Thread: R.Miller vs. P.Rinne

Dobber Sports Novice

Default R.Miller vs. P.Rinne

I am in a 16 team limited keeper (keep 3 this year) and i am looking to make a deal to acquire either Miller or Rinne as my franchise/ keeper goalie.

Goalie stats are: Wins, GAA, SV% and SO.

Who is the more valuable goalie in this format? I am leaning towards Miller, I think he may get a few more Wins because of his team. Rinne looks to historically have a better GAA and SV%, likely because NSH gives up more shots on goal.

Which goalie would you want to acquire? Which offer below would you prefer?

I have two pending deals:
    Datsyuk + Taylor Hall + Halak for Miller + Iggy
    Datsyuk + Taylor Hall + Halak for RInne + Iggy

my other two keepers are Stammer and Sid, so i dont mind dealing datsyuk or hall.

Thanks in advance!
    2015-16 One Year League
    14 team
    12 cats weekly H2H

O cats: G / A / + - / PIMS / STP / GWG / SOG / HITS / BLKS
    G cats: WINS / # of SVS / GAA
    9 Fwd, 5 D, 1 Util, 2 Goalies, 4 Bench, 1 IR

Fwds: Giroux, Seguin, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Steen, T.Hall, Saad, Belesky, Zucker, Barkov, Strome, K.Palmieri, Hudler,
    D: Giordano, Boychuk, Bogosian, Bieksa, M.Stone, B.Orpik, C.Miller (dropping tmrw)
    G: Crawford, C.Anderson
    IR: M.Fisher

Dobber Sports Deity

Thats a tough one for me. Both goalies are excellent. I think the Miller situation is a better one to be in, as he is signed for the next couple years on a solid team. Rinne has a few question marks around him. Going into FA could mean a change in teams and that could offer some doubts. No doubts about his ability to stop the puck, but right now, he has an excellent D in front of him. Thats the other issue with Nash, their D. They cant keep all of their good players back there (Suter, Weber) and how that will affect Rinnes numbers is another question. To me, I would go with Miller only because you know what you have. Thats just me, I am sure others would disagree.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."