Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Challenge MT's theory?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I'll sign up later today - whatever, I can just set up a queue if I can't make it, and that'll be a good excuse if I lose
    Lemme guess, Marcus Foligno first on your list?

Folks, get ready to see dyz on Gates' Monday issue of studs and duds. #1 dud baby

Zing
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Next thing your gonna do is tell me Facebook and actual reality are one in the same. You're an animal bro (might not be a "Lion" j/k, but you are simply a species of mammal this what you are) you were meant to live in reality and that's what's gonna make or break your quality of life in the end and be the most fulfilling/enriching for you on an individual level as well as where you're ultimately gonna have to exist when you wake up in the morning, not pseudo-fictional internet land, so might as well invest as much time as possible focusing on the shit that actually matters instead of the stuff that doesn't. I know this is hard for people to grasp though, especially given the setting.
    where did this come from?

and you do realize you have close to 4k posts in less than a year? Hard to achieve that without spending a lot of time in pseudo-fictional internet land.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Lemme guess, Marcus Foligno first on your list?

Folks, get ready to see dyz on Gates' Monday issue of studs and duds. #1 dud baby

Zing
    Foligno and Kassian tandem. haha

Signed up and gave my feedback for scoring cats..

Also, draft time earlier in the day would be better for me, but I can make it work...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Signed up and gave my feedback for scoring cats..

Also, draft time earlier in the day would be better for me, but I can make it work...
    I'm pretty open to whatever regarding categories and roster numbers. Would prefer it if it was daily starts rather than weekly starts though.

So dyz, what's the word on our two man keeper league? Get on that man.

Dobber Sports Initiate

FYI

Picking crazy = skostoff

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I'm pretty open to whatever regarding categories and roster numbers. Would prefer it if it was daily starts rather than weekly starts though.

So dyz, what's the word on our two man keeper league? Get on that man.
    I thought you were starting it. I've been waiting for the e-vite.

Dobber Sports Expert

ok, we can talk all we want about how great tandems are. How are tandems attained? Seriously, they rarely get drafted in a normal situation. Most people don't get both Sedins, Kovalchuk and Parise, Stamkos and St Louis. In most leagues, these are attained by hard work and shrewd trading and planning. In the pseudo internet land fantasy hockey league created for "Elite Tandems", there were so many rules and regulations and requirements in which to create the ultimate tandem environment that it is built for success and not reality.

DRAFT where you are placed randomly. Pick players you can get, trade for players you want. There is no way to actively prove tandem success without all the bias in the league. I was syked about playing with some of you guys but after reading all the yahoo posts I am done after one day. I love fantasy hockey for the fun and challenge, not for setting up someone else's team. trade for tandems. If you want St Louis and Stamkos, you better give me something good for them.

MT, you post well, and a hell of a lot for someone who is "reality" based. Your reality is what you make it, whether it is the internet or hanging out with friends...

Good luck with the league guys. Tandem theory probably can't be proven without a controlled objective environment and this isn't something any of us can really provide.

lol PIMS in fantasy hockey is a negative cat. PIMS don't make a team tough MT, they make them mistaken ridden and often times slow and behind the play. NOTHING to do with European players. A very poor comparison IMO.
    Last edited by Gaborlick; October 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Is this still happening or?

Dobber Sports Expert

Dunno see if he wants to return... I'm happy just to make a default league so he can prove his theory, but all these demands of a weekly league and this amount of players and all this catering to his settings is just a bit overboard.

His theory should work in all situations and just according to his settings...

We'll just have to await his reply.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yikes, I check in a few hours later and the league page is a huge wtf.

So I assume this isn't happening? Just a heads up, if MT doesn't come back then I'm gonna drop out too (don't even know if you guys plan on continuing with it if he doesn't anyways)...Probably doesn't need to be said but I'll say it anyways that its obviously nothing personal or anything.. but I only joined the league cuz I wanted to see MT's strategy in play and see how it worked out. I guess we find out tomorrow?

Kale sorry bout this if the league ends up folding...there are definitely plenty of leagues you could join in the classifieds section.

I'm in it more for shits and giggles than being a firsthand witness of mt's elite tandems....

But yea, if mt backs out it kind of defeats the purpose.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    this will not end well.
    " " " "

Administrator

What intrigues me most about this whole thing is what could happen if he simply cannot manage to draft a single elite tandem. That has always been my top criticism of this theory. Also, what happens if someone out tandems the "king of the tandems"? Great potential here, but I think Doulos has this thing wired.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Well it looks like MT has backed out... there's a few of us that's still wanting to play in the league we're at 8 right now, so a few more would make it more enjoyable... Anyone else want in?
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12