Thread: Chara\'s value

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Chara\'s value

I just got Carcillo and Mccabe will be back soon...so, Chara has become expendable. Can anyone think of a right winger that would be equal value or who I might be able to snag. One guy who is short a d has Gaborik, Jagr, Alfy, Naslund, Cole and Lupul (IR). Any of these or another RW I should target? I\'m in first in a H2H and we only keep 4.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Chara\'s value

in a H2H Naslund has a bit of extra value because the Canucks play an extra game or 2 during the H2H playoffs, and it\'s a decent offer to get him.
    i suppose you could try to get Gaborik, Alffy or Jagr but i have some doubts it\'d fly there.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Chara\'s value

See if you can snag JP Dumont or Brad Boyes. Boyes has 29 goals on the year, and now that he has McDonald to center him and Kariya, he should finish the season just as strong as he started. He could turn heads as a possible keeper pick for next year, but if not, he could be a good postseason pick.

Dumont is another good pickup because he is having a good year, even while playing in Nashville. Word is his contract talks arent exactly moving forward, and given how much Nashville lost last year (mostly to the Flyers, but also to free agency), they won\'t let Dumont go for free. If he heads to a Cup contender, expect him to have better linemates and hence, better numbers.

If I had either of these RW\'s and a weak defense, this is a no brainer. Hopefully it helps...
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Torture

Default Chara\'s value

I\'m not convinced that Chara is the guy to deal here.

McCabe coming off a pretty big injury and he wasn\'t exactly having an amazing year before it....not to mention he doesn\'t have a very good team in front of him. (Sorry, I see you\'re probably a leafs fan but you have to look at the facts here)

Chara is having an amazing year, and he\'s probably going to be very close if not better for points, better in +/-, and close in PIM. I think Chara will be a better option for you this year and in the future because I don\'t see the Leafs getting better anytime soon. (Although with only 4 keepers I doubt either makes the cut)

That said, I wouldn\'t be surprised if most people in your league don\'t want McCabe in which case Chara makes sense to trade because he has more value.

From the list of players I would try to get Jagr (Long shot) or Naslund (Because of what Shallow said).

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Chara\'s value

I agree with Torture that McCabe would be a better person to lose than Chara, but Chara would give you the best return. I doubt many people will want to deal the super forwards listed above (like Jagr), but put a feeler out there and see if you can grab one. You never know. If not, I stick by my previous post.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Chara\'s value

thanks, i got arnott for him. I will try to address my RW needs through another trade of one of my forwards. I would have liked to get rid of Mccabe instead but the problem with trading leafs is a)there are no surprises when it comes to the leafs - every little thing on this team is dissected daily in the media and b)every one in my pool is either a Leaf Hater and thus would not touch Mccabe with a fantasy 10 foot pole or they are like myself a member of the leaf nation and know what Mccabe\'s value really is.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Chara\'s value

Bummer about McCabe! I would try to swing Arnott quickly for a RW. He just skated with Getzlaf and Perry in the All-Star game and he isnt a fantasy stud in the long run. I would try to trade him back to someone else while his value is high...that is unless you really like the guy...because he is playing well right now. your call.
    @tlucarelli on twitter