Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Malkin Owners Rejoice!

Dobber Sports Pro

Rejoice? I never unjoiced. I am still joicing.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Rejoice? I never unjoiced. I am still joicing.
    Too bad Evgeni now plays more like a Joyce, you guys really gotta turn the page Stamkos has been the superior option for what is now going on 3 years and the guy tore his ACL of all things to only further solidify this moving forward. Nothing wrong being a Malkin fan, but save it for real life not fantasy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    Here comes Debbie Downer, Wha, Wha!!!
    did you not just make a thread in the trade talk section asking about dishing Malkin for Stamkos. Be serious bro.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Too bad Evgeni now plays more like a Joyce, you guys really gotta turn the page Stamkos has been the superior option for what is now going on 3 years and the guy tore his ACL of all things to only further solidify this moving forward. Nothing wrong being a Malkin fan, but save it for real life not fantasy.
    Hahaha nice! I was just joking, I only own Malkin in one league out of four (took over the team so he wasn't my draft choice) and I am doing well in that league so I am not fretting just yet. In my two 1 year leagues I opted for Daniel Sedin in one and Ovechkin in the other.

I will never hate on Malkin though, always hope the best for talented guys.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Too bad Evgeni now plays more like a Joyce
    hahhaha... that was good

Banned

did you not just make a thread in the trade talk section asking about dishing Malkin for Stamkos. Be serious bro.
    yeah but how are his skating mechanics?

Dobber Sports Genius

Stamkos's...elite plus the best pure shooter in the sport aside form one of the best sets of wheels.

Dobber Sports Stud

malkin is in the conversation with crsoby and AO since they meet every critera for long term production.

for every high end talent in a keeper i think of 2 things, can he produce on his own (linemates) and does he have more than one way to score.

AO produced before backstrom came up, he helps since he is a very good center, but even if they are both 90 point players the reason i would want AO more is that AO is a product of himself, backstrom is really just very good with an elite linemate.

Stamkos scares me since he looks like he has both. He has played well in the few times he has played without st loius, but is he a 100 point player without an elite winger. He also seems to like to take the same types of shots all of the time, is he as good as AO and can do that since he is so good or will teams adjust to him when st loius is gone.

I am in 2 dynasty leagues and i own malkin in both (not a good idea i know, but i just got him in one and actually hope to flip him in a giroux and benn for malkin type deal). He can produce on his own, and has done it without crosby. i think crosby actually hurts his value a little since often times it pushs him down to line 1b. if anyone in pittsburg really helps his value it is staal that takes all of the hard minutes for a center there.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Expert

everyone tries to downplay Malkins talent.. yes he has gone(is going) through a major injury and recovery.. yes it will take time to recover, yes he might not get 100 this season or next. He might not have super skating speed or agility, but that man has some skating power. Jagr is strong in this sense too.

my point is, everyone is quick to bash the crap out of Malkin, but what about OV? where are his improvements and scoring ability he is touted for?
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    everyone tries to downplay Malkins talent.. yes he has gone(is going) through a major injury and recovery.. yes it will take time to recover, yes he might not get 100 this season or next. He might not have super skating speed or agility, but that man has some skating power. Jagr is strong in this sense too.

my point is, everyone is quick to bash the crap out of Malkin, but what about OV? where are his improvements and scoring ability he is touted for?
    I agree, its wayyyy premature to be bashing Malkin this season...I've been arguing this for a year now, that the best case scenario for him this season is to stay healthy enough to play about 70-75 games and not re-injure that knee! I figure he can score 80-90 pts if he can follow thru on that...Crosby's return will help a lot too. Major knee surgery takes a full season to recover from but if Malkin can do it he has to still be considered among the elite, Stamkos hasn't proved he's in that group yet

