Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Expert

Panthers need some secondary scoring badly. Antother SO loss vs. a top rankend team.

The first line continues to play just great but the D looked sloppy especially Weaver and Kulikov. Didn´t like their play.

Best player on the ice tonight was Keaton Ellerby who replaced Erik Gudbranson tonight. He looked great all offseason so we might see more soon.

On a side not Bergenheim looked decent on his return.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Expert

Not much time today.

Roloson beats the Panthers on his own. Props to the old man he absolutly stood on his head.

Panthers played way better than Tampa but oh well.

Guds with the second scratch after another. Weaver and Jovo with bad defensive plays and line one impressive like always.

Santorelli finally centering line two got on the scoreboard.

Best player was Kopecky who was flying all over the ice and ended up with the goal.

Dobber Sports Expert

Huberdeau got injured and is out with for about a month.

Meantwhile Markstrom was sent down to the AHL like expected. For more discussion take a look at the General Chat thread. Overall consens is that the Panthers are ruining yet another prospect. I strongly disagree and think it´s the exact right move.

Banned

Nobody is saying they are ruining Markstrom. You don't ruin anybody by letting them play in the AHL. They are saying that he has earned a chance to start for the Panthers.

Dobber Sports Ace

^^^ This is... the most awesome avatar I've seen in a while, LOL!
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Expert

Jose Theodore stood on his head to lead the Panthers to a victory over the Leafs.

Hell the Leafs goaltending sucked. Jose looked like a Vezina candidate compared to the Toronto goalies.

Keaton Ellerby was +4 this night and has been the best defender over the least 3 games. It was already seen in the preseason that this might be his breakthrough season. Watch out! GRab him while he costs next to nothing in deeper leagues.

Jack Skille FINALLY rewards himself. Best player this season. Period.

Kopecky and Matthias with good games as well, all goals came from secondary scoring his time.

Dobber Sports Expert

Oh man it´s such fun to be a Panthers fan at the moment. The Kittens lead the SE division at the moment after a stealler 5-2 perfomance vs. Peg. They more than dominated that game.

Kris Versteeg is proving me all right so far with a hattrick and a 4 point night he is simply awesome so far could have easily had two more. Garrison added another and Santorelli the moment he is back on line two finds the net.

My fellow countryman Marcel Goc can´t be praised enough with all of his steals and solid defensive game. He is starting to become one of my favorite players.
    Jose with another solid night as well.

Only bad thing tonight that Scottie Upshall left the ice and the end of the 1st with an upper body injury. More news to come about this.

GO CATS!
    Last edited by keytolife; November 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Brian Campbell is playing great as well. Opposing teams give him an extra foot of space now while he handles the puck.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Saw that Dadonov was called up,I'm assuming to fill in while Upshall is out.My question is in my 20 team Dynasty league he is available and RW's are super hard to come by,only problem is I would need to drop 1 of my other RW's to do this-either Sykora or Burish.Would you drop either of those 2 for him? not really looking to win this year but would need him to be a full time NHL'er next year.Thanks for any insight you can give.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Gripnrip13 View Post
    Saw that Dadonov was called up,I'm assuming to fill in while Upshall is out.My question is in my 20 team Dynasty league he is available and RW's are super hard to come by,only problem is I would need to drop 1 of my other RW's to do this-either Sykora or Burish.Would you drop either of those 2 for him? not really looking to win this year but would need him to be a full time NHL'er next year.Thanks for any insight you can give.
    Lil Geno already said "Hello" scoring a goal in the 2-3 loss vs. the Flyers in a very bad officiated game for both teams. Weiss received a game misconduct for swaering at the refs.

You might catch me offguard with your questions as i might overrate the guy but i love Dadonov and think he is the ideal 2nd liner for this team. His camp was a unconsitent one but he has serious talent to finish and has shown that last season. And this second line lacks scoring besides Santorelli. The two had pretty good chemistry last season.

With Upshall being out for quite some time and now Jack Skille out( which one will really hurt since he was the best player so far this season) Evgeni will have all chances in the world to stick arround.

And i´m pretty sure that he will catch that opportunity he is way more motivated after the demoting. Not sure who will be the odd man out after the injured guys return but i fully expect a Samuelsson-Santorelli-Dadonov line to finish this season.

I´d def. pick him over the wo guys you currently own.

On a side not Bryzgalov was brick wall last night plus Mike Weaver is making a case to be the Nr.7 defender soon. Gudbranson played great and Ellerby was awesome the games before while Weaver looks really sloppy.

Brian Campbell had his worst game as a Panthers, the forecheck of the Flyers worked pretty good against him.

The Magnificent One

So I hate to ask this bc I feel like nothing good can come out of it but is flash a PPG player in Florida? I know some games he won't get
    A point but then Mix in a multi game and back to PPG? I know Florida does have ppg players but can this season be different?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So I hate to ask this bc I feel like nothing good can come out of it but is flash a PPG player in Florida? I know some games he won't get
    A point but then Mix in a multi game and back to PPG? I know Florida does have ppg players but can this season be different?
    Hey mate, i fully understand the hesitation about PGG players in Florida. And tbh i´d stay away from the prediction there will be one.
    Stephen Weiss is most certainly the closest guy who could come in at 70 points. Flash on the other hand seems great in some games and non existing in others unlike the other two linemates who are consistent show ups so far. He started not that great but now he upped his game. Hope he stays that way.
    I wouldn´t calculate with PPG for Flash but would up my original preditcion to 55 points for Flash, which is still a decent player just nothing major.

Dobber Sports Sage

Not a big fan of Florida, but this is the best line in the NHL right now Stephen Weiss, Kris Versteeg and Tomas Fleischmann...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Not a big fan of Florida, but this is the best line in the NHL right now Stephen Weiss, Kris Versteeg and Tomas Fleischmann...
    No kidding. I bet no fantasy GM saw that coming. Right now, Versteeg alone has 17 points, which is 1 more than Datsyuk and Zetterberg combined. And I could have had him for practically nothing at the start of the season. Man, I quit.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Magnificent One

Looks like one one of those nights for Florida. +5 for weiss and Campbell wow. Too bad flash wasn't on the ice for that last goal. Good things must happen when Weiss is on the ice.

Flash PPG player what lol!!!

Clemm is going to be talked about tonight. Did Dallas even challenge him?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi