Thread: 10/24/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default 10/24/11 - Studs & Duds

Another fairly slow night as there were only three games on the docket. Without further ado I present...

The Studs...

3) Scotty's got "Hart"nell - Owners have been souring on Hartnell so far this year (*cough* b0ndon *cough*) but he rewarded those who were patient tonight. Scotty posted 2 goals, 1 assist, 2 shots, 3 hits, 1 powerplay point to go along with a +2 rating.

2) Markstrom's a Star! - Markstrom was the first star for the second straight game, backstopping the the Panthers to a 2-1 win against the Canadiens. He stopped 40 of 41 shots for a .976 save percentage.

1) Oh yeah... Moves like Jagr! - Jagr looked like his old self out there again tonight and almost singlehandedly beat the Leafs. He posted a wicked stat line of 2 goals, 1 assist, 6 shots, 1 powerplay point and a +2 rating.

Honorable Mention - Timonen and Giroux both had 2 assists and 1 powerplay point to go along with their +2 rating.

...and the Duds

3) Hab You Seen Yakupov? - The Habs lost yet another, extending their record to an ugly 1-5-2, good for last in the East (and second last in the League).

2) Maybe You Should Consider Being a Gardiner... - Jake Gardiner was for the most part a liability on the ice, which is unfortunate as he's looked great the past few games. He was a team worst -2 (one of only 3 Leafs to post a negative rating).

1) Monster Dud - Can't say I'm surprised, but a goalie named Jonas has made #1 Dud for the second straight night. In the place of an injured Reimer, the Monster allowed 4 goals on 30 shots for a not-so-monstrous save percentage of .867.

Honorable Mention - Mikhail Grabvoski for sidelining Pronger for the next 2-3 weeks, who I very much need in several fantasy leagues. Thanks a lot Grabo.

That's it for tonight! Apologies to all the Leafs fans who will undoubtedly be upset by me listing 2 Leafs as Duds
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; October 24, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Banned

No way, if you actually saw the game, was Gustavsson a dud.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lmao, thanks a lot Scott Hartnell for exploding two days after I call you out. I wonder if he has a dobber account or something. He almost had another assist on an empty netter but the puck was blocked.

Either way, I did hold onto him so HA I was one of the patient ones...just one of the whiny patient ones. That gives me some credibility right? Either way I'm still trying to trade him.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No way, if you actually saw the game, was Gustavsson a dud.
    Didn't see the game, not going to lie. But this is fantasy hockey and the stats are all that matters my friend.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Didn't see the game, not going to lie. But this is fantasy hockey and the stats are all that matters my friend.
    Very true. He had much more control over his rebounds, etc tonight compared to the previous game.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Banned

Well I guess, but he was the only reason the Leaves were in that game.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Great write up Dyz-bot~
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Perhaps for the purposes of Studs and Duds, but as far as the bigger game of fantasy hockey is concerned, that is a far from accurate statement - how well someone played is information of value beyond just the stats line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Perhaps for the purposes of Studs and Duds, but as far as the bigger game of fantasy hockey is concerned, that is a far from accurate statement - how well someone played is information of value beyond just the stats line.
    Sure he might have demonstrated improvement. However, 15 of his past 17 performances have been under .900 and if thats not worthy of a dud I don't know what is.

Dobber Sports Master

Gardiner and Gustavsson both don't deserve to be duds. If any Leaf deserved it, It would be Liles or Komisarek for allowing Jagr in on 3 breakaways.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sure he might have demonstrated improvement. However, 15 of his past 17 performances have been under .900 and if thats not worthy of a dud I don't know what is.
    Yeah, yeah, Dyz, don't get me wrong - dud for last night is cool. Just wasn't buying the argument that stats are all that matters in fantasy hockey.