Thread: The OHL Rundown - October 31st

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default The OHL Rundown - October 31st

Happy Halloween everyone.

Your Trick? See the Ryan Strome highlight reel goal in the OHL Rundown.
    Your Treat? How about a Top 30 NHL Draft Ranking released later tonight by Todd Cordell and myself.

Enjoy The OHL Rundown - October 31st

It's chalked full of great info, videos and prospect updates.

Engage in the OHL/CHL discussion here

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sarnia GM/Coach Jacques Beaulieu is like that one guy in your fantasy league that always seems to be wheeling and dealing and he's at it again.

To replace the offence lost by the news of Alex Galchenyuk's long term knee injury the Sarnia Sting acquired overager offensive guru Brett Thompson from the struggling Erie Otters. Sarnia sent a 3rd Round Pick (2012) and 2nd Round Pick (2013)

To make room for the overager, Sarnia dealt longtime Sting defenseman Daniel Broussard (a beauty of a player and nice kid) to the Ottawa 67's for a 2012 3rd Rd pick. Broussard will be missed dearly by the Sting fans as he was a favourite.

Brett Thompson will be atreat to watch though.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As expected, Sarnia GM Jacques Beaulieu makes a third trade today with the Windsor Spitfires acquiring defenseman Craig Duininck for 2014 2nd, 2012 5th and 2012 14th

The NHL fans who love trading need to petition to get Jacques into the NHL = trading machine

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Love the top 30 you released.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Love the top 30 you released.
    Thanks. Spent quite a bit of time and discussion on that.

For those interested, I have released my Top 30 Rankings for the 2012 NHL Draft (November Edition) over at The Hockey Guys website. Todd Cordell (OHL Creditialed Writer) and I will be updating monthly (1st of every month).

Banned

All hail the Prince

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Windsor Spitfires continue to unload.

Windsor traded Pittsburgh prospect Tom Kuhnhackl to the Niagara Ice Dogs for
    Phillip DiGiuseppe (Univ. of Michigan; 2012 draft prospect), goaltender Jaroslav Pavelka, three 2nd round draft picks ('12, '14, '15) and a '13 1st Round Import)

The Spitfires also traded Dallas Stars 2010 1st Round pick Jack Campbell (G) to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds for Patrick Sieloff,
    MacKenzie Braid and a boat load of picks (four 2nd Round picks, two 3rds and a conditional 15th round).

Look for the Gregg McKegg (Toronto Prospect playing for Erie) and Ryan Spooner (Boston prospect playing for Kingston) to be the next big names on the move. Rumours have Spooner ending up in London but we will wait to see how it plays out.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Details of the above trades can be found here

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Do you see Olden becoming available?

It would free up and import and overage spot for Erie next season. And by the way Olden has played, he could probably fetch a pretty good return.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I haven't heard of Olden becoming available but with Erie out of the running this season I cannot see why the Otters wouldn't at least entertain the idea of seeing what he would fetch.

I have been extremely impressed with Olden (great pick for the Leafs) and he should get a great return if they were to indeed trade him.

It might be difficult to find a team with an open import spot (and/or OA spot) and I am not sure if some of these import picks have a no-trade clause either so that's something else that could dictate whether he gets dealt or not.

I will ask around.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dean, will you be watching the Sting/Storm tonight?

If so, anyway you could provide a run-down on a few Storm guys? I moved back to Chatham and haven't been able to see my team play a whole lot this season. Any news on anyone that stands out would be awesome.

I'm curious to know how Garlent is playing, I know he had a real slow start to the season.

If you could that would be sweet, and if not, then oh well haha.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
    Dean, will you be watching the Sting/Storm tonight?

If so, anyway you could provide a run-down on a few Storm guys? I moved back to Chatham and haven't been able to see my team play a whole lot this season. Any news on anyone that stands out would be awesome.

I'm curious to know how Garlent is playing, I know he had a real slow start to the season.

If you could that would be sweet, and if not, then oh well haha.
    Sorry Brian, I didn't get to the game last night and wasn't able to watch it. From all accounts I've heard, Hunter Garlent has played exceptionally well this season and it appears (from the scoresheet) that he had a strong game (2 assists and was named 3rd star).

Sounds like the game was exciting. You can catch the highlights here

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ah, no worries there.

I heard that about Garlent to. I know as far as points go he had a real slow start, so to see 8 in 16 games is encouraging.

I am getting real excited over the future of this team. Scott Walker and Mike Kelly have really righted this ship. This team doesn't know what it means to quit. Currently 8th but only 2 points away from 5th place (with a few games in hand over everyone ahead of them)

Not bad for a team that lists 10 rookies on the roster.