Thread: The 'Ultimate' New 15-team DEEP Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The 'Ultimate' New 15-team DEEP Dynasty League

Thanks for checking out the Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League.

The UHL is a new, extremely deep rotisserie keeper pool hosted on Yahoo. I currently run a very successful keeper hockey league on Yahoo which I've done for years, and I am taking its model to the next level and making it even deeper and putting a greater emphasis on prospect development and long-term planning. Our inaugural draft will take place Saturday October 1st (the last Saturday before the NHL season starts. Fee will be $40 (Canadian), payable by PayPal before the draft, and prizes paid out by PayPal immediately following the regular season.

First Year:
    The inaugural draft will be 30 rounds long and includes all players including this year's 2011 draft class and older. There will be 15 teams total, with 12 Forward spots, 6 Defenseman, 4 Goalies and 8 Bench/Farm spots (this adds up to Yahoo's maximum of 30 players). Teams will be able to keep up to 22 players from year-to-year.

The league will use rotisserie-style scoring using 6 categories: Goals, Assists, Points, PIM, Powerplay Points, Save %. These categories were carefully selected to reflect the typical elements of a good hockey team: Skill (G, A, P, PPP), Toughness (PIM), and Goaltending (Sv%). With only one category for goaltenders, goalies will be a little less valuable than your typical fantasy league, but remember that there are also less Forward Stat categories than your typical roto league, so goalies will still contribute about 20% of your team's points and with a league this deep carrying 3 goalies is only 10% of your roster size! But if there is support for up to another goalie and skater category, we will have a vote on the league website.

Off-season & Amateur Draft:
    During the off-season rosters will be copied from yahoo and maintained on the UHL's official site: http://ulthockey.blogspot.com under the 'Rosters' section. We will also have a one or two-round forum-based entry draft (up to 24 hours per pick) every summer following the NHL entry draft where only players of that year's draft class are available. This forum-based draft will take place in the ulthockey.blogspot.com Forums section. Adds and Drops will not be allowed in the off-season, but trades will still be allowed.

Keepers:
    Each September all teams' rosters must be trimmed to 22. The 22 keepers will consist of 2 "protected prospects" (players who have played less than 80 NHL games [45 for goalies]), and then 20 other players of any age. The "protected prostpects" number of 2 may be bumped up based on discussion prior to the draft. Then there will be an 8-round Yahoo-hosted draft where all unprotected players will be available.

Fees & Prizes:
    The yearly fee will be $40 Canadian(+transaction fee if applicable), payable by PayPal before the draft. Prizes will paid out immediately following the end of the regular season.

Total: $40 x 15 teams = $600
    1st place $3002nd place $150
    3rd place $100
    4th place $50

Commitment Level:
    This will be a very deep and very challenging league, and I am particularly looking for veteran fantasy hockey people who have the passion to build a perennial contender. There are extensive rules for the league laid out in the league CBA designed to ensure league stability and fairness that you can find here: http://ulthockey.blogspot.com/p/uhl-cba-rules.html . I am also looking for managers to volunteer to be part of the the UHL's 'Board of Governors' which is effectively like a group of league elders which assist in league management and issues (see details in league CBA).

If you are up for the challenge and interested in joining our group, or if you have any questions, contact me at peatrc at gmail dot com, and join our official site at http://ulthockey.blogspot.com where all official league communication will be posted and where rule tweaks will be discussed prior to the start of the season.

Cheers,

Commissioner Pete
    Last edited by peatrc; August 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The website is updated and now looks more like original keeper league this was based off of.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Peter - Find a way to get out of your other draft So you can join my league !!!
    Blue Line Club Hockey League $ Keeper - 14 Teams (G,A,+/-,SOG,Hits,W,GAA,Sv%, SO)
    Keepers - Duchene, Ovechkin, Kessel, Stewart. Letang, Karlsson, Rask
    Prospects - Hall, Fowler, Bernier, Huberdeau,

Power Play Hockey League $ Keeper - 14 Teams (G,A,+/-,SOG,Hits,W,GAA,Sv%, SO)
    Keepers - Toews, Parise, Semin, Letang, Kessel, Fowler, Niemi, Pavelec
    Prospects - Landeskog, Gerbe, Lindback, Burmistrov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wish I could your draft flexraid, it seemed like a lot of fun, but the draft date was confirmed on that evening . You making another league? lol