Thread: Help With trade Offer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help With trade Offer

Hey guys,
    Someone offered me Cam Ward and P.A Parenteau for Bobby Ryan and Tukka Rask. Would You accept the Offer? Why or Why not.
    Thanks

This is my team,

steven stamkos-C
    jeff carter-RW
    Bobby ryan-LW
    james neal-LW
    david backes-RW
    milan hejduk-F
    john tavares-F
    matt duchene-C
    mike green-D
    shea weber-D
    duncan keith-D
    erik karlsson-D
    paul stastny-Utility
    ryan whitney-BN
    stephen weiss-BN
    joni pitkanen-BN
    kari lehtonen-G
    Tuukka Rask-G

It is a yahoo 10 team league. H2H settings. Daily starts. the scoring is based on G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHG, GWG, SOG, HIT, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

I would personally not even consider this trade. Ryan is a monster and Rask should continue to get 35+ starts and will eventual take over the rains in Boston and become a top 5 goalie in the NHL.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Super Moderator

I'm going to assume this is a keeper league, though it's not mentioned. You absolutely should not do this deal and it's not even close.

Rask won't get Ward's amount of starts but he'll post much better #'s. Plus, in a year or two he'll be a one of the top goalies in the league and he's just way better than Ward.

As for Ryan for Parenteau - I hope I don't have to tell you the difference between the two. Star player vs. filler.

Not even close . . . in a keeper. I still wouldn't do it in a 1 year, either, fwiw.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I'm going to assume this is a keeper league, though it's not mentioned. You absolutely should not do this deal and it's not even close.

Rask won't get Ward's amount of starts but he'll post much better #'s. Plus, in a year or two he'll be a one of the top goalies in the league and he's just way better than Ward.

As for Ryan for Parenteau - I hope I don't have to tell you the difference between the two. Star player vs. filler.

Not even close . . . in a keeper. I still wouldn't do it in a 1 year, either, fwiw.
    Great minds think a like
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don't accept the deal. A lot of Ward's value comes from saves which your league doesn't count as a category. Your goaltending could perhaps use some help but not at this cost.

If you really wanna package Ryan and Rask in a goaltending deal you should target either Price or Lundqvist, nothing short of that.