Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Expert

@newper I´m glad it ended. Secondary scoring is non existing, so we need that line to continue what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Hey key,

Wanna give me some insight on Gudbranson?
    Hey Dyz,
    quite easy answer Keaton Ellerby has outplayed him with an steady and reliable game so far forcing him to the press box. Usually they would sit Jovanovski since he was the worst d this season but due to his contract they can´t. All guys that followed the preseason stated Ellerby looked ready and he sure does. Dineen will shuffle in Guds in the lineup but he will his games in the pressbox. Not cause he is playing bad, simply cause Ellerby plays better. There will be injuries and that will be Guds chance.

On the game tonight, it was only for the 2nd time in NHl history the Panthers came back from trailing 0-3 in a historical comeback. That the team is unbeliavable right now.

Mike Weaver was a wizard on the PK tonight, i bow to him.

Jose Theodore my apology is due, i undervalued you sir.

Dadonov still looks like a huge upgrade over Upshall and hope Dineen sees it the same way.

Even Michael Repik had a good game tonight, he stated before the game that he wanted to show DeBoar what he did wrong. Young players were obv. bashed quite hard under his regime.

And well... the Lunch Line is amazing. Period.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

The Magnificent One

Looks like I was wrong. I had to hope lol. First 2 mins of the game they had 2 great chances but then it was all devils. Will give a review at some point in the devils section. Not happy about this one really. But that line is interesting to watch. What I will say is it's not Weiss-versteeg-flash line the big factor is kulikov.

For most of the time it would be kulikov or flash bribing up the puck then passing around and versteeg and Weiss just somehow being in the right place at the right time. It's one of those things when something is going right it all just works for you. The first of there goals was a botched play too much passing but somehow it got to versteeg and he scored. Second goal it hit faynes stick then brodeurs arm then fayns leg and skate and went in.

This line is great to watch but without kulikov and flash to me it doesn't work. Those 2 are magic with the puck.

Also garrisons shot is INSANE!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for making me discover this section of the forum!!!

Quick question about Markstrom :
    I need to setup my roster tonight for the next 7 days. With Mason and Nabokov injured (Mason is more of a blessing than anything) I'm tempted to have Markstrom in goal for the week, especially with the back-to-back games friday and saturday.

However, I've just read this :
    "(11/21/11) Scott Clemmensen's undisclosed injury is related to his lower body. Clemmensen also specified that his surgically repaired knee is not the problem, but it is partially related. Clemmensen theorized that he probably hurt a still undisclosed part of his body during his efforts to strengthen his knee. Either way, Clemmensen hopes to return in time for Florida's home-and-home series against Tampa Bay on Friday and Saturday."
    15 teams full keeper league, NHL Salary cap + 10M$ (Cap hit)
    ROTO - Weekly lineups
    Cats : P, SOG, PPP, TKA, Hit, Blk, W, SV%
    12FW, 6D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Tavares, Rasmussen, Zacha
    W: Ehlers, Mantha, Caufield, Marner, Raymond, Tippett, Tuch
    D: Byram, Clifton, Fabbro, Hamilton, Hughes, Matheson, Schneider
    G: Grubauer, Forsberg, Francouz (minor eligible)

IR: Wilson, Couturier, Arvidsson, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't put Markstrom in. I think Clemm comes back and that was just an insurance move even though many theorized and hoped it was for a trade. Clemm needs to show he's healthy for him to be traded.

Anyway, I'm here to ask people about Kulikov? What style is his game? What's his upside look like with the future of their prospects coming in? He sounds like a two-way D-man as he gets pretty good peripherals for me. I'm curious because I'm wondering if I'm going to want to keep him over the likes of Phaneuf or Chara or Subban at the end of the season as he has more points than those guys for me.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey bud welcome in the Team Coverage section. I hope i can help you with your decision.

Per Litterboxcats:

"Starting goaltenders:

Dineen would not name his starting goalie, though he hinted that he might start Jacob Markstrom against his countryman, Henrik Lundqvist. Markstrom has not played the Rangers. Jose Theodore is 14-9-2-1 against the Rangers with a 2.48 GAA and and .917 save percentage. Henrik Lundqvist is 12-6-1 against the Panthers with a 1.80 GAA and .940 save percentage. "

Per the rattrick:

"Jose Theodore who is coming off a very controlled performance against New Jersey after giving up three goals in 12 minutes (all were NOT his fault) has won his previous two starts against the Rangers stopping 70 of 71 shots, including a shutout as a member of the Washington Capitals in 2010, then stopping 41 shots as a member of the Minnesota Wild in march 2011. His composure as I have said all along is something that the players in front of him have picked up on. I know many people seem to think that Jacob Markstrom should have replaced Theo on Monday, but you have to give coach Dineen credit for sticking with his guy, which also tells the club, that this is your goaltender tonight."

Gut feeling is for tonight he is going to roll with Theodore here since he had his rest. For the rest of the week i´m not entirly sure the rumors surrounding Clemmenson are still there. Is he getting traded or not?

