Thread: Having doubts

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Having doubts

For some reason I just like to trade. I offered this one in my league, but its not too late to back out as the other owner has not yet agreed.

To him: PM Bouchard, Penner, Kulemin
    To me: N Backstrom(Was), Cogliano

I like to mix things up, if it goes through then I live with it. Stupid nagging thoughts

Any input appreciated
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Having doubts

Interesting offer but I don\'t think I would do it as it stands now.

Here is the way I see what you are giving up:

Kulemin has another year in the Russian Super League but will probably be with Toronto the following year. He is considered one of the best players in that league at this time. Dobber has compared his \'upside\' numbers to Steen, in the past (70 points).

Penner had 29 goals in his rookie season. The Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, line looked so good in the playoffs. Penner\'s numbers are only going to go up.

Bouchard had 20 goals and 37 assists, with Minnesota, this year. He will only get better.

What you are getting:

Backstrom: reportedly the best player outside of the NHL.

Cogliano: Dobber suggests that it will be 3 years before he is a significant contributor in the NHL. (I have never seen him play so can\'t offer you my opinion.)

At the end of it all, what do you consider Backstrom\'s upside to be? Is he the superstar that puts up 100+ points annually, playing alongside of Ovechkin? If that is the way that you see him, and you like him, then maybe it isn\'t unreasonable to give up a couple of 70 point guys for a 100 point guy. Notice that I said a couple. If you were willing to give up Bouchard, Penner, and Kulemin then I would try to get something other than Cogliano to come back my way, with Backstrom. Cogliano isn\'t enough in your offer.

I admire the fact that you are being creative.

Good luck with the deal.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would do this if I were you. I wouldn\'t think this guy will trade Backstrom without seeing him play yet and with all the hype of his much anticipated 1st season in North America. I also think highly on cogliano. I think he will be the oilers best prospect out of all the ones they have now, including schremp. But not many people feel safe drafting oilers, well most of the GM\'s I know.

InForAPenny, you seem like you are really trying to shake things up. I would keep proposing deals until you can get something done. If you can get this deal done you will be very happy.

Zorro..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, I sort of figured on Kulemin 60-70pts, Penner about 70 max and Bouchard 80pts.

I put Backstrom at 90-100pts and with Cogliano I like having players on my team who are heart and soul players (and yes I know that doesn\'t always translate to points) I put him at abour 70pts.

I think what was bothering me is that I am giving up 2 guys already playing in the NHL for a a gamble...and boy do I like to gamble. I am aiming for 5 years down the road anyway so maybe I\'ll see how the other owner responds.
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

I...am your father.

Take Backstrom any way you can. Good deal. If I were him I would not do it. You broke it down right.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would not do this deal....if I was the other owner>
    If you can get Backstrom.....do it

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Okay, so hed didn\'t accept the trade, If I were to accept his counter it would put me on the worst trade section. He took out Backstrom and offered Zherdev. So it would have been:

Zherdev and Cogliano for Bouchard, Penner and Kulemin

Ummm...no

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Stud

LOL

You gotta love the one-sided counter offers...

Of course, I wouldn\'t have given up Backstrom either...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

InForAPenny wrote:
    Okay, so hed didn\'t accept the trade, If I were to accept his counter it would put me on the worst trade section. He took out Backstrom and offered Zherdev. So it would have been:

Zherdev and Cogliano for Bouchard, Penner and Kulemin

Ummm...no
    Looks like he was insulted by your offer and fired his own back.....I wouldn\'t have traded Backstrom in that deal either

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you could get Backstrom his upside is enourmous. Six months from now Backstrom will be untouchable.

Zherdev well .... nuff said

Post edited by: birddog, at: 2007/06/19 15:40

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Damn you Zherdev!!