Thread: Lecavalier for E Johnson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Lecavalier for E Johnson

IS this a pretty fair deal or lopsided in anyway, i'm thinking its pretty even.
    Keeper League: 13 teams, Keep 15
    G(25) A(25) PPP(10) SHG(20) GWG(20) +/-(10) PIM(3) SOG(2)
    W(50) GA(-15) SV(2) SO(50)

Forwards(Start 9): Marchand, Kaprizov, W Nylander, Guentzel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Malkin, Bertuzzi, Terry, P Kane, Novak, M Johansson, Backlund, Zucker.

Defensemen(Start 4): Makar, Letang, Josi, Hamilton, Matheson, Valimaki, Hronek

Goalies(Start 2. 4 max per team): Jarry, Sorokin, Kotchetkov, Fleury.

Dobber Sports Ace

I assume you are trying to upgrade Whitney on D, but you're really stacked there already...Vinny is not the player he was, but he did settle back in a bit last season once he played with Gagne/Purcell...I still think 70 is within his reach and EJ is certainly not getting anywhere near that and still has alot to prove fantasy-wise
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd take the deal. I'm really high on EJ and I firmly believe you won't be getting him this cheap after this year. 50 points in well in the cards for EJ this year.

Vinny is a borderline keeper for you anyway. You've got really deep team and could use another D-man so I'd take this deal.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

AS much as I am an EJ fan - I don't think he will produce anywhere close to the value that Lecavalier will for you team this year and likely for several seasons to come. The bonuses for PPG and SOG are the clincher for me. However ....

As Carcillo suggests maybe you could use another D guy and the extra games played at D will compensate for the gap between Vinny and you replacement forward.

Value-wise I do think it's a fair trade - just that in your league I wonder if it translates into production - I really wonder if the extra goaltending you have is worthwhile and perhaps you could dump one and go to the wire for a decent D guy instead.
    Last edited by Shoeless; October 18, 2011 at 6:50 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. Yeah i'm looking for some insurance on the back-end especially with having whitney, green and visnovsky. I think i'll hang on to the goalies, only because 3 of the guys in my league have pretty week goaltending and once they get desperate enough i'll swing a deal thats way in my favour.
    Keeper League: 13 teams, Keep 15
    G(25) A(25) PPP(10) SHG(20) GWG(20) +/-(10) PIM(3) SOG(2)
    W(50) GA(-15) SV(2) SO(50)

Forwards(Start 9): Marchand, Kaprizov, W Nylander, Guentzel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Malkin, Bertuzzi, Terry, P Kane, Novak, M Johansson, Backlund, Zucker.

Defensemen(Start 4): Makar, Letang, Josi, Hamilton, Matheson, Valimaki, Hronek

Goalies(Start 2. 4 max per team): Jarry, Sorokin, Kotchetkov, Fleury.

Dobber Sports Legend

I would make this trade.

You start 10F and without Lecavalier you still have Berglund, E.Kane and Parenteau on the bench to rotate - that's solid options and depth at the F position. You are also rock solid between the pipes.

Where you are strong (yet fragile) is on D...and I agree with Carcillo that right now could be the last time you get E.Johnson for a reasonable price. And I consider Lecavalier a "reasonable price" because I'm not sold on him being a 75+ player anymore to be honest.

For a couple of years now I've expressed that I feel Lecavalier has peaked and is clearly on the downswing...at the same time, I feel E.Johnson is on the upswing (and it could be big).

Right now is the PERFECT time to make a trade like this IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka