Thread: Who to Keep

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to Keep

Hey everyone, been learning from all you vets for awhile. Love the site. Getting deep into the first season of my 3 year keeper league and I\'m curious for your opinions.

Rules of the League: League runs for 3 years, we keep 7 players from our active roster
    points are: Goal/Assist (1pt), PPP/SHP (1pt),
    PIM (.25pt), +/- (1pt), SOG (.1), W (2pt),SO (4),SV (.05)

I\'m currently in third place with 1264 to first place\'s 1346.
    There are 8 teams in this league. The next couple weeks should determin if I\'m going to push for this season or focus on next year.

I\'m wondering which 7 on my roster you would keep (remember league only has 2 more years). All opinions greatly appreciated...

C: Briere, Gomez, Kopitar
    LW: Ovechkin, Nash, Tanguay, Carcillo
    RW: Radulov, Gionta, Zherdev
    D: Gonchar, Green, Jovanovski, Visnovsky, Spacek, Blake
    G: Kiprusoff, Fleury, Legace, Kolzig
    IR: Sakic, Afinogenov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Keep

Hi Lougheed welcome to activity

I like Briere, Gomez, Ovechkin, Nash, Gonchar and Kipper - bit of a debate for me over Radulov and Green but I think I would stick with Radulov. I don\'t see that you have a lot of trading power to upgrade keepers in this small a league - but any upgrades you can make if you decide you are looking toward next year would be good. Briere, Gomez and Radulov would be guys I might try and upgrade. But go slow - I think each of these guys is going to have a very nice back end of the season.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Who to Keep

IMO... Take Shoeless\' opinion and sub Kopitar for Gomez and you got my exact opinion:laugh: .
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to Keep

Thanks for the responses.

I see things similar to you guys. I\'m thinking my defineite keepers are:
    Ovechkin (LW)
    Kipper (G)
    Gonchar (D)
    Briere (C)
    Radulov (RW)

with my bubble guys being:
    Kopitar (C)
    Nash(LW)
    Gomez(C)
    Green(D)

In my league we also have a small farm team. I get to bring along 3 of 4 from my farm team:
    Backstrom (C)
    E Johnson(D)
    Bernier (G)
    Little (C)

Out of those I see Backstrom and Johnson as clear choices, with my third probably being Bernier. That would add in another C, D and G to my lineup for next season making me think I should pickup Nash and one of Gomez or Kopitar.

So I guess the question there is if LA and Kopitar develop quick enough to out produce Gomez in the next two seasons. I\'m also curious if anyone has thoughts on Green\'s production next season compared to this one.

Once again thanks for any and all input

Lougheed