Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: radulov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Well over the past three seasons in the KHL, he has posted pretty well over a PPG and PIM / game. Let's not forget that overall, the KHL is a pretty low-scoring league.

For some type of parallel, last season Jagr averaged around a PPG in the KHL, and he's been around a PPG so far this year.

I'm not quite certain about upside here, but it seems to me at least that Radulov could certainly be capable of 70+ with solid PIM totals.

Cheers.

Agreed! I think he'll do well here, but right out of the gate I'm not expecting the same numbers Jagr is putting up this year as Radulov won't have Giroux passing him the puck over there in Nashville
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    The KHL season does end a month or so earlier than the NHL.

Yes it is possible for Rads to come back and play this year as his contractual commitment will be done for Salavat Ufa.

Will this happen? Doubtful.

Why? Radulov still owes one year on his original entry level contract with the Preds. If he played for 3 weeks or even 1 game that would count as his final years commitment to the Preds. If you were Poile, would you rather have Rads for 6+ months at that ELC low $ or have him be able to rid himself of that year in a few weeks. The only way I can picture that happening is if the Preds have some injuries and are in a play-off spot. Or, that is what they HAVE to do to get Rads to come back. Basically write-off his final ELC year and then pay him what a player of his value (albeit, presumed value as he isn't in the NHL) deserves.

Your guess is as good as mine as he is one of the most irritating players to own ever.
    Wouldn't he have to pass through waivers when he comes back in mid-season, though?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

I dont think he can come back this year ....

Why does Turris had to be signed before December 1st or he was not eligible to play this year in the NHL ????

it is not the same for everybody ??????
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Wouldn't he have to pass through waivers when he comes back in mid-season, though?
    I don't think so, because it is not a FA signing, there is still 1 year left on his entry level contract. But an interesting question.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My guess is that it's not covered by the CBA since it broke the rules in the first place. Special case.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    He doesn't. I don't want to dig up the info, but there is an exhaustive forum on HF Boards that explains why.

Basically, he could return THIS year after the KHL season is over, and there is talk of this happening, as he could use up his last year and then sign a long term extension. This does make some sense, and Nashville would demonstrate their committment to him by allowing him to burn his last entry year then sign him to a contract that reflects his value.

Of course, the more likely scenario is that he will return for a full season next year, and use up his last year on his entry level contract, THEN sign an extension.

Either way, it really looks like he will be back at the latest to start next season, and I for one see him as an impact player right away. 70 points is a very reasonable expectation.

I grabbed him off the wire, even though I am trying to contend, as I think he will walk in as my #3 fwd and produce right away.

Here's hopin!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Something is happening with Radulov. This blogger Fang_Finger who follows the Preds just tweeted that he interviewed Jay Grossman, Rinne's and Radulov's agent, and he told him some interesting news on Radulov. It was retweeted by The Predatorial, another Preds blogger. The bad news is this guy is keeping it to himself until 12/17 when his new website launches. My guess is he's probably announcing that he will definitely be back in the NHL next year, but who knows, maybe he's announcing that he'll re-join the Preds after the KHL season is done.

Anyway, not sure if there is anything of real interest in this, but it is certainly intriguing. I dropped Gorges for Radulov just now on the off-chance the news is even bigger.
    What a clever bugger! I know I will be checking out his site on the 17th.

Will be pissed if the bombshell reads "Nashville would like Radulov to return"

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    He doesn't. I don't want to dig up the info, but there is an exhaustive forum on HF Boards that explains why.

Basically, he could return THIS year after the KHL season is over, and there is talk of this happening, as he could use up his last year and then sign a long term extension. This does make some sense, and Nashville would demonstrate their committment to him by allowing him to burn his last entry year then sign him to a contract that reflects his value.

Of course, the more likely scenario is that he will return for a full season next year, and use up his last year on his entry level contract, THEN sign an extension.

Either way, it really looks like he will be back at the latest to start next season, and I for one see him as an impact player right away. 70 points is a very reasonable expectation.

I grabbed him off the wire, even though I am trying to contend, as I think he will walk in as my #3 fwd and produce right away.

