Thread: 10/23/11 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 10/23/11 Studs & Duds

Another quiet Sunday with Anaheim, as per usual, taking on the Phoenix Coyotes.

Studs

3) This Title Getzlafs

Ryan Getzlaf finally came through for his owners with a typically well rounded fantasy evening. His line of two goals, plus-three, four SOG, two hits, one block, and ten FOW was just what the doctor ordered.

2) I don't think they can Yandle this... WOOOOO!

It was a bootylicious Sunday for Yandle owners who have suffered his mediocre start. His one goal, one assist, plus-one, three SOG night hopefully helped you resist the urge to pull the trigger on that Yandle for Wideman deal your buddy has been pushing.

1) Hanzal... so hot right now... Hanzal

Best fantasy line of the night goes to Coyotes centerman Martin Hanzal for his stellar two goal, plus-one, four PIM, five SOG, nine FOW night. Who said everything is barren in the desert?

Duds

3) Dale Tallon

Not exactly Sunday's new but seriously Tallon? You moved Booth for that? Here's my extended take on the trade.

2) Suckie Duckie

What happened to the once formidable Ducks power play? They were 0-4 tonight winning just two of seven faceoffs with the man advantage. They clearly need to do better as their power play currently sits 26th in the league at a measily 10.3% success rate. Until that comes up there will be more struggles for the Ducks stars.

1) My Name is Jonas

Question: Does Hiller have vertigo again? Cuz he certainly played like it tonight allowing the Coyotes no name brand of offense to score five times on 19 shots, in less than half a game's work. That crushed anyone who played him on Sunday hoping to get a leg up in their goalie categories to close out the week. **** you Jonas!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

On first impression I read your Hanzal title and was like... what the hell? And then I read it again and it triggered! Zoolander! Haha. Hilarious.

Dobber Sports Master

That Hanzal title is the funniest title in the history of Studs and Duds.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Superstar

Great post, metaldude. You made a one-game night entertaining.

(Everybody except the Ducks has the good sense not to go up against both the NFL and the World Series.)

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

On another note, OEL is becoming a serious dman..

Dobber Sports Guru

Love the Weezer allusion too -- great studs and duds.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha awesome job Steve. I literally lol'd when I saw the "I don't think they can Yandle this...WOO" title HAHA.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!