Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Blockbuster which side?

Tavares Nash Doughty

or

Kopitar B.Ryan E.Karlsson

Cats in sign.
    Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

i think this trade will come down to personal preferance. to close to call.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man that is a TOUGH one...

But I like the Kopitar side by a hair... I think Kopi is the best player in that group (although Tavares will be very close), but the clincher for me is Ryan who is miles ahead of Nash (who in my opinion is the most overrated fantasy player in the league).

Very tough call...
    Last edited by blayze; October 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Man that is a TOUGH one...

But I like the Kopitar side by a hair... I think Kopi is the best player in that group (although Tavares will be very close), but the clincher for me is Ryan who is miles ahead of Nash (who in my opinion is the most overrated fantasy player in the league).

Very tough call...
    Agree I take the Ryan side by a hair.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah this is damn close - personally I would take the Kopi/Ryan/EK side.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    i think this trade will come down to personal preferance. to close to call.
    Indeed.

B.Ryan and Karlsson are two of my favorite players on the planet we call earth, so I'll go with them.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

...but the clincher for me is Ryan who is miles ahead of Nash (who in my opinion is the most overrated fantasy player in the league)...
    Would you care to elaborate on this statement? Ryan miles ahead of Nash? The way I see it, Nash is the only one who has surpassed the 40g plateau...the entire offense flows through him (rather than Ryan who has Getz/Perry ahead of him)...I think these two are pretty much as even as you can have when it comes to fantasy relevance/upside.

I personally agree that this is just too close to call and it comes down to personal preference. I happen to prefer the Tavares side and to me the deciding factor is DD>Karlsson. Both are good but I prefer DD in your format as I feel he'll be a better contributor this year and for the forseeable future.

I also like Tavares over Kopitar in a keeper league. This is by the slightest of margins as I think Kopitar is better right now but I feel as though Tavares is going to make the jump into superstardom within two years and at worst he's very comparable to what Kopitar is today.

As I mentioned earlier I feel Nash and Ryan are pretty much a straight mirror image of each other...one can argue the slight edge goes to Ryan due to him being younger...tomatoes...tomaatoes...
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks everyone. As shown in my sign I took the trade and ended up with the Kopitar side. I think it will be stronger, at least this year.

Man it´s tough making these kind of deals.

Dobber Sports Legend

but the clincher for me is Ryan who is miles ahead of Nash
    This is crazy talk. Let's not toss the baby out with the dish water here.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on this statement? Ryan miles ahead of Nash? The way I see it, Nash is the only one who has surpassed the 40g plateau...the entire offense flows through him (rather than Ryan who has Getz/Perry ahead of him)...I think these two are pretty much as even as you can have when it comes to fantasy relevance/upside.

I personally agree that this is just too close to call and it comes down to personal preference. I happen to prefer the Tavares side and to me the deciding factor is DD>Karlsson. Both are good but I prefer DD in your format as I feel he'll be a better contributor this year and for the forseeable future.

I also like Tavares over Kopitar in a keeper league. This is by the slightest of margins as I think Kopitar is better right now but I feel as though Tavares is going to make the jump into superstardom within two years and at worst he's very comparable to what Kopitar is today.

As I mentioned earlier I feel Nash and Ryan are pretty much a straight mirror image of each other...one can argue the slight edge goes to Ryan due to him being younger...tomatoes...tomaatoes...
    I would have to strongly disagree with you here.

Let's do a quick comparison:

Ryan - 24 years old
    point totals: 57, 64, 71 (notice the UPWARD trajectory)

Nash - 27 years old
    point totals: 39, 57, 54, 57, 69, 79, 67, 66 (notice the Steady/Downward trajectory)

Factor in on top of that:
    -Ryan gets more PIMS
    -Ryan has better +/-
    -Ryan had very limited ice-time in his first 2 seasons because of the ducks depth so he didn't really have a chance to shine
    -Ryan plays on the top line in the whole league
    -Ryan is a LW which is a more shallow position

Not even CLOSE.

The truth of the matter is Nash is one of those guys who plays the right way, brings energy, is exciting to watch... but let's be honest... he is a perennial 60-70 point guy. He has only cracked 70 points ONCE in 9 seasons... I'm always astounded at how people draft him in the 2nd-3rd round like as if they're expecting a monster 90point break out year or something.