Here's hopin!
    I coukd buy this happening. We shall see soon enough.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I coukd buy this happening. We shall see soon enough.
    It would make it a lot more feasable if his KHL team did not make the playoffs, but it looks like they will.

I would be sooooo stoked to see Rads line up in Nashville for the last 20 games or so and I assume most Preds fans would be willing to see him burn his contact if there was a legit shot at extending him long term.

Given his general douchiness, I would't surprise me at all to see Rads come back this year, then refuse to sign with Nashville and become a RFA at the end of the year.

Either way would be golden for me!!

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

It would make it a lot more feasable if his KHL team did not make the playoffs, but it looks like they will.

I would be sooooo stoked to see Rads line up in Nashville for the last 20 games or so and I assume most Preds fans would be willing to see him burn his contact if there was a legit shot at extending him long term.

Given his general douchiness, I would't surprise me at all to see Rads come back this year, then refuse to sign with Nashville and become a RFA at the end of the year.

Either way would be golden for me!!
    LOL..i agree. The douchi-nature of Radulov could very well have.him returning to Nashville, just so he can be a RFA (Radulov FA).
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Icon

I honestly think the most likely scenario is the 1st one loco man indicated, that he comes back this year and as a gesture of good faith the Preds allow him to burn the final entry year. You know he doesn't want to play for a year at 800k, just not going to happen. You also know Nashville needs high impact forwards if they want to make the playoffs and have a reasonable chance at playoff success this year. It is a tailor-made situation to negotiate an extension now, for say 2 years at $4.5M or something like that, you get him for the playoff run this year and 2 more years. He gets the major benefit of coming back to the NHL making the kind of money he now deserves. Then before the 2 years are up the Preds have a star on their roster who will either re-sign or (more likely) will yield significant trade assets. Nashville knows that he won't come back to play out his re-entry, and they won't find it in their interests to force him to do it just out of spite, they'll eat the final year because they know that, at this stage of his career (as opposed to when he left), he's worth WAY more than that $800k.

So my bet is he does indeed come back immediately after the KHL playoffs are done and steps right into the Preds lineup.

Plus Arnott's gone now, so no bad blood.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think Radulov or the Preds will do this unless the terms are agreed for beyond this year. I don't see the Preds taking his word that he will sign an extension after the year's up, they'll want that taken care of now. What makes most sense here is for there to be an agreement in place, that guarantees Radulov enough money beyond this season to make coming back this year worthwhile and that guarantees the Preds a good return either way (most likely short-term contributions on the ice coupled with an asset come off-season trading).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks Ross, now my hopes are WAY up!!! lol

It just makes too much sense for them to actually do it, but man would that be sweet for us looooonnnnnggggg suffering Rads owners

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks Ross, now my hopes are WAY up!!! lol

It just makes too much sense for them to actually do it, but man would that be sweet for us looooonnnnnggggg suffering Rads owners

I REALLY am loathe to get anyone's hopes up, honestly with how long people have been hoping for a comeback from him. But there is reason for optimism I think because it just makes so much darn sense AND Poile, in the off-season, spoke to Radulov and his agent and he came right out and said the chances of Radulov coming back to the NHL is very high. I'll find the quote but it was something like "he's won MVP of the KHL, won scoring titles, won a championship, now it's time for one of the better players in the world to come back and play against the best players in the world." Poile never intimated that he'd come back as early as this year though, that's for sure, but it does make sense for the team to consider that given their scoring troubles.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I REALLY am loathe to get anyone's hopes up, honestly with how long people have been hoping for a comeback from him. But there is reason for optimism I think because it just makes so much darn sense AND Poile, in the off-season, spoke to Radulov and his agent and he came right out and said the chances of Radulov coming back to the NHL is very high. I'll find the quote but it was something like "he's won MVP of the KHL, won scoring titles, won a championship, now it's time for one of the better players in the world to come back and play against the best players in the world." Poile never intimated that he'd come back as early as this year though, that's for sure, but it does make sense for the team to consider that given their scoring troubles.
    Agreed.

I read every possible tidbit on this situation, and there truly is reason for optimism - much more than ever before. Rads himself even said "I have one more year" referring to this season. He's comin back. Earlier would just be gravy. Sweet sweet gravy...
    Last edited by loco man; December 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue