Thread: Trying to aquire Vanek and Iginla

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trying to aquire Vanek and Iginla

I want to put an offer together for these 2 guys in the pts only league in my sig.

I won last year and want to repeat and set myself up to do so for a couple more years at least. My D is stacked and I want to load up the forward corp a bit more.

I just really don't know what would be a fair offer.

Iginla is a bit older than the rest of his team so I would think could be had. I know that Vanek is off to a hot start so not necessarily the best time to trade for him, but I think he can keep it up this year.

Was thinking of using players like: Plekanec, Dubinsky, Liles, Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo (or maybe try and cash in on Yandle?)

Top Prospects not listed below include: Kuznetsov, J.Faulk, Tedenby, J.Schwartz

Any thoughts?

Don't want to offend by going in too low.

Thanks,
    C
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Sage

Your right your D is SICK. You can definitely afford to move a couple. How is the other team set on goalies. I think Yandle , Halek and Faulk might be a good starting point and you could move Shattenkirk up to your roster to cover Yandle's spot. Don't think that will get it done, but Faulk's value is pretty high right now and always a good idea to not send your final offer first. This offer only works if he needs a goalie though....
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Goalies are a pretty low value and he's pretty set with Bryz and Fleury. Thanks though. Good start point to get me thinking.
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Ace

how did you get that team? wow.

I'm not sure why you'd want to give up anyone of real value at this point for either of those guys. I love Iggy; but with your team, you certainly don't need him. However, if you're going for him, just to get him, try Dubinsky and include Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk if need be. Same could be said for Vanek, although i'd rather have Dubby than Vanek.

And if that doesn't work, your d is crazy deep, so you'll find something to work with there.
    Does anyone compete with you in your league?
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Its an 8 team league so most teams are in pretty good shape and competitive most of the way. I am looking to increase the talent at the bottom of my lineup (currently Setoguchi). I know its early, I just want to get on top as soon as possible.

Regarding my D; defense seems to be under valued in the league. Not sure why that's the case. The only one I haven't drafted is Campbell.

Saanichton Cougars