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I agree, its wayyyy premature to be bashing Malkin this season...I've been arguing this for a year now, that the best case scenario for him this season is to stay healthy enough to play about 70-75 games and not re-injure that knee! I figure he can score 80-90 pts if he can follow thru on that...Crosby's return will help a lot too. Major knee surgery takes a full season to recover from but if Malkin can do it he has to still be considered among the elite, Stamkos hasn't proved he's in that group yet
    Agree with this completely. In a keeper league, I'd take Malkin 10/10 times over either Stamkos or Giroux. For this year, I think Malkin still outpoints both but he has to stay healthy for the rest of the year to do that.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

What too quick to judge...he has been this good even when he was putting up 110...i was on this site less than 3 days chriping the same when everyone laughs at me. He really is not that good...low 90's assist-heavy been chirping this for 3 years now and from day one upon making an account on this site. People finally just started to catch on and finally accept what has been reality since WJC 04 when I first watched him play a shift and was totally unimpressed and off-put by his skating ability. Nothing has changed about him since low 90's assist-heavy talent.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...29&postcount=5

Underlying point this is not a new opinion on my end, this has been what i've been saying for the last 3 years.

Dobber Sports All-Star

What too quick to judge...he has been this good even when he was putting up 110...i was on this site less than 3 days chriping the same when everyone laughs at me. He really is not that good...low 90's assist-heavy been chirping this for 3 years now and from day one upon making an account on this site. People finally just started to catch on and finally accept what has been reality since WJC 04 when I first watched him play a shift and was totally unimpressed and off-put by his skating ability. Nothing has changed about him since low 90's assist-heavy talent.
    I hate having players that only get low 90's in points.....Give it up MT, your Malkin opinions have no facts to support them other than that you are unimpressed when you watch him and on top of that, you are not a scout.

Every one knows you don't want to own Malkin so please stop spamming every Malkin post with your nonsense. We will just assume from now on that any post about Malkin being owned or traded, you will be against it.

As for me starting a trade thread about him, I don't see what that has to do with anything. Just because I like owning Malkin, doesn't mean I stop trying to upgrade my roster. If you'd read the post instead on just seeing Malkin, you would have noticed that I was debating the Khabibulin for Chara move as well.

I don't know, I'm in a piss mood tonight and normally I let stuff go but you`re really making it hard to bite tongues with this one.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Banned

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...29&postcount=5

Underlying point this is not a new opinion on my end, this has been what i've been saying for the last 3 years.

well lets see now....he posted 85 pts as a ROOKIE so I'm gonna call you on your bullshit...he then proceeded to post seasons of 106 and 113...then he had a season where he only played 67 games but scored 77 pts (pace would have been 94) then the last two seasons were marred by injuries (last season being the worst). So if you wanna make the argument that he can't stay healthy enough in the NHL to keep putting up elite seasons then I can see that being a valid argument but to argue that he's 'not good' is ****ing ******ed. 2 years ago when the Pens won the cup he was the Conn Smythe winner with 36 pts in the playoffs, that's way more than anyone has scored in over a decade, he is an elite talent and the only question on him is if he can recover completely from his injury to resume that elite status, the talent is there, that is NOT the question

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unlike MT, I have no problem admitting Malkin is a world-class talent. When he's on... he's virtually unstoppable, and similar to Jagr, you cannot knock him off the puck.

My negative view of Malkin stems solely from his injury, and I'm betting he will never be the same player again. He may show flashes here and there, but my concern is the ligament damage will hinder him on some level for the rest of his career. I tore my ACL/MCL snowboarding 3 years ago, and after letting it heal for a full year, I can honestly tell you it will never feel 100% again.

I find it amusing when people on this forum take it so personally when I knock Malkin and it inevitably degenerates into a discussion about this amazing player he was 3-4 years ago. Nobody disputes that, but if you're looking at the reality of it today, and you think about it objectively, I think it would be difficult to justify holding onto him considering all the risks if you have an alternative like Stamkos who is 5 years younger, healthy, and is *almost* at the same level Malkin was at his peak (and I bet he'll get there), and will most definitely produce multiple 100 point seasons going forward. I think people are still too emotionally attached to his mystique and aren't evaluating the current situation objectively taking all the risks into account.

Just my 2 cents.