Thread: Zubov, time to drop?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zubov, time to drop?

I have a feeling he\'ll be out longer than expected, usually my gut feeling is right. And currently I\'m in battle with the #1 guy in the league this week, 5 pts behind him in the day-to-day swap h2h league. I\'m pretty sure if I do drop him, some of the bottom feeders of the league will pick him up and stash him on the Bench (4 bench spots)

I was thinking of picking up either Svatos, A. Kositsyn, Vrbata, Carcillo. I\'d love to win this week and take the #1 spot, which I\'m sure I\'ll do if I drop the dead weight that comes in the form of Zubov this week. But not at the cost of having him come back and near the end of the season and potentially cost me my playoff life by not having him.

As you can see my Dmen are Ryan Whitney, Jay Bouwmeester, Enstrom and Chara. We roll 4 D daily with 6F and 1 Utility player.

So...stay put and hang out to Zubov, or dump him, Whitney, Bouwmeester or Bertuzzi?
    12 Team H2H
    3C LW RW, 4F, 4D, 2G 8 bench.
    (G) 5 (A) 5 (Blk) 0.2 (Hit) 0.2 (PIM) 0.3 (+/-) 1 (SOG) 0.2
    (GA) -1 (SV) 0.2 (SHO) 7 (W) 7

Dobber Sports Stud

stick w/ Zubov. 2nd place should still give you a bye in the first round of the playoffs which is just as much benefit as finishing 1st would do. since it really doesn\'t matter if you finish 1st or 2nd then why not wait til more info is known on Zubov?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, my fear is that I\'ll freefall right out of contention by having a few bad weeks.
    12 Team H2H

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Who else do you have on your bench? Is there someone else you could drop? I notice that Bouchard doesn\'t get much love in this forum...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My bench changes daily. Take a look at my sig, and see if there is anyone you would recommend. I\'m thinking Ryan Whitney maybe...
    12 Team H2H

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jay1982 wrote:
    Yeah, my fear is that I\'ll freefall right out of contention by having a few bad weeks.
    Sounds like a man who really wants to make a move and needs someone to tell him it\'s okay.

I am with Ian here - hang onto Zubov.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lol, you are absolutely right. My team has been good to me the whole year (except the first 3 weeks). And for some reason I\'m starting to question my players. I\'ll hang onto him.

And thanks for telling it like it is. Karma all around!
    12 Team H2H

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jay - it is easy to read - I live there everyday myself. I would much rather have a team I need to fix over a team I can\'t really fix because it\'s close to cruise control time - just have to hope they perform - bleck.