Thread: 10/20/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default 10/20/11 - Studs & Duds

Stud & Duds
    Thursday 20th Edition

A few changes the Studs & Duds crew and schedule :

With TK officially taking over the Friday night slot, I am happy to confirm that B0ndon will now be the Thursday night representative. The S&D crew are all highly respected members from the forums and each of them brings their different element to the feature. Needless to say, you are in great hands!

As you may have seen in yesterday's ramblings, I will be seen reporting to Fantrax weekly. I plan to use that slot to highlight the weekly Studs & Duds and then some. This means that the only day in which the S&D will not be posted in the forums will be the Wednesday night recap, as it will be released over at Fantrax on Thursdays.

--

Studs

Well equipped

Welcome back Vanek! While only six games in, this Sabre seems to have found his mojo. Surely this 82 goal pace cannot last, but rest assured, he is on a mission to beat his career high of 43 biscuits.

Oh and Miller got the shut out too!

Buzzer-beater heroics

Down 1-0 against the Oilers, Dany Heatley managed to put one behind Khabibulin with only 1.2 seconds to go. Then it was a deja-vu for the two teams, as the game eventually went to a shoot out - the second one between the two Clubs in a seven day span. Like last time, Minnesota took it home.

Great effort by both tenders, each stopping 31 of 32 shots.

F.Y.I.

There was a little scare for Mikko Koivu last night after he was hit in the chin by Heatley's skate blade. Reports say he should be good to go for Saturday's game in Vancouver.

Obviously when I own Koivu, accidents like that happen. Last time he was on my team? An Ohlund slash kept him out 24 games, sigh.

Follow up

Ryan McDonagh scored with .5 seconds left in overtime to give NYR the win over Calgary.

100th in Fashion

Was it Price? Nope, four tries later he is still stuck at 99.

All eyes are on Quick this week, after posting back-to-back shut outs and taking home his 99th and 100th win in the process. Bernier owners take note, Quick is not letting up. Underrated in many drafts, once again, this guy has single-handedly won his owner's head-to-head match ups this week.

Duds

Leavin' on a Jet plane

Two words, poor Jets. Just when they got a peak of sunshine, the Sens had to take it away. Yes, they lost again, but what sells the dud for me was Kyle Wellwood's post game interview: "I think we're going to be desperate this season..."

Thanks for stating the obvious Kyle!

Alright, he did finish the interview by talking about improving fundamentals. You know, such as starting your day with a great cup of Timmie's and six pack of doughnuts...

Yellow Hat

After letting in four goals on 16 shots in the first period in Vancouver, Pekka Rinne was pulled and seen on the bench at the start of the second. That 12.0 GAA sure leaves poolies feeling bitter...

Monster Mess

What a stinker for Toronto's Gustavsson. What I liked about this game was that Tyler Seguin managed to rise up and notch three points as Kessel shot blanks. Boston fans sure loved this match up!

Quick Hits

Brooks Laich took two high sticks to the face, a bloody mess, but marched on. Kudos.

Vancouver PP lights up again after going 0-8 vs. the Rangers.

M.A Bergeron has a team leading eight points.

After scoring seven in Tampa last week, the Panther's have been held pointless in two.

Want to be showcased in the next edition of the Top 100 Roto Guide? Here's how. Taking requests as well.
    Last edited by GMGates; October 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Firstly, never mention heatleys goal ever again

Secondly, I did not need to know vanek was well equipped. TMI dude.

Lastly, congrats on the fantrax gig again!

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Firstly, never mention heatleys goal ever again

Secondly, I did not need to know vanek was well equipped. TMI dude.

Lastly, congrats on the fantrax gig again!
    Haha too funny.

Thanks Garrett!
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Ninja

Woohoo go Gates!

As for last nights games I have a couple thoughts:
    1) LOL @ The Oilers
    2) I hate Jonathan Quick

That will be all. Congrats again!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Merci Brandon!

And at the moment, because I am facing him in one of my leagues, I hate Quick as well.

What a way to ruin a decent 2.02 GAA, .935 SV% week. If I'm going to be beat out by two shut outs, my goalies better be having their worst weeks of the season!
    Gates Imbeau