Thread: Brett Connolly or Vladimir Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Brett Connolly or Vladimir Tarasenko

Who would you rather have in a keeper/dynasty league?

Brett Connolly or Vladimir Tarasenko

Simple as that. I'm working on a trade, and have the option for either one.

For this year's purposes, will Connolly stick with Tampa Bay past 9 games?
    For the future, who will blossom into the better player?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sage

IMO Vladimir Tarasenko has a slightly bigger upside then Connolly. Connolly is the much safer choice. There is also the KHL aspect to consider and yes I think Connolly will stick this year. So if I had the choice I would go with Brett, unless I was going for the homerun.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How is Connolly the safer choice with his injury history this early in his career?

Tarasenko is actually the best bet to actually reach his upside, so he's both the safer choice AND the homerun pick. Again, him being a Russian is irrelevant. The best Russians cross the pond and Radulov situations are not happening again because of the NHL/KHL agreement. The KHL boogeyman argument is soooooooooooooooooooo tiresome.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

For the simple fact that Tarasenko may never decide to come over and play in the NHL.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How many of the best Russians have ever elected to NOT come over and play in the NHL? Complete non-argument.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

If it was a none issue Tarasenko would not have drooped to 16th in the draft (Connoly 6th in same draft, despite injury). I don't think the difference in there talent warrants even the minimal risk of Tarasenko deciding he wants to stay.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That was when they were drafted. Fast forward one year and Tarasenko and Johansen were widely considered to be the two best prospects from the 2010 draft apart from Hall and Seguin. Connolly isn't even close to that discussion at this point.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

I guess will have to agree to disagree. Tarasenko is not even the highest ranked Russian prospect from that draft anymore (Kuznetsov) and Connolly's stock is on the rise again.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I guess will have to agree to disagree. Tarasenko is not even the highest ranked Russian prospect from that draft anymore (Kuznetsov) and Connolly's stock is on the rise again.
    That kind of depends on who you ask or what site you check out. Some do have Kuznetsov ranked higher, but in general from what I've gathered Tarasenko still seems to be ahead most places.

And sure Tarasenko has the KHL risk, even though he's all but guaranteed to come over next season. Connolly has a legitimate injury risk with his hip.....hockey players use their hip joints fairly often when they skate, so having an injury to the hip flexor is serious business.

Tarasenko is my choice as he is actually the safer option imo.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar