.[/quote]

Avery is a nuisance and can often be a little dirty, i\'ll grant u that but no way is Orr dirty. He plays an enforcers role. I cant remember a time when he\'s been the center of a REALLY controversial hit. Even on the Matt Cullen hit, Cullen had his head down.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dirty Rangers

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    maybe someone can help me with this... why is hollweg in the nhl?
    If i had a dollar every time that thought came across my mind. That guy is completely useless. I dont know why his dumb ass isnt sent down as often as Dawes, who has more offensive talent in his f*cking pinky and is probably just as tall.