Thread: Drop S. Mason pick up Markstrom?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Drop S. Mason pick up Markstrom?

Which would you rather have?

One year, roto.

G: W, SVs, SV%, GAA

I really need wins... I have Niemi, Hiller, and S. Mason. Also I am tired of him dragging down my SV% and GAA. I only have 22 add drops left for the season (out of 30 total). Definitely want a goalie that's gonna at least give me a shot at 20 wins while putting up respectable GAA and SV%... SVs are a bonus.

Dobber Sports Stud

Limited moves make it a gamble, but as someone who tonight picked up Markstrom in two leagues with unlimited moves, I say yes. Mason isn't doing you any good and for two-plus seasons has shown no signs of returning to his rookie form. If Markstrom steals the starting job sooner than had been expected, you'd be sitting pretty with Niemi/Hiller/Markstrom. Using up a move for a player who could be shipped to the AHL when Theodore and Clemmensen are healthy is a risk, but leagues aren't won without taking a few risks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CommittedToTheIndian View Post
    Limited moves make it a gamble, but as someone who tonight picked up Markstrom in two leagues with unlimited moves, I say yes. Mason isn't doing you any good and for two-plus seasons has shown no signs of returning to his rookie form. If Markstrom steals the starting job sooner than had been expected, you'd be sitting pretty with Niemi/Hiller/Markstrom. Using up a move for a player who could be shipped to the AHL when Theodore and Clemmensen are healthy is a risk, but leagues aren't won without taking a few risks.
    Well said... it certainly is a risk with limited add/drops. It's a risk I would take, though. Markstrom is a potential home run, and those don't come around on the FA wire too often.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by beLEAFing View Post
    Which would you rather have?

One year, roto.

G: W, SVs, SV%, GAA

I really need wins... I have Niemi, Hiller, and S. Mason. Also I am tired of him dragging down my SV% and GAA. I only have 22 add drops left for the season (out of 30 total). Definitely want a goalie that's gonna at least give me a shot at 20 wins while putting up respectable GAA and SV%... SVs are a bonus.
    Absolutely. I expect Markusson to be better than Mason in all of those categories.

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you are going to do the move you better do it quick before someone else nabs him. I think Columbus is going to struggle all year so dropping Mason won't kill you. As stated above this has the potential to be a homerun.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I just might do this...i've been waiting to see what options i have and this might be way better than the Brian Elliot card...I need wins in the goalie category badly in order to keep competing in my league!
    Center: Stamkos / Kopitar / Couture / Granlund / Scheifele / Krejci / Strome

Left: Pacioretty / O'Reilly / Brayden Schenn / Galchenyuk / Evander Kane -IR

Right: Jeff Carter / Saad

Defense: Fowler / Josi / Campbell / Streit / Franson

Goalies: Quick / Andersen / Halak / Jones

Format:
    Points Only - G A PPG GWG SHG / W SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd do this despite the "limited" moves. You aren't EVER going to feel comfortable playing Mason and he will probably burn you when you do. Might as well get someone you feel comfortable with and monitor your moves afterward. Good goaltending is too important to skimp on. You simply cannot have too much of it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I'd do this despite the "limited" moves. You aren't EVER going to feel comfortable playing Mason and he will probably burn you when you do. Might as well get someone you feel comfortable with and monitor your moves afterward. Good goaltending is too important to skimp on. You simply cannot have too much of it.
    Amen^^^. Markstrom is a Great Goalie too and I think tonight he insured he won't be sent down. Grab him if you haven't already, before someone else does..
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Absolutely. I expect Markusson to be better than Mason in all of those categories.
    Who exactly is Markusson? What team doe's he play for? Should I pick him up?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Funny to see this post, I just did this exact move last night. Even in limited games, Markstrom seems like a better option than Mason, who has been terrible and is showing no signs of competency.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Another thing to think about is Dekanich will be healthy within a month and that could take away some playing time from Mason if he continues to struggle
    12-team, Keep 3 (2 years max with inflation) Auction Roto, 14-cat (10 skater, 4 goalie). $400 bank for auction.
    F: Kaprizov, Huberdeau, M Tkachuk, B Tkachuk, Connor, Kadri, Debrincat, Kuznetsov, Batherson, Strome, Barbashev, Granlund, Couture
    D: Hamilton, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Karlsson, Chabot
    G: Markstrom, Jarry, Kahkhonen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I wonder if, to copper your bet, if you have a skater you could drop for Markstrom and wait it out a little longer on Mason at the same time.

I do have Oshie... maybe I'll drop him and wait out Mason a bit longer.