Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default overpayment?

my gionta and j. bernier
    for
    price

Dobber Sports Pro

Default overpayment?

Hmmmm

I dont think it is overpayment and I would probably offer it also. Not so sure I would bite if I had Price though, and I am not the biggest fan. He does have a job waiting and they seem ready to love him. Bernier will take his lumps as the Kings mature but their core is a nice young team and he will be neeeded for them to get to the next level.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default overpayment?

I don\'t see this as an overpayment - Gionta a keeper normally?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default overpayment?

Shoeless wrote:
    I don\'t see this as an overpayment - Gionta a keeper normally?
    yes this is a keeper league and gionta is a sure 30 gls guy 70 pts going fwrd and bernier has the potential to be a starter for la.

price seems to have tye #1 job next year maybe but for sure the year after. (so does bernier actually)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default overpayment?

i agree with shoeless\'s line of thinking.. if you think about it, depending on the league gionta is not a keeper, so essentially this boils down to bernier vs price, and I think Price gets the edge there. without knowing the details of your league, I like this trade for you.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default overpayment?

hmmm well Gionta being a keeper muddies things. I really like Price but I think Bernier is going to be almost as good if a little later in the scheme of things. I don\'t know the specifics of your league but if doing a 2 for 1 opens up a roster spot - that spot carries intrinsic value that needs to also be weighed in the payment equation.

I am not sure now. Probably need to muck around in your league a little to get a better feel. Helpful aren\'t I?

Dobber Sports Master

Default overpayment?

Yes, consolidating resources usually makes your team stronger provided you draft (or know the wire) well. Is Price a better fantasy prospect than Bernier? Close, but probably yes. Is it worth giving up Gionta who scored 48 goals just 2 years ago...? Unsure. You dont score that many by accident. He should be able to pot 30+ every year with that talent.

Price is prolly a little closer to making a fantasy difference. Maybe as soon as next year? Long term, I see Price as having a slightly higher upside over Berns.

Who could you replace him with? What is expected to be available in the draft? Answering these questions should decide it for you.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default overpayment?

Is it worth giving up Gionta who scored 48 goals just 2 years ago...? Unsure. You dont score that many by accident. He should be able to pot 30+ every year with that talent.
    You cant live in the past. That leads to OVERVALUING players. The 48 season was an anomaly or at least the perfect storm. He was playing with Gomez, he scored 24 Power Play Goals. He has NEVER come close to those number before OR since. Gionta is a real nice player but to act like he is more than a 25 goal scorer is fooling yourself and is just stoopid.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider