Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Malkin?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post
    Just to get us back on topic for a moment, CBS Sports has reported the following...

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik will make his season debut on Thursday night against Montreal.

The 31-year-old Orpik is coming off abdominal surgery in July after the injury limited his effectiveness in the team's first-round playoff loss to Tampa Bay. Orpik had one goal and 12 assists in 63 games last year with a plus-12 ratio.

Pittsburgh star Sidney Crosby remains sidelined as he continues to come back from concussion-like symptoms. Crosby has been cleared for contact. He said Thursday morning he feels good but hasn't really been hit hard in workouts because of the team's limited practice time.

The Penguins will also be without center Evgeni Malkin, who will miss his fourth straight game with knee issues. Tyler Kennedy (concussion) is out indefinitely.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/1...l-out-for-pens
    check one page back in this thread ..... but thanks anyways!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    check one page back in this thread ..... but thanks anyways!
    Ah, I must have just started catching up on this discussion at a few posts proceeding that one.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Malkin's out again??!!?? No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

Ffuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk you, malkin! I'm done! I can't believe i fell for this loser's upside 3 years in a row! I cannot deal with, nor can i deal this bum! And to think, i thought he was going to be the healthier of the two pens' superstars when i drafted him years ago. Now, in each subsequent draft im like "alright, i bought low on malkin. Awesome!" and every year he's left me wanting to beat the hell out of him! I'm tired of this guy! He got his money and now he has no interest in playing a full season anymore. If not for that game played "in memory" of the russian team that died (which wasn't heroic for him to play in, it was fueled by his own self-interest), he would not have played in 12 days! Exactly what kind of rehab work was he doing in russia over the summer anyway?!!? We're all the doctors in russia locked out like the nfl and unable to work with malkin? What the hell did he do to get ready for the season? A light walk around magnitogorsk?? Ridiculous! I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Malkin worked his ass off in the summer. They even posted training videos online.

It's ridiculous to call him out for having a sore knee. Has nothing to do with how he rehabs it. SHIT happens.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This ****in' guy, man.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Malkin worked his ass off in the summer. They even posted training videos online.
    What? Those videos of him stickhandling a ball in a parking lot and swimming? That's rehab??!! I don't think so. Give me a break with that!

It's ridiculous to call him out for having a sore knee. Has nothing to do with how he rehabs it. SHIT happens.
    Actually, it has EVERYTHING to do with how he rehabbed it & not at all ridiculous to call him out on it. I would bet anything he cut corners and took it easy after a while, which is why this thing hasn't healed by now. Remember, he's still a young guy in peak physical condition and should be able to push himself. A couple of Richard Simmons' type workout videos aren't gonna change my mind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    What? Those videos of him stickhandling a ball in a parking lot and swimming? That's rehab??!! I don't think so. Give me a break with that!

Actually, it has EVERYTHING to do with how he rehabbed it & not at all ridiculous to call him out on it. I would bet anything he cut corners and took it easy after a while, which is why this thing hasn't healed by now. Remember, he's still a young guy in peak physical condition and should be able to push himself. A couple of Richard Simmons' type workout videos aren't gonna change my mind.
    Until you've had a knee injury like that (I haven't) then your comments are baseless and meaningless. Again, questioning a guy's workout regimen and work ethic when it comes to a Torn ACL/MCL is ridiculous.

I guess Andrei Makrov didn't train hard either. I guess Bobby Orr was such a lazy scumbag who never rehabbed properly. Yeah, you get my point.

Do you think guys honestly WANT to keep getting injured and not play in every single game? Sorry but you're way out of line here.

It's like you think him getting injured is all his fault. Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't understand all the bashing of Malkin. He had a major knee surgery and now he's feeling the effects of it. Why is he a **** guy because of that? You took the risk with him and now you're not being rewarded. How is that Malkin's fault?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm pissed... but at myself, not Malkin. I'm in a keeper league and took him third overall, above guys like the Sedins and even Crosby. After the summer training sessions and the preseason, I thought the only risk involved with him this year was whether he'd reach 85 or 100 points. Oh well. I made the choice and I have to live by it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jrockish View Post
    I'm pissed... but at myself, not Malkin. I'm in a keeper league and took him third overall, above guys like the Sedins and even Crosby. After the summer training sessions and the preseason, I thought the only risk involved with him this year was whether he'd reach 85 or 100 points. Oh well. I made the choice and I have to live by it.
    You're in a keeper league. Relax. Malkin will likely be fine long-term.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Until you've had a knee injury like that (I haven't) then your comments are baseless and meaningless. Again, questioning a guy's workout regimen and work ethic when it comes to a Torn ACL/MCL is ridiculous.
    I may not have ever had that type of injury (which is really the only knock you have against me) , but I have worked with people in my profession who have(so I do know about this stuff), and they have all dealt with less drawbacks than this guy with a much more primative rehab schedule.

I guess Andrei Makrov didn't train hard either. I guess Bobby Orr was such a lazy scumbag who never rehabbed properly. Yeah, you get my point.
    Apples & oranges. Markov is much older and Orr didn't have the opportunity to deal with today's modern rehab techniques.

Do you think guys honestly WANT to keep getting injured and not play in every single game? Sorry but you're way out of line here.

It's like you think him getting injured is all his fault. Wow, just wow.
    I'm not saying that he wants to get injured, and, I don't know why you would say that when I never even remotely implied that? That's you having you own conversation in your own head guessing what I would say.

Im not saying it's his fault that he got hurt either. However, I am saying that with the advancements in medicine & rehab + his age and supposed phsyical superiority to average people, rehab should not have had a setback this far in the process. Especially if he was working out "that hard" in Russia over the summer.

The Great One

I really hope he can bounce back...
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; October 20, 2011 at 3:14 PM.

The Great One

When healthy Geno is Obsceno (production wise).
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; October 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM.

The Great One

He is to scoring goals, what El Cupacabra is to goat sucking...
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; October 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Malkin: The Maestro of Magnitogorsk.
    Last edited by NYR9394; October 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM.