Thread: Carey Price

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Carey Price

I am from Hamilton and just finished watching them win the Calder Cup. If it wasn\'t for Price the Bulldogs probably would of lost in the 1st or 2nd round. How good can this guy get. I am so glad i picked him up off of waivers early in the season before his stock skyrocketed. I think this kid is gonna be the biggest thing in Montreal since Patrick Roy

I...am your father.

Default Re:Carey Price

He\'s gonna be great, that\'s for sure. My opinion of him rises every day
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I\'m agree with you. I hope the Habs will let him take more experience in the AHL next year and go with Huet and Halak in the net for the 2007-08 season. Huet will be UFA after that and that will give a chance for Price to play a lot. This guy need to get the maximum game he can play for the next year. To do this, he will have to begin the first half of the season in the AHL for sure. Who know what could happen in the season...

Now, Price give the proof that the Habs don\'t miss is pick, when they selected him 5th overall. So many peoples here in montreal were against that selection and everybody react to the good season Kopitar did this year. Now, everybody see how good he is. He will be an all-star goaltender for the team and that position is the most important in the NHL. The future look great for the Canadiens.

GO Habs GO

:woohoo:
    Fantasy Hockey Manager superfan!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What more does this kid have to prove in the minors though? Its a tough decision. I think if I were the Habs I would throw Huet into the trade winds a bit, just to see who bites. Halak and Price can hold down the fort until one emerge\'s as the number one.

I know its tough because you have two young guys. But Pat Roy did it, Cam Ward, Nik Backstrom, etc. I am sure there are more but for now that will do. I would be happy to be a HABS fan right now. Good things are too come.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Zorro wrote:
    What more does this kid have to prove in the minors though? Its a tough decision. I think if I were the Habs I would throw Huet into the trade winds a bit, just to see who bites. Halak and Price can hold down the fort until one emerge\'s as the number one.

I know its tough because you have two young guys. But Pat Roy did it, Cam Ward, Nik Backstrom, etc. I am sure there are more but for now that will do. I would be happy to be a HABS fan right now. Good things are too come.
    Z..
    Nik Backstrom is 29 and has played many years in Pro in Europe...

I don\'t agree with your theroy of trading Huet.... but let these 2 duke it out in tarining camp... Halak only played about 50 or so AHL games before he played in the NHL and Price has now played like 20... and Price played more powerful teams at the hardest part of the season... I agree tho that he has an outside shot at cracking the roster...

Huet
    Price or Halak
    Cedrik Dejardins

Yann Danis is probebly Bye Bye and Micheal Leightonen.... and its too bad cause Danis is a very good goalie too!
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah there are teams that would kill to have that kind of goaltending depth. Great news for the future of the team!

The Price situation is tricky since if you\'re going to call him up you want to be sure to use him.

Personally I think he\'s ready to make the jump to the big leagues, but you just never know until the guy actually goes there.

Even if (when is more accurate) he is the best goalie at training camp, how will he do in in-game situations? My bet is he\'s going to be the best goaltender this league has seen since Luongo, but time will tell.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Will C. Price play this year in the nhl? if yes, how many games do u see him playing? will he be a 60-70 game goalie?
    Thanks Once again guys!!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

C_Escalade wrote:
    Will C. Price play this year in the nhl? if yes, how many games do u see him playing? will he be a 60-70 game goalie?
    Yes I see him playing in the NHL this year...

As a backup maybe max 20 games... (if he makes the team) without injuries...

As a call up for injury or late in season 1-3...

60-70 games... maybe 2-4 years down the road... not anytime soon...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

I am going to \'differ\' to a degree. I think that you will see him as a starter sooner rather than later. He does play beyond his years.

His camp, and Montreal\'s goaltending roster, is going to dictate where he starts in the fall. I agree that he could start as the backup but consider that Montreal would rather have him playing a lot of games. It is likely that he will start with Hamilton, but he could also start in Montreal. I don\'t think he will finish the year in Hamilton though. His play will likely result in his being called up and he could stay. Given the opportunity, I think that he could become the starter.

I don\'t think it will take him as long as suggested. He is very close, if he isn\'t already there.

Post edited by: hockeylifer, at: 2007/06/10 10:13

Dobber Sports Initiate

Montreals goalie coach said he wants to see Price play 100 AHL games before he would be ready to step into the NHL. However he also said that each playoff game counted as 3 or 4 games. So basically he has about 70 games worth of experience in the AHL. I would like to see him in the AHL to start the year. Then maybe let Huet go at the trade deadline or as a free agent next summer and bring Price up then