Thread: What I hate most about owning Vanek

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default What I hate most about owning Vanek

He teases you into keeping him. You watch performers get snapped up around you because he gives you just enough to massage the belief that maybe he is turning it around.

Man does he ever have my number.

rexie_boy

i know what you mean.

his 3 point performance vs atlanta barely kept him in my lineup this week ahead of nagy...and that\'s saying something.

have faith...he\'ll be all he\'s cracked up to be. or will he?..

ha.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well Rexie in a one year league he is a bubble guy I think - I have to believe if these guys get back home that things will improve somewhat - at this point Vanek is my 3rd LW and Roy might be my 4th C depending on Cammer.

I made a trade that opens up a roster spot and I am now debating Spacek - think 2 Sabres is enough for now.

Dobber Sports Ace

I have him in my one year pool and I will be dropping him this wed.[we meet every 2nd wed.]I know what youre saying about him showing just enough to hold him but i figure i\'ll let someone else worry.........I plan on replacing him with Semin who seems to be back to a ppg guy.I,m in 3rd and feel i would rather take a chance on him rather than Vanek.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah Hendy with that option I would go too. I think the best option I have is Penner - I do expect Cammer back off IR soon and he might replace Vanek in my line-up. I just pulled a trade this morning that gives me a roster spot so I might hang on a little longer.

Dobber Sports Giant

Totally true my friend!! I\'m strongly starting to think about trade him, but in the same time he was totally awesome last year and this year might just be a year off...

P.S. You see, everytime I find something good to say about him...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Personally I think Vanek is untradeable. Who the hell wants him?

Shanny is on the FA in my league and Vanek is the guy I would drop, but I only have 2 moves left so I\'m soart of stuck....
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Pro

Bail on Vanek and the rest of the Sabres this year. Hopefully next season they can get right but they are pretty much a lost cause this one. I am pretty sure he is not a flash in the pan talent but that is of NO USE to a One Year league. Many a championship has been lost by holding onto your supposed \"Studs\" too long. You have to have NO LOYALTY with your team to win in Fantasy Leagues. EVERYONE is Available for the right trade and EVERYONE is subject to the same grading of performance.

If you had swapped Vanek for some other left wingers like Kris Kunitz, Dan Cleary, Tomas Plekanec, or Ray Whitney you would be better off right now but how many peeps got the cajones?

Those are the kinds of moves that win for you. Not sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for your studs to break out.

Of course sometimes it can bite you but but I remember more times when some other owner sees the name brand on the wire and puts that dead spot right into their lineup while you upgrade. That is the double whammy.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

bwhee

When you have a guy on your team like Vanek, you start to reason WHY he just might rebound...well, maybe he\'ll bounce back after the All-Star break, he just needs time to clear his head...maybe he\'ll want to play the role of spoiler in the second half...maybe the pucks will just somehow start to find their way in...

I\'ve heard so much talk about Vanek in these forums that if he were dropped in my league, I would pick him up out of sheer morbid curiosity. Kinda like the Hurricanes did with Samsonov!