Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The "two people she heard" kind of messes things up a bitfor me, but then I think about how they decided to show Dexter killing the weed guy through Brian's point of view, and that just re-affirms things for me. It's like they are planting all of these little seeds along the way.

Who knows if Travis even knows what he is doing!?!?! I can't remember if this was discussed thoroughly in season 1, but one of the main plots of the first book is Dexter figuring out whether or not HE is the ice truck killer.
    shoot! I am only 100 pages in!!! you just killed the story for me
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think this could be what they end up doing. Though the fact the victim that was released mentions two people puts the entire theory into jeopardy, imo. I don't really know how they will explain that.

As for this latest episode, I tend to agree with metaldude. I thought that for the most part it was a filler episode. Nothing much happened to develop the plot nor to develop Dexter's character. I mean, Dexter's character did develop a bit, but nothing more than what was already inferred at the end of penultimate episode. I also found that some of the things Dexter did on the "road trip" made no sense at all. To start with, why would he sleep with that much younger woman? She looked like a teenager (her boyfriend still lives at home), or at the very least someone in her early 20s. It is not like Dexter to do something like that. And why would he steal the gun and then drive around shooting things on the road? Dexter's character isn't so immature. Now I guess they could argue that he was going through personal inner turmoil and he was struggling with the death of Brother Sam and reliving the trilogy killings/situation, including the murder of his wife, but it was such a bizarre break from character that I found the entire episode very unsatisfying and rather pointless. The few points they did make could have been made much more efficiently without going way off onto this other strange story line.

A couple of other things I found odd...why would the daughter kill herself the same way her father used to murder people? And why would Dexter dispose of the body in the grain silo? It isn't like it won't get discovered there eventally.
    That was a tough episode to watch, I am so glad they stopped the imaginary brother thing in its tracks. I don't think I could deal with it for an extended period. I think it did try and show how easy it would be to just become a straight up killer for Dexter, if he didn't have Harry's code. I think it shows the inner strength of Dexter's character and how he deals with his dark passenger.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ace

I still watch this show but I feel like its not half of what it used to be. I used to stay up really late and wait for it to upload on the web. now at times I find myself forgetting for weeks about the previous episode. the show to me seems like its just kind of dragging on and their trying to come up with crazy twists when really it already peaked. i think its time for this show to end right away. there just isnt enough plots anymore to keep me into it
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Stud

There's still millions of fans who are into it. I think it can't end until at least two more seasons. Maybe season 7, probably season 8.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    There's still millions of fans who are into it. I think it can't end until at least two more seasons. Maybe season 7, probably season 8.
    I agree - the last episode was a little off, but the show is still as strong as it ever was.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Last night's episode was awesome again. It makes you think Geller is fake yet again. As soon as Dexter turns around, whata ya know, Geller moves away before he can be seen. This is going back and forth that it is a wonder whether or not he is real or fake. There are still many elements that present him as a real person as well. How did Travis get locked up to the chains? He do it himself? It's so up in the air now, but there will be a ton of questions to be asked if indeed Geller is dead, at least from my side. Would Travis really kill his sister after repeatedly saying how he would kill Geller if his sister was touched? Wouldn't his sister be aware or have some sort of suspicion if he were crazy?Regardless, the "DDK" case is heating up.

I see Dexter and Deb are having some trust issues now. Maybe this leads to Deb starting to look into what Dexter does? Maybe she becomes curious since she always seems to just write off and never ask or find out what he does in free time. After the DDK case is said and done, towards the end of the season a new line is bound to begin. Maybe the beginning of the end?

There are only four episodes left for this season.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; November 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Go Jets Go

The Great One

completely agree...awesome episode last night.

After watching it, at first I thought Gellar is definitely alive. I mean, how did Travis get locked up otherwise? But after I thought about it some more, I actually think he is dead and that Travis is schizophrenic. I think seeing his sister talking to the cops let his "evil" personality re-surface and he snapped. I mean, if Gellar were alive, why didn't we see him confront the sister? We still haven't seen Gellar interact with any other person yet. As for Travis being locked up, that could be explained by him hearing Dexter's car door and deciding quickly to lock himself up to make it look like he is a victim/prisoner.

Regardless, a great episode and I love where this is going.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Star

The last victim of Geller was let go by Travis and told the police she knew Geller was evil and Travis let her go. So she interacted with Geller.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    The last victim of Geller was let go by Travis and told the police she knew Geller was evil and Travis let her go. So she interacted with Geller.
    very possible for sure...or, just to think of another possibility, Travis played the role of both voices because of his schizophrenia. Maybe he was arguing with himself, but she took that as two separate people/voices. I don't know much about schizophrenia, but in movies/tv at least, the person with schizophrenia sometimes changes voices when a new personality takes over.

The woman who was released was blindfolded the entire time, so she only heard two people and didn't actually see two people.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Icon

The writers are obviously playing with us

On a bright note - Dexter has been renewed for two more seasons (a 7th and 8th) - I am not one of the people who thinks the show should end soon, I think there is a lot more there.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Geller is stone cold, telling Travis his sister would be make a good whore. That was classic.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Good news, this show is still, IMO, a top 3 show on television (my personal favorite).

Funny too in last night's episode, remember when Dexter is thinking to himself and he mentions how Travis has a dark passenger (Geller), too, but only his is alive. Why do you think the writers throw that in there? Maybe that was thrown in there because the writers want the audience to sort of know he is alive so they could be shocked when the twist occurs near the end.
    Go Jets Go

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Funny too in last night's episode, remember when Dexter is thinking to himself and he mentions how Travis has a dark passenger (Geller), too, but only his is alive. Why do you think the writers throw that in there? Maybe that was thrown in there because the writers want the audience to sort of know he is alive so they could be shocked when the twist occurs near the end.
    yeap, I definitely took note of that myself last night
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Man, another great episode. Can't wait to see where this is headed.

However, I can't help but worry about the Deb/Dexter situation... anyone notice how they drew similarities between Travis and Dexter when talking about brothers? Told Travis's sister they weren't close, said he was just closed off, etc... Mirror image of Dexter and Deb where Deb feels like they're really close but that Dexter is just closed off, etc.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, i, too, caught the reference about Geller's dark passenger being alive... Is it Sunday yet?
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury