Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hemsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Emu

Hemsky is a very skilled player and he does have character, and like you said, is a skilled player who is willing to take the hit to make the play. No doubt about it...but, man, the kid needs to stay semi-healthy! I'm a big Hemsky fan and have owned him for 6 years now, but it could be time to bail on him after this season.
    Six years... wow... if only fantasy points were awarded for patience hah.

Dobber Sports Ace

does anyone know yet if this injury is serious or was it more of a precaution given his shoulder history?
    Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Kesler(IR), RNH
    Wheeler, Franzen, Gagner
    Parise, Benn, Tanguay, Cammalleri
    Pieterangelo, Enstrom(IR),
    Howard, Hiller, Kipper(IR)

12 team H2H, positional requirements, G, A, PPP, PIM, Plus/Minus, GWG, SO, Wins, GAA and Save%.
    1 Year League

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by oasiswings1 View Post
    does anyone know yet if this injury is serious or was it more of a precaution given his shoulder history?
    I doubt it's precautionary. Bylsma said that Malkin was precautionary due to "bumps & bruises" (raise your hand if you were crazy enough to believe that nonsense) and now we find out it was scar tissue that was causing him much discomfort. My guess is that Hemsky is hurt, but they don't know the extent yet, so they won't IR him any time soon.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    but it could be time to bail on him after this season.
    Next year is the year he stays healthy....right?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I doubt it's precautionary. Bylsma said that Malkin was precautionary due to "bumps & bruises" (raise your hand if you were crazy enough to believe that nonsense) and now we find out it was scar tissue that was causing him much discomfort. My guess is that Hemsky is hurt, but they don't know the extent yet, so they won't IR him any time soon.
    I'm only mentioning this because i've seen your numerous anti-malkin posts; Malkin only missed a game and half and came back to score two points. Hemsky and Malkin are not the same thing.
    I think there's a valid point in there somewhere; but Malkin and Hemsky are apples and oranges.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Ace

Hemsky will undergo an MRI this afternoon

http://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Oilers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What do we think, guys? A sprained shoulder? Torn Labrum? I still haven't seen what happened to him, so i'm curious to hear what people who actually saw what happened think.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    I'm only mentioning this because i've seen your numerous anti-malkin posts; Malkin only missed a game and half and came back to score two points. Hemsky and Malkin are not the same thing.
    I think there's a valid point in there somewhere; but Malkin and Hemsky are apples and oranges.
    I wasn't really comparing the two either. My main point was that I don't care what the coaches say when trying to downplay injuries to people who are coming back from serious issues. Especially when it's to the same body part. I knew Malkin wasn't missing those games because he took a shot off the foot. That excuse was just too convenient.

Anywhoo, I am always going to assume the worst with Hemsky. I just wanna hear something quickly so I can rid myself of him while the FA list is still fruitful.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Who would you replace Hemsky with?

Any updates?

Whom would you recommend as a replacement?
    Prospal
    Gagne
    Alfredson
    Hudler
    Brassard
    Ennis
    Elias
    Fleishmann

I have a feeling I don't want to deal with Hemsky for a full year...

Thanks for any advice
    DrFJB

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    What do we think, guys? A sprained shoulder? Torn Labrum? I still haven't seen what happened to him, so i'm curious to hear what people who actually saw what happened think.
    I'm not sure that anything happened to him. I think he pulled himself out of the game cause his shoulder didn't feel right. It's the same shoulder (torn labrum) that was operated on last March. 6 months is the standard recovery time for that type of a procedure.

Best case scenario, he sits out a few games to rest it, and comes back and hopefully stays healthy.

Worst case scenario is more complications, and games missed.

Dobber Sports Ace

some stuff from the oilers site..

Hemsky will have an MRI on his sore right shoulder later today and will be re-assessed tomorrow. The Oilers bench boss did not rule him out for tomorrows game vs. Vancouver.

"We'll have a better idea [tomorrow] morning," Renney explained. "It's good that we can do this as quickly as we can to help ease everybody's mind quick."

Hemsky played only 5:28 last night before leaving late in the opening period. While the veteran has struggled with crippling hits in the past, his latest ailment came under an unusual circumstance “ a simple dump-in, even.

"I didn't get a chance to talk with him at all through the course of the game," Renney said. "I knew that he was out at a point in time, and in talking to him later it had settled down. He had a good night and it had settled down even more.

"I think it was a sweeping motion with the puck; making a pass or making a play."
    Last edited by PatyOFurniture; October 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM.
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'll hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

If he's out for an extended period, or goes on long term IR...I think Hemsky should grow some balls and write a personal letter of apology to every guy on this thread.

hate hate hate!!

Yahoo 12-man, H2H weekly, single yr, no keepers, 3-gm goalie min, 4 waivers/wk
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%

C: Getzlaf, Brassard, Gordon
    LW: Couture (C), Nash (RW), Cammalleri (C), Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Wheeler, Burns (D)
    D: Pietrangelo, Giordano, Gudas, Beauchemin
    G: Varlamov, Mason

IR slot: Letang

Dobber Sports Padawan

Out for tonight?
    http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2011/10/15/91735/
    "Until Ales Hemsky meets with the Edmonton Oilers doctors tonight, mum’s the word on his shoulder injury.

Hemsky ran into Sportsnet cameraman Cory Blashill after the morning skate, and said that he was fine, and Oilers coach Tom Renney indicated he wasn’t overly concerned, so may be it is just a formality to hold off until the winger has met with the medical staff.
    But the fact remains there will be no official word on the results of his MRI until after Oilers play the Vancouver Canucks.
    “I’m comfortable with what I’ve been told,” said Renney."

What shoddy reporting. Is he playing or not? The reader is left to infer that he isn't playing tonight as the results of his MRI won't be made public until after the game. But that's not necessarily proof of anything.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Keeper (3 players/3 year max)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Shoulder tweak... could be out for 3-4 weeks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

From Yahoo Sports...

RW Ales Hemsky will be out of the lineup for about two weeks while he waits for his sprained shoulder to heal up. He pulled himself out of the second game of the season when it began to hurt, a rather disturbing development given that he just had surgery on it last year and he'd only been back for four periods before it started to bother him. But he was in good spirits Saturday morning and says the labrum that was repaired last March is fine.