Thread: Will Steve Mason play B2B this weekend?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Will Steve Mason play B2B this weekend?

Anyone care to guess?

With the injury to Sanford (and Dekanich already on the shelf).... does it make sense that Columbus will just start Mason both games... or do they throw York (shoulder seems better) or Corbeil (in the Juniors) in for an NHL game?

Dobber Sports Padawan

They've apparently called up York, so he may get a start over the weekend.
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I wouldn't think so. They're gonna try anything and anyone to get a win. The better question is, if you owned Steve Mason and couldn't drop him for whatever reason, would you ever play this guy this season? I can't see any conditions in which would make a Mason owner feel comfortable enough to play him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I wouldn't think so. They're gonna try anything and anyone to get a win. The better question is, if you owned Steve Mason and couldn't drop him for whatever reason, would you ever play this guy this season? I can't see any conditions in which would make a Mason owner feel comfortable enough to play him.
    Haha, I've been playing him every night in my 24 team H2H league and its been a gongshow every time lol. I'm just really doing it for the W's and SV's...but since Mason is doing neither I might start benching him.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Mason has current value in leagues where you need a minimum number of starts every week (else you lose ALL your goalie stats). Sometimes, you just need a goalie who plays if you want to keep the shutout from your star tender.