Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Finally watched the epi!

Dobber Sports Immortal

If you havent seen season 5 and on...STOP READING

Dexter should have pulled a Breaking Bad and announced their end date BEFORE THE STORY GETS OLD. They had the perfect storyline going, with Deb slowly coming to terms with the fact that this vigilante (Dexter) was doing the right thing. We all know Deb is going to catch Dexter near the end anyway, as everything has been leading to that ultimate internal struggle for Deb:

she loves ice truck....Dex kills him
    she loves Anton....he gets skinned....Dex kills (jeff) skinner
    she loves lundy....Dex kills his murderer (she thought Trinity killed Lundy)

Season finale last year should have been the point where she catches him, thus making this the last season.

Ugh.

Dobber Sports Padawan

finally got to watch Dexter tonight.

i think it should be a good season, but i never saw what happened in season 4 coming so hopefully they pull off some of that magic again.

Dobber Sports Master

I hope he got rid of the cell phone from former classmate which he used to call his latest vic .

Dobber Sports Stud

I didn't spoil anything. Come into the thread at your own risk. The episode aired, I discussed an aired episode. If you aren't caught up, you should be aware that people will probably be talking about it.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    If you havent seen season 5 and on...STOP READING

Dexter should have pulled a Breaking Bad and announced their end date BEFORE THE STORY GETS OLD. They had the perfect storyline going, with Deb slowly coming to terms with the fact that this vigilante (Dexter) was doing the right thing. We all know Deb is going to catch Dexter near the end anyway, as everything has been leading to that ultimate internal struggle for Deb:

she loves ice truck....Dex kills him
    she loves Anton....he gets skinned....Dex kills (jeff) skinner
    she loves lundy....Dex kills his murderer (she thought Trinity killed Lundy)

Season finale last year should have been the point where she catches him, thus making this the last season.

Ugh.
    Good points. I think there is still a lot more to do though. For instance, this faith route seems like it will be interesting. I agree though, there comes a point when the series has to end. I predict it will go eight seasons.

All signs point towards Deb eventually catching Dexter. I'm not sure what will happen after that though. I doubt the series ends with Dexter going to jail, lol.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; October 7, 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Padawan

haha that would be a pretty intense way to end, him going to jail.

at comic-con over the summer, someone had asked a question about season 5 saying that both Deb and Quinn were close to catching him and all they said was that Dexter is smarter than Deb and he is much smarter than Quinn lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I love the direction this season is headed in. It's definitley different from others, and Dexter is facing a lot of new questions.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Padawan

yeah i just watched episode 3 from this season.

he is starting to question a lot of things that could happen in the future. its getting pretty good

Administrator

I'm so up and down on the peaked too early thing. On one hand I strongly feel they told the "Bay Harbour Butcher" story too soon and killed off Doakes WAY too soon. I mean, I could have gone for like 3-4 seasons of Doakes, especially knowing in hindsight that they'd replace him with freaking Quinn.

Doakes was almost the perfect character. He brought intensity, suspense (he's on to Dexter), and retrospective humour (because in retrospect that character was totally over the top and over acted giving you the "wait, did he really just do/say that?" moment).

That's really the only way that I feel it peaked too soon. I mean, the order in which I liked the seasons probably goes 4, 1, 3, 2, 5 so in a way it's a show that's always been building despite a couple hiccups:

- The first season being so good - which is hardly a bad thing. I mean, first off it was pretty much entirely the story from the first Dexter novel so I'm not sure they could have done things differently and secondly starting strong just cannot be a bad thing. They need to hook viewers and they certainly succeeded.

- The fifth season being the weakest - all it takes is a big sixth season and all the fifth season really becomes is a hiccup. Call it a brain fart by the writers or some weak casting. I don't really care why, all I know is you can make up for it by bouncing back strong. I'll also point out that the fifth season of Dexter goes down as having the best catch phrase by far. I know there have been some damn good lines in Dexter over the years but Jordan Chase's, "Take It!" takes the cake. There is never a bad time to bust out that line.

So where does Dexter go from here? Well it probably needs to end soon, and as has been pointed out the obvious resolution is for him to get caught by Deb and some conclusions about the philosophical dilemmas with vigilantism will be drawn. I'm not sure they can come any closer than a freaking sheet being all that separates Dexter from this conclusion so I have to believe the end is near and that should hopefully mean going out with a bang.

One thing about the new season I am not excited about is the whole Masuka side story. I mean, if Masuka is getting laid that's pretty much jumping the shark right? On the other hand the whole four horseman thing is quite possibly the most messed up thing this show has ever touched on and that's saying something. So I'm optimistic. The villain this season certainly does seem to be a good one.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quinn shagging the brunette while looking away thinking about Deb could have been replaced by Quinn reading a book in bed but looking away thinking about Deb

naaa , we cant have that eh guys ....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Quinn shagging the brunette while looking away thinking about Deb could have been replaced by Quinn reading a book in bed but looking away thinking about Deb

naaa , we cant have that eh guys ....
    Well, they have to maintain their boobies per season quota and up until then, there were no boobies at all in the 6th season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Well, they have to maintain their boobies per season quota and up until then, there were no boobies at all in the 6th season.
    i think the first episode had some, when Dexter is at the reunion and they sneak into the science class

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrulez69 View Post
    i think the first episode had some, when Dexter is at the reunion and they sneak into the science class
    Ah right, how did I forget that? Thanks for bringing up the image.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrulez69 View Post
    Right you are.... and they were a nice pair.

I REALLY got a kick out of the final scene in Episode 3 last Sunday. Very cool and creepy what those two realigious killers are up to!