Thread: Nabokov/Bernier/Schneider/Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nabokov/Bernier/Schneider/Dubnyk

Which 2 would you want Wins, Saves, Save Percentage, Shutouts!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd go with Bernier & Schneider. They won't get as many starts, but they'll put up the numbers.
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i do like dubnyks numbers last year, and he will get more starts and saves then the other two, just not sure which one to drop of bernier or schneider.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Since 3 of 4 of the stats you mention depend on being on the ice I'd take the two who will play the most and in my eyes that's Nabby and Dubnyk who could both be in 60/40 or 50/50 splits in no time.

Dobber Sports Novice

Dubnyk should be a keeper since he's the safest out of the four. He's the one who will be the most likely to have the most starts this year, thus greater output potential.

The idea of keeping Nabokov may depend on your propensity for risk on your team as I feel his value is tied to 1) a trade, 2) a trade to a team that wins, 3) a trade to a team that wins where he can become at least a timeshare net minder.

I share your sentiment that the final spot should be between Bernier and Schneider, and I'm leaning towards Schneider with the optimistic idea that he'll most likely be traded by the deadline. With this in mind, he may get traded into an opportunity to elevate from a dependable #2 to a #1 spot that he has the skill and potential to claim, benefitting a playoff run at the end of the season for your team where he'll suddenly be putting out numbers as a starter.

League: 10 Team H2H (2nd year)
    Team: 8 F, 4 D, 1 U, 2 G, 8 BN, 2 IR (5 Goalies max)
    Categories: G(5), A(3), +/-(.5), PIM(.5), PPP(1), SHP(3), DEF (1), SOG(.5), GWG(2), HIT(.5), BLK(.5), W(5), SV(.3), SHO(5)

F: E. Malkin, Z. Parise, I. Kovalchuk, J. Toews, B. Ryan, E. Staal, A. Semin, M. Havlat, R. Callahan, R. Bourque, M. Moulson, S. Ott, M. Read
    D: S. Weber, D. Boyle, P.K. Subban, D. Seidenberg, E. Karlsson, J. Pitkanen
    G: M. Fleury, R. Luongo, T. Vokoun, J. Halak

IR: T. Hall