Thread: Thoughts on Bergeron, Deal or no Deal!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Thoughts on Bergeron, Deal or no Deal!

Looking for a little advice in regards to Bergeron.. I currently own him in my keeper league and have someone acquiring about taking him off my hands.. Willing to take a chance on him being able to return.. What the chances on his injury having an affect on his future performance? He\'s basically gone this season but what is the chance of him living up to his preinjury promise? I\'m assuming he\'s low value now.. What could I honestly expect to get for him..

Dobber Sports Pro

I say no deal. He still has more upside than any player you are likely to get back in return at this juncture. There is a reason people are trying to steal him now.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Guru

What is he offering? I would seriously take a look at any value I could get for him. Any concussion serious enough to keep him out for the entire year while his team is fighting for the playoffs must be uber-bad.

Dobber Sports Pro

Deal him if you can get some value in return. I wasnt a big Bergeron fan before the injury. It is a personal preference thing. The other owner may be willing to deal a player you value more than he does. If that is the case you should pull the trigger. Let him be someone elses problem.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

If you can get value for him, I would do it. Better to have something. I am not sure he will be back.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

ower wrote:
    Looking for a little advice in regards to Bergeron.. I currently own him in my keeper league and have someone acquiring about taking him off my hands.. Willing to take a chance on him being able to return.. What the chances on his injury having an affect on his future performance? He\'s basically gone this season but what is the chance of him living up to his preinjury promise? I\'m assuming he\'s low value now.. What could I honestly expect to get for him..
    I think what you can reasonably expect to get for him is very dependent on the other owner.

I would want to know if this guy has some idea of what he is prepared to offer and go from there. I love doing this dance - \"Gee, I dunno I like Bergeron\'s upside so I would have to see something decent for me to let him go. What do you have in mind?\"

Edit: I am of the mind that this guy has going to struggle to play again let alone set the league on fire.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This concussion is bad - much worse than the ones Lindros suffered from.

However, I rarely trade a player with value this low. I\'d hold until he actually starts skating with the team and then move him.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Wizard

All depends on the players being offered. If he is in buy low mode, pass. Anything above that, seriously consider it.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for all the input guys... i would normally hold on to him until he started skating again as loki mentioned.. but I think I\'m going to let him someone deal with him.

I\'m thinking I can still get at least something while there\'s a possibility of him coming back and picking up where he left off.. of course there\'s the flip side of where he actually will and this will be a steal of a deal for someone :laugh:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you win every trade you make then you aren\'t trading enough.