Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dougie Hamilton - why no respect?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TOCanadafan View Post
    I think the more time a defenseman can spend in Jr. / college, the better it is for his offensive game. I'm sure Boston will do the right thing and send him back.
    I agree. The best for Hamilton would be for him to dominate the O for another year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Wow awesome thread and has actually made me re-evaluate my draft list and put Hamilton ahead of Elliott.

I like both but I just think Hamilton will take a bit longer to be in the NHl due to their depth.

Elliott has a good shot to make it this year, if not next year for certain. Where as Hamilton seems to be 3 years away.

If I'm correct(and I'm really not sure) and Hamilton only makes it in 3 years, while Elliott in that time frame has had 2 years of NHL experience for fantasy purposes only, Elliott may seem a better choice.

I only use Elliott as an example because in the few rookie drafts I've been in Elliott and Hamilton are close to each other.

Guys like Rundblad are taken much earlier.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Three years for Hamilton? I highly doubt it. One more year in junior, then it's NHL time, whereas Elliott has A LOT of guys to get past this year and he hasn't really blown people away in camp.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Legend

It will not take Hamilton 3 years to make it to the show. A season and a half MAX.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Elliott has A LOT of guys to get past this year.
    I wouldn't say "a lot," mainly because not many of those "3rd paring bodies" can supply the offense that Elliott does. Guys like Hunwick and Comiskey who will be battling for a 3rd pair spot are not potentially explosive like Elliott. Barrie is the only real threat to beat Elliott out of a job if the Avs are looking for an offensive D-Man. Personally, I think Elliott has the leg up on Barrie and Chouinard to make the team by mid-year.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    he hasn't really blown people away in camp.
    Sentium, where did you hear this? I'm curious. From all indications, Elliott has looked real good in camp, to the point where the Avs media are questioning whether he makes the team out of camp. I think his play in preseason will be very influential.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I've looked at stuff posted at various forums and blogs and I haven't seen anyone get blown away by him. He's been okay and considering the amount of bodies on one-way contracts ahead of him, I just don't think it's a gimme that he has a spot locked down out of camp. As for Avs media, Adrian Dater is a joke and I don't value his opinions at all
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

i for one am glad this thread happened after my draft. I traded 3rd overall farm for 9th overall farm and 1st farm in 2012 so i could get him. He was my target this summer.

I love this thread, and some great discussion. Just goes to show you that rating Dman in juniors is tough to do. I liked Hamilton more for his size and skating ability and offensive potential (i am happy with around 50 - 55 because of the multicat potential he brings) especially since our league counts PIMs and Hits.

Him being in Boston only solidified my choice knowing they play a tough defensive game and a lot of their offense is through their defense.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger