Thread: Give Halak for Reimer?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Give Halak for Reimer?

hi,

I am in a one year, head-to head league (20 teams, 2 goalie starts, daily) and have been offered Reimer for my Halak. Goalie stats are W, SV%, GAA, SHO.

my goaltenders are Roloson, Halak and Rask, so things have not been going well so far

do you think that reimer would be an improvement over halak?

thank you for your thoughts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a one year I would do it. Halak is getting himself into some serious trouble in STL. Elliot's numbers are now better than Halak's and he's also been named the starter of the next game. Granted, Halak is the one with the bigger contract, but I think in the short term, STL wants to win games. Remember, Elliot ignited a goalie battle with leclaire a few years ago. Looks like he'll do the same here.

Reimer is #1 in TO and if the start of the season is any indication, TO is at least as good of a team as STL this years (probably better).

I'd do it...while the other guy thinks he's being clever.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tough One

Man, this is a good question right here.

Just based on their respective starts to the year I'd go Reimer.

Not like Price last year but Reimer had/has an enormous amount of pressure starting in Toronto this year after his great finish last year. He's done well so far. Halak hasn't. Still though, Halak has shown greatness in the past between Montreal and International play and I'm sure he'll come around eventually but Reimer may prove to be solid all year anyway.

And that is what the guy your trading with is really betting on here, that James Reimer will not have good numbers. Or maybe that this neck injury is worst than it seems. Gut call on this one.

Dobber Sports Stud

I prefer Halak - it is close IMO but I won't believe Reimer is as good as his numbers this year until he plays against a few decent teams. This year he has played the bottom of the barrel while the Monster gets thrown to the wolves (Philly and Boston).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys for your input.

Yeah it's really close and I think one can only tell wether it's a good move in a few months.

I just accepted and will go with Reimer...
    12-team H2H-League (One Year), daily line-up
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), FaceOff Wins (FOW) Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

C: Bergeron, Couture, Johansen
    LW: Zetterberg (C)
    RW: Mi. Granlund (C)
    W: Pacioretty, Kreider
    F: Pavelski, Stepan
    D: Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Provorov, Klefbomb
    G: Rask, Hellebuyck
    BN: Maroon, Foligno, Barrie
    IR: Krejci, Getzlaf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Halak's numbers will be better than Reimer's by January. It's a loooong season