Thread: 2nd Goalie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2nd Goalie

Hi, guys, my draft is about 2 start... I have dilemma in what round 2 pick up goalie. I have Bryzgalov as my keeper, so, I need 2 pick one more. 12 players league, 20 rounds, 7 rounds bench (1 g needed ). If I'll take some power forwards @ the beginning of draft, where should I take 2nd goalie?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by icerangers09 View Post
    Hi, guys, my draft is about 2 start... I have dilemma in what round 2 pick up goalie. I have Bryzgalov as my keeper, so, I need 2 pick one more. 12 players league, 20 rounds, 7 rounds bench (1 g needed ). If I'll take some power forwards @ the beginning of draft, where should I take 2nd goalie?
    Thats gonna depend on whats available at the spots you pick. What goalies are available for you to draft compared to the other talent to draft from as well? You gotta play the draft , see how it goes.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shakedown, thanx 4 fast response, but in 12 players league, who do u think can slide 2 round 4 or 5? Other people responses appreciated... Thanx

Dobber Sports Monster

Shakedown, thanx 4 fast response, but in 12 players league, who do u think can slide 2 round 4 or 5? Other people responses appreciated... Thanx

Need more info, need to know what goalies are available. Honestly its a crap shoot - cannot predict what owners in you're league will pick whom and where in the draft without knowing you're owners draft tendencies. But if you can provide us with some goalies available that will be in the draft we can help you target a couple of them.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry, I wish, my draft starts In 4 days. I don't want 2 take goalie till 3 or 4 round, b/c I have Bryzgy already. So, only I know, that people gonna keep: C.Ward, J. Howard, J.Quick, T. Thomas, Hiller, Halak, S.Varlamov, C.Crawford. It's a lot of good names gone... So, I think, maybe P.Rinne, Kipper or C.Price gonna slide 2 me...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry, I wish, my draft starts In 4 days. I don't want 2 take goalie till 3 or 4 round, b/c I have Bryzgy already. So, only I know, that people gonna keep: C.Ward, J. Howard, J.Quick, T. Thomas, Hiller, Halak, S.Varlamov, C.Crawford. It's a lot of good names gone... So, I think, maybe P.Rinne, Kipper or C.Price gonna slide 2 me...
    Doesn't sound like a lot of good names gone to me, maybe two or three. Varlamov? Really? And yet Rinne and Price are available? I'd snag either of those guys (Rinne first) and laugh at the guy keeping Varlamov.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports Giant

grab rinne or price right away.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

But, I don't think Rinne or Price gonna last to 3 round. I have to probably grab one of them in 2 round, and sacrifice one of the C or W...What u think?

The Wolverine

But, I don't think Rinne or Price gonna last to 3 round. I have to probably grab one of them in 2 round, and sacrifice one of the C or W...What u think?
    Firstly, you need to provide more information (on this and future posts):
    - Type of league (H2H, roto, points etc)
    - How positions are defined (e.g. F/D/G or C/L/R/D/G etc)
    - Number of starting positions
    - Categories, to show importance of goalies relative to skaters
    - Number of keepers and current kept roster
    - Best players available in the draft
    Etc.

You can add many of these details by creating a signature: go to User CP (at top), Edit Signature. Then people won't have to ask you the same questions each time.

Depending on the above details, Rinne and Price are two of the best goalies in the league so I would not hesitate in drafting them early. In most cases, you can find offense later in the draft, less so for goalies, especially two of the best. But again, it depends on your settings.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Is Bryz your only keeper? If there are multiple keepers per team that means you are looking at Heatley and Vanek type players. I'd take Rinne or Price any day over them
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Padawan

who else are you keeping and what forwards will be available during the draft? also is it just forwards or is it C, LW, RW?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You only start one goalie so taking a 2nd one early probably makes little sense. Frankly given the information you have shared with us, I would drop Bryz and keep a forward and then draft a goalie in the first round.

Look here's the deal with Bryz - if you draft Price - they have games on the same night 50 times in the season, if you draft Rinne - they have games on the same night 49 times in the season - but if you draft Hiller who should go later then they only have games 34 times on the same night. the next best are Miller with 41 games and Ward with 43.
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 14, 2011 at 5:38 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I really wonder why Rinne and Price are not being kept, but you should be looking to snag one of them early from a pure value standpoint.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."