Thread: The OHL Rundown - September 26th

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default The OHL Rundown - September 26th

You really didn't think I would actually leave did you? It's an addiction. I simply cannot leave.

Ya, ya, ya. This post marks my 10,000th post here at the DobberHockey forums and it's been a great ride along the way. I really toy'd with the idea of leaving once I reached my 9,999th post (especially since it seemed to bother GMGates so damn much but I am selfish and I couldn't possibly do that. How would I feed my need for puck talk? HFBoards? No thanks.

Anyways, I don't want to make this some sappy spiel about my days here at DH. I am not a poet. I simply wake up each day hoping to learn something new about hockey - the game I love to play.

Last season, I started my OHL Ramblings and I really started to enjoy researching and writing this weekly series. It was a series that took an awful lot of time to develop each week but the time was worth it to me. I hope that you boys and girls enjoyed it as well.

For the upcoming season, I am bringing back the OHL Weekly Ramblings that highlights all things occuring in the Ontario Hockey League. Following Major Junior hockey has become a hobby of mine over the past few seasons. I can honestly say that I enjoy following the teams as much as I do with my favourite NHL teams. There's something about watching junior hockey that is inspiring probably because these players' dreams of playing in the National Hockey League are fresh and their effort is all channeled into fulfilling that dream.

Either way, the ramblings are back but I will be re-branding them under a new heading called, "Rossy's OHL Rundown". The switch comes because I don't want to use the same heading that Dobber, Angus, and Nichols write under each day on the main page.

One small change (mostly to benefit myself) is coming this season. I will be posting "Rossy's OHL Rundown" over at THW for several reasons:
    • I am able to post videos and links there easier which gives you guys quicker access.
    • I am able to post more pictures.
    • In the past, I had to do a lot of editing after transfering my ramblings into the forums. Over at THW, there is less editing.
    • I found that there were weeks were I required several posts to fit in all of the information. By posting at THW, I am able to get everything into one article.
    • Lastly, I want to promote the OHL more in general and THW offers a place to get more information out to the general public.
    The main link will be posted in this section each week.

UPDATES:
    I will only be posting new information that comes out throughout the week here at DH (not at THW) so check back here often.

Lastly, I encourage interaction in these threads each week. Ask questions. Share comments. Tell us about your own CHL experiences. If you need information on a player or team, simply ask. i will do my best to answer any questions you have.

Last year we had a good interaction going in these threads and I want that to continue so don't be shy.

Thanks for following along and sharing in my 10,000th post.

Without further ado, here is your first installment of "Rossy's OHL Rundown" for the 2011-2012 OHL Season

Rossy's OHL Rundown - September 26th (follow the link)

Tons of good information in this first post including Top 2012 NHL Prospects in the OHL, Top 2013 NHL Prospects in the OHL and video footage of Max Domi's hat trick and 4-point debut

PS - Pengwin7, I hope this post didn't make you "yakup-all-ov'er" your keyboard

Dobber Sports Grand Master

No sappy spiel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He wouldn't be "D.Y. the OHL-guy" if his 10,000th post wasn't OHL-related.
    That's how you do it!

Congrats Rossy!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

London Knights' Goaltender Michael Houser has been named the Vaughn CHL Goalie of the Week after posting a 2-0 record since returning from the Philadelphia Flyers camp. Houser was almost flawless last week defeating both Saginaw and Sarnia (shutout) on his way to a sparking 0.48 GAA and .988 save percentage.