Thread: 10/29/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default 10/29/11 - Studs & Duds

Studs and Duds
    Saturday October 30th

As we continue to get settled in, there are a couple of new changes to this feature's scheduling. Here is the new daily breakdown:

Monday - Peter (@pharling)
    Tuesday - Eric Daoust
    Wednesday - Garrett / Dyz, (@garrett_william)
    Thursday - Brandon, (@B0ndon)
    Friday - Tyler, (@TK12555)
    Saturday - Gates, (@GM_Gates)
    Sunday - MetalDude26, (@stevelaidlaw)

I am happy to announce that Peter Harling (@pharling) will join the crew.The decision to bring him in? I did not want my Fantrax Weekly Recap to take a day away from the feature on the forums. Now it is a separate entity entirely.

On that note, Fantrax has asked me to switch the report to a Monday-Sunday Coverage. My piece will now be found there on Mondays, starting with a weekend report for tomorrow's edition.

Studs

Zero

That is the combined amount of goals Rinne, Harding and Roloson let in last night. It meant something different for all three goalies. For Rinne, his 100th win. For Roloson, a tap on the back for a rough October showing and for Harding, to show that he can be valuable go-to option if needed.

Streaking in October

With the come from behind win over the Rangers yesterday, the Sens find themselves on a five game winning streak. But this one is notable because of the way the team got it done.

Their last four victories included a pair buzzer beaters, a shoot out win and most recently, huge third period outburst after trailing by three (and eventual shootout win). Kudos Ottawa.

Follow up - San Jose is also on a five game win streak, led by Joe Pavelski and their big guns. The Red Wings are in awe.

Giroux fondue

That boy cooked up a storm last night with one goal and three assists. Not a good night on the draw (18%), but with that type of production, I am sure his owners will forgive him. He now has fifteen points in eleven games played.

You want Giroux love? There you go!

Duds

Tender tenders

Both Vokoun and Neuvirth could not stop the all out attack from Vancouver as thirteen Canucks got on the score board.

Sad tune for Lundqvist as he let in three third period goals and eventually lost in the shootout versus Ottawa. The Rangers are winless (in two) since arriving home to their revamped arena. They lost to both Ontario teams.

Brian Boucher was looking good against Philly… until he let in four third period goals.

Clipped Wings

With the loss tonight, Detroit adds to their loss streak and see it drop to four straight.

Their offensive troubles can go no further than Zetterberg. Had there been a little more production from Henrik, Detroit would (probably) not be in this same position.

Old Habits

Surprise surprise, Columbus lost again. Hate writing about these guys over and over again, but that is the nature of the beast. 1-9-1 is simply brutal.
    Last edited by GMGates; October 30, 2011 at 2:11 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Grand Master

@garrett_william

haha

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    @garrett_william

haha
    lol had to make it complicated :P
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Pro

Good to see Ottawa's youth battling for tough wins. Will mean a lot for their development!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Good to see Ottawa's youth battling for tough wins. Will mean a lot for their development!
    Yeah, the vibes in the dressing room must be through the roof.

There is so much to gain from stretches like that.
    Gates Imbeau