Thread: Patrick Berglund

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Patrick Berglund

I nabbed this guy fairly early in the draft. Early 2nd round, over TJ Hensick, TJ Oshie, James Sheppard, Brett Sterling, and Grabner.

I figure the guy can be a (lesser)franchise center for the team. Someone who\'ll hit 70 early in his career(like, within 2 or 3 years) and just run with it afterwards.

I\'ve heard Hensick could take a high roster spot in Colorado, but I can\'t help but think that Berglund is the better choice in terms of upside and not immediate production. Oshie could cause some issues, but I think it\'s Berglund\'s job to lose if they go head to head(although I think the Bles org is higher on Oshie).

Thoughts on the kid? Am I wrong about Berglund? Should I be concerned about drafting a player on a team I despise? :P
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Patrick Berglund

I like Berglund. Personally, I think you did good. Everything you read, suggests that he will be a star. I like his upside and he has been compared to Sundin. (not that Sundin excites me at all).

As for your concern of drafting from a team that you despise, I haven\'t been able to draft a Leaf but I am going to try and get over that this year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

#1 rule in Fantasy hockey

NEVER TAKE YOUR FAVORITES!!!

I Love my Maple Leafs... in 3 years in my fantasy Hockey lg I\'ve only had Wellwood on my team...

You get a biased towards these players and over rate thier value...

On the Leafs depending on your pool you might take Sundin, Tucker Kaberle, McCabe, Wellwood or Raycroft... they are value players... but so often you\'ll see Kilger, Bataglia, Steen, Stajan, Coliacovo, White, Pogge as early picks... thy arent bad players but you\'ll over value them...

Peca, Ponikarovsky, Antropov and Kubina are good in deeper pools...

I do my best to remove biased and connections with players I have... (got rid of Torres because he lives beside my Aunty, I refuse to take Madden, Maltby & Draper cause my family is connected with them...) these connections can kill you by over valueing the player...

Use this to your advantage tho... Hold your freinds Favorite player... offer someone a 3rd liner from thier favorite team, if they know a player on a personal level use the carrot infront of them... get what yea can for them... and with certain people its ABOVE actual market value...

:evil:
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Berglund reminds me a lot of Bernie Federko. lockedge, you\'re absolutely right- he\'s smart, defensively aware, and has great playmaking skills. He can come in right away and while he\'ll hit his ceiling fairly fast, it\'ll be consistent 70-80 point production.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have grabbed berglund in as many leagues as I can.

Its not only his upside but that STL really doesn\'t have any alternatives since they have clearly decided to build from the system.

I also like the other swede Soderberg
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey JB - new avatar?

Jason_Banks wrote:

edit: upload didn\'t work, anyone else had problems with this?

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/06/22 00:04
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Stud

You have to ensure that the size of the avatar is no bigger than 60 X 60. I tried loading at 59 X 61. It wouldn\'t take. I reduced it further and it took right away.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

According to Dobber\'s prospect list, Bergy is higher than all those guys you mention, buy atleast 3 pts. This means that Dobber likes him best, even if his upside is not a big as hensick or sheppard and co.

I...am your father.

I love Berglund - he\'ll be great!

I convinced Banks to use the Cliff Claven avatar! It\'s perfect!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi