Thread: Leclaire\'s value?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Leclaire\'s value?

I\'m in a position to compete for this year\'s title in my keeper league, and just need a bump in goaltending to get in the mix. I sent an offer of Brown/J. Johnson for Leclaire. The way our league is set up, I would not likely be keeping Johnson this year and Brown is only a borderline keeper for me (probably would keep him, but he would be my last guy kept). I wouldn\'t keep Leclaire after this season, but know I could get a lot in return for him in the way of draft picks or as a part of a bigger player package.

Thoughts?
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

If this trade gets you the points you need to compete for the trophy, do it. JJ is good, but he is a prospect. He could be an excellent fantasy player next year or he could pull a J-Bo and make you wait 5-6 years.

Brown is good, but if he is your last keeper, I dont really see the harm is upgrading your goalie at his expense.

Seems like a good move with the info provided.

cheers,

AW

oh... just thought I would add this... LeClaire is the real deal. He the clear starter in CLB and will only get better from here. IMO LeClaire is excellent value.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

As you present it - I am in full support of AW\'s analysis - Leclaire is proving to be the guy imagined when he was drafted. Seems like a good move to me. You must be well set if Leclaire would not be a keeper.

Dobber Sports Novice

I\'ll add to this a bit. Hitchcock gets the knock that he runs himself out of favor with his players, but he isn\'t going anywhere for the next few years (unless he decides he wants to leave). And Leclaire is obviously going to benefit from Hitchcock\'s emphasis on team D. The Jackets are playing great D right now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If I understand this - you are sacrificing little to no keeper value and are providing yourself a chance at the cup.

Go for it.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray