Thread: Jiri Hudler(DET)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Jiri Hudler(DET)

what should we expect from this guy as far as stats go for the next few seasons. Where do you think his point totals will cap??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Jiri Hudler(DET)

LoL ok... his skills can get him 100 Pts in Detroit Fedorov style...

but he\'s limited to top out on 30 points on the 4th and 3rd line...

Seen this guy play many times and like Ovechkin he sees the ice diffently than other players.... 2 things that hold him back are his defencive play and his size.... I really believe Babcock is holding this gun back for these 2 reasons and hoping Jiri will come around...

It will take 2-3 years ta hit even 70-80 points... but the guy could be a consistant scorer on a team... but huge risk because of attitude...

Id say avoid unless you have a spot to spare... he could be hidden gem... or could go back to Europe eventually...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am planning to grab him this season. In my league he floated around a few rosters last year and then people gave up on him. I think he will easily break the 55 point mark this season and although that is nothing special it will be enough that he will be owned for future years when he works he way closer to a point-per-game.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

With Lang possibly signing elsewhere, this is his year to break out. I went and bought some of his RCs off his EBay just in case. There\'s not much this guy can\'t do, and it\'s a shame the Wings don\'t play him more.

I...am your father.

His points per minute are phenomenal and I will be trying to see if I can get Hudler cheap from someone this summer...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

I\'m a big fan of this kid. I don\'t know about 55 next season - he only had 25 this year and wasn\'t great during the playoffs - but given the way he stepped up when others were injured late in the year, I\'m hoping for 45-50 in 07-08, followed by 65 to 70 the next season, and a point per game after that.

With the right linemates, I do think he could push for 100 someday.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

you really think so T.Giraffe? Wow that would be amazing. I like this kid too, I can\'t believe how small he is.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

He is tiny, but also quick, agile, has a great shot and sees the ice very well (in the offensive zone at least). That being said, I say he could push for 100 the same way the prospect report rates so many defenseman as having 55+ point upsides... it\'s not necessarily going to happen, but if you put him with an elite scoring winger or two at the right point in his career, I really do think that it could.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Giraffe your basically agreeing with my 1st assessment lol...

we all know he has the skills.... its how he developes the rest of the game that dictates how far he goes...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

In many ways, yes. Though I\'d hesitate to make the Fedorov analogy. JH won\'t ever be the complete player that Sergei was... as you note, he won\'t even come close to winning a Selke. Having seen some of Babcock\'s comments late last season, I think that Hudler will get a shot at Lang\'s spot, as I believe somebody else has already mentioned.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/06/09 20:50
    T.G.