Thread: Visnovsky or Burns?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Visnovsky or Burns?

Goal heavy Points ONLY keeper league. I love Visnovsky but he is down and I have been offered Burns straight up for him. Do I jump at Burns or ride Visnovsky as the Kings get better the next couple of years. I am not sold on him losing much time in LA. He is the best offensive dman on that team and that includes JJ, Preissing, and Stuart. I love Burns production adn he does seem to be a goal scoring Dman. Should I pull the trigger?
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would actually stay with Visnovski. He is the bonified PPQB, on a great young team. Burns would be nice aswell but Visnovski will get you more points year after year.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Visnovsky is a offensive stud who has been a proven point producer. Maybe if it was a choice b/w him and a young guy like Mike Green i\'d go with Green, but for a guy like Burns on that defensive minded team, give me Visnovsky. Not to mention that everything changes in Minnesota as soon as Demitra and Gaborik pull each others groins giving handjobs to each other and are forced to miss a few weeks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It\'s always tempting to grab rising talent but I would totally stick with Visnovsky. D age well, and the guy is on a team that loses games 6-8 instead of winning them 2-1 .

I\'ve got him, and I likewise have noticed he could be producing better, but bear in mind that while underperforming he\'s basically on the same pace as Burns.

If goals are heavily weighted like you say and you\'re looking for rising talent, it sounds like Green would be a better trade target than Burns.
    11 team positional (4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G daily) half-keeper. G/A 1pt, W 2pts, SO 3pts

C: Spezza, Savard, Kopitar, Stastny
    LW: Cammalleri, Kariya, O'Sullivan, Prospal, Brunette,
    RW: Justin Williams, Horton, Doan, Backes, Langenbrunner, Hornqvist
    D: Green, Gonchar, Lidstrom, Enstrom, Grebeshkov, Hedman
    G: Brodeur, Steve Mason, Ward

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don\'t know about that move - Vis is producing decently just his +/- is sucking - I really wonder if things don\'t settle down a bit and with Cammers return that he will pick it up again. In a keeper I would not be moving him for Burns. In a 1 tear league I might.

Dobber Sports Wizard

As everyone has stated, I would keep Visnovsky.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Everyone mentioned some key points that I agree with.

1. Minnesota\'s system might hinder his potential.

2. Visnovsky is more proven and I can\'t wait to see how good his stats will be next year when LA becomes a better team.

Stick with Vis.

Dobber Sports Ace

Burns is not in Visnovsky\'s league yet, keep him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks all for confirming my beliefs on the matter. Vis scored 32 goals the last 2 seasons combined and I think is just having a down year plus the KINGS STINK. Burns is talented but he is not in Visnovsky\'s class. I expect Vis to QB that LA power play for a couple more seasons with Preissing as they slowly work JJ into the mix. Blake is just about toast and may even get moved to a contender. Stuart and Modry are just Depth DMen. There really is NO ONE to steal Top Pairing and PP minutes from Visnovsky if he can stay healthy. No +/- in this keeper league and DMen are scored heavier than Forwards so those NINE goals for Burns look nice but Visnovsky shoulg get back to his elite scoring ways at some point this year or next.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider