Thread: Andrei Markov for......

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Andrei Markov for......

Hey everyone, first time poster but long time lurker. In my pool goal scoring D are at a premium but I\'m rebuilding and given where others are with their teams I\'m probably 2-3 years from competing.

What do you think about Markov for Toews, Coburn and Kris Russel. I figure that I\'m getting a potential offensive star in Toews and between the two D if one of them pans out I\'ve more than made up for Markov.

thanks,

Dobber Sports Master

If you can get even Toews for Markov you have done well. I highly doubt that someone would part with Toews for Markov.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome fado,

In 2-3 years, I would still prefer A.Markov over Toews, Coburn and Russell. Although Russell might turn out to be pretty good offensively as well, it\'s just that he\'s with the Blue Jackets and will be in tough to play an offensive style as long as Hitch is still in the fold.

Toews offensive upside isn\'t elite, whereas Markov is in the top 10 in defence scoring. Coburn isn\'t bad if you\'re in a roto, but he\'s strictly a fill in.

It\'s far from a bad trade for you, heck it might even work well, it\'s just that on the surface I see you as trading away the best player in the deal at a valuable position.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

How many do you keep from year to year? Are there positional requirements? What are your scoring categories?

On the surface I\'d be hard-pressed to pass up this trade opportunity, but would look at all responses before pulling the trigger.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the replies,

The pool goes as follows:
    12 forwards, g, a, pim, +/- and pp/sh
    6 defense g, a, pim
    2 goalies gaa
    and 9 reserve

Retain as many as you like year after year as long as you don\'t go over the $25 salary cap.

As you can see, forwards add a lot more to the pool than
    d but a good d is really hard to find. Having said that, I currently have, Phaneuf, Weber, Suter, Ranger, Meszaros, Yandle, Krajicek and Mara.

Thanks,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Never mind he\'s pulled out of the deal. Toews and Coburn was no problem but Russell he didn\'t want to part with. I wouldn\'t do it without Russell.

I think Toews\' got the chance to be an elite player but he\'s a prospect and after 11 years in this pool if I had a dime for every elite prospect that didn\'t pan out, although I wouldn\'t be rich I\'d definitly have a lot of dimes. It\'s too difficult to trade a \"for sure\" for \"maybe\".

Thanks for the responses.