Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hemsky

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    any updates guys? ... i need to make a decision on Hemsky he lack of IR status on ESPN is hurting me, my roster is full because he is taking a spot up. Some decent plays on the wire that are making me think about dropping him; Stepan, Ruutu, Okposo, Ott, Burmistrov, Pacioretty, C. Smith, M. Read, Cullen, Langkow,

Hesitant because he definitely has the highest upside of that group but there hasnt been any new developments re his shoulder that I have been able to find.

1 yr league points breakdown is G=2, A=1, PPG=3, PPA=2, SHG=3, SHA=2

any updates or thoughts would be appreciated
    If you counted pims- Ott/Ruutu would be great options. Read has been good for ppp but is unproven. If you have to drop him Im looking at Ott/Ruutu I guess. Im in the same boat and am holding him over those guys for the record. Sounds like a couple weeks- and he was on fire before that when he played with RNH/Hall...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    If you counted pims- Ott/Ruutu would be great options. Read has been good for ppp but is unproven. If you have to drop him Im looking at Ott/Ruutu I guess. Im in the same boat and am holding him over those guys for the record. Sounds like a couple weeks- and he was on fire before that when he played with RNH/Hall...

The 26th of October will make it two weeks, hope to hear something on him soon. If it's that DTD BS, then it's time to old yeller him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yahoo info said he's starting to skate

Dobber Sports Ace

Oilers' Hemsky Not Progressing As Hoped: Oilers head coach Tom Renney doesn't expect Ales Hemsky to rejoin his teammates for practice this week, Dan Tencer of CHED in Edmonton reports.
    (Updated 10/25/2011)
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/players...13/ales-hemsky

In other words, he`ll be skating and practicing with the team next week, and be back by mid-November. Best case scenario.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hemsky your shoulders are f*@&ed! I heard this recent injury was from simply sweeping the puck one handed.

Take the rest of the season off and get yourself HEALED!

Don't come back unless you feel absolutely fabulous.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/players...13/ales-hemsky

In other words, he`ll be skating and practicing with the team next week, and be back by mid-November. Best case scenario.
    FML- just moved Booth for him...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm about as close as I've been to dropping his ass....Drafted him 9th and still holding onto a sliver of hope, but each day its getting harder and harder to look at his "DTD" status in Yahoo and not wonder what I could be doing with the slot.......

Starting to believe his shoulder is going to be completely F-ed from here on out

Yahoo 12-man, H2H weekly, single yr, no keepers, 3-gm goalie min, 4 waivers/wk
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%

C: Getzlaf, Brassard, Gordon
    LW: Couture (C), Nash (RW), Cammalleri (C), Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Wheeler, Burns (D)
    D: Pietrangelo, Giordano, Gudas, Beauchemin
    G: Varlamov, Mason

IR slot: Letang

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mbudz4 View Post
    I'm about as close as I've been to dropping his ass....Drafted him 9th and still holding onto a sliver of hope, but each day its getting harder and harder to look at his "DTD" status in Yahoo and not wonder what I could be doing with the slot.......

Starting to believe his shoulder is going to be completely F-ed from here on out
    Just drop him. I got rid of him two days after the injury occured because I knew this wasn't gonna be good. You can't have a guy injure body parts that he's already had major surgery on and expect him to all of a sudden be able to deal with the pain or heal quickly. I'd just save myself the aggrivation if I were you because this is going to be a constant theme with him this year when he actually does play.

Dobber Sports Stud

So we're all to just drop him just like that... even if he only plays 25 games, he's good for 25 points which is not bad in roto leagues..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    So we're all to just drop him just like that... even if he only plays 25 games, he's good for 25 points which is not bad in roto leagues..
    You're assuming that he'd come back and be in game shape to start. He'd have to shake off rust no matter what, which I think hurts his production no matter how many games he ends up playing. Why would anyone want to deal with that for a very limited payoff in games played?

Dobber Sports Stud

Drop Hemsky for any of these??? Bourque, Simmonds, Hudler, Downie, Boyes, Alfredsson, Jones, Fleischmann, D'Agostini, Knuble, Frolik, Hornqvist, Okposo, Hanzal, Park... HIT/BLK roto league.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Drop Hemsky for any of these??? Bourque, Simmonds, Hudler, Downie, Boyes, Alfredsson, Jones, Fleischmann, D'Agostini, Knuble, Frolik, Hornqvist, Okposo, Hanzal, Park... HIT/BLK roto league.
    Bourques intriguing- especially as a hot topic on the trade block. Okposos got upside in his favour. I dont know Im biased as a Hemsky fan. Hes essentially a ppg player with a lot of ppp when healthy which is pretty solid.

Id probably hold but like I said Boutrque is intriguing if he is being shopped...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Bourques intriguing- especially as a hot topic on the trade block. Okposos got upside in his favour. I dont know Im biased as a Hemsky fan. Hes essentially a ppg player with a lot of ppp when healthy which is pretty solid.

Id probably hold but like I said Boutrque is intriguing if he is being shopped...
    Bourque's streaky as hell.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The lack of information coming out of EDM is frustrating and concerning. Add to that Hemsky not being IR'd and EDM playing so many games in the last week... fawk!!!!
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Keeper (3 players/3 year max)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm planning (hoping) that when Carter gets off IR next week (Wed maybe?)...I'll swap for Hemsky (if he gets IR'd). If he's not by then...peace! And thanks for all the frustration

Yahoo 12-man, H2H weekly, single yr, no keepers, 3-gm goalie min, 4 waivers/wk
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%

C: Getzlaf, Brassard, Gordon
    LW: Couture (C), Nash (RW), Cammalleri (C), Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Wheeler, Burns (D)
    D: Pietrangelo, Giordano, Gudas, Beauchemin
    G: Varlamov, Mason

IR slot: Letang