I think there is a chance for a Markstrom start this week.

What would be your other options instead of starting Marky?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I wouldn't put Markstrom in. I think Clemm comes back and that was just an insurance move even though many theorized and hoped it was for a trade. Clemm needs to show he's healthy for him to be traded.

Anyway, I'm here to ask people about Kulikov? What style is his game? What's his upside look like with the future of their prospects coming in? He sounds like a two-way D-man as he gets pretty good peripherals for me. I'm curious because I'm wondering if I'm going to want to keep him over the likes of Phaneuf or Chara or Subban at the end of the season as he has more points than those guys for me.

Thats what i posted before the season starting on Kulikov:

My favorite player

Dmitry Kulikov. Thank you for asking. Kulikov is the Florida Panthers answer to Alex Semin?s work ethic.

Not!

Despite the fact that in general I?m not a huge fan of Russian players, Kulikov is the greatest exception. He might my my favorite topic to talk about and is definitely my favorite player on the Panthers squad at the moment.

Kulikov is the first guy on the ice and the last off each and every day, season or offseason. He has a tremendous work ethic and that alone makes him a clear cut fan favorite in Sunrise.
    He was the sole bright spot over the last season the guy you were looking forward to see develop.

But what development route can be expected for the guy and what value does he present to the Fantasy Hockey World?

So far it was slow but steady progress for Kulikov. He had showed a lot of offensive potential in the Q with 62 points in 57 games.
    In his NHL rookie season, he only had 16 points and 32 PIMs. Last season he took a small jump to 26 points and 45 PIMs, while he was playing on the Panthers lifeless powerplay unit, which was the second worst in the whole NHL. His partners there were Dennis Wideman or Bryan McCabe, who both got rightfully shipped at the deadline.
    His new partner on the first line and on the powerplay will be Brian Campbell who should be a great mentor especially for powerplay play.

Fantasy outlook:

With new more skilled forwards to feed the puck to and with a much better partner on the blueline, his stats should rise once again this season. Even the typically toughest stat to predict, +/- should be a better one for sure cause the whole team got better in general. Kulikov seems to have a slow but steady development curve so there will no breakout season. He should be able to climb to 35 points next season and around 50 PIMs for now and continue from there the season after.

So the true value lies in the keeper leagues for Kulikov. He will climb even higher the season after this upcoming one and in three seasons he should reach the 45 points mark and stay there for years to come with no bad seasons. The work ethic he has alone should keep him from having a slump season. There might be a season where he hits 50 but that?s not a given, he focuses a lot on playing a reliable defensive game, which hurts a little in the offensive department. Kulikov is a much better real life player than fantasy option and in comparison to Pietrangelo you should take Piet every day of the week if you need to decide.
    After watching him for another quarter of a season i might have undervalued his offensive potential for this season, didn´t expected that much help from the aquisition of Campbell. But i wouldn´t change my overall expection 50 in a great season, 45 as a regular starting soon.

Other options are not good.

With Mason injured (THANK GOD!) and Nabokov also injured, I'd have to go to one of those FA :
    - Sanford
    - Scrievens
    - Giguere
    - Gustavsson
    -DiPietro

Problem is I only have 2 FA pickups left and I'm dead last (even changed my team's name to Fail4Nail as a joke). I'm not sure I want to waste an FA pickup on one of those temp. solutions... I'm really between a hard place and a rock.
    15 teams full keeper league, NHL Salary cap + 10M$ (Cap hit)
    ROTO - Weekly lineups
    Cats : P, SOG, PPP, TKA, Hit, Blk, W, SV%
    12FW, 6D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Tavares, Rasmussen, Zacha
    W: Ehlers, Mantha, Caufield, Marner, Raymond, Tippett, Tuch
    D: Byram, Clifton, Fabbro, Hamilton, Hughes, Matheson, Schneider
    G: Grubauer, Forsberg, Francouz (minor eligible)

IR: Wilson, Couturier, Arvidsson, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Genius

bernjean, I'd start Sanford and roll with it man. He's a stud right now.

Thanks Key! You're making a good case for Kulikov. I loved what I read about him in the past and just hoped it would come to fruition like it is now.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bernjean View Post
    Other options are not good.

With Mason injured (THANK GOD!) and Nabokov also injured, I'd have to go to one of those FA :
    - Sanford
    - Scrievens
    - Giguere
    - Gustavsson
    -DiPietro

Problem is I only have 2 FA pickups left and I'm dead last (even changed my team's name to Fail4Nail as a joke). I'm not sure I want to waste an FA pickup on one of those temp. solutions... I'm really between a hard place and a rock.

I´d rather roll the dice with that one game out of Marky than use a FA pickup on any of those guys. There will be better options throughout the season. Sanford is short-lived symptom.

Dobber Sports Expert

They did it! They won the 3rd in a row! What a effort! They played the best game defensely this season!

Heck and what a dirty hit by Deveux glad Flash feels okay!

And no no show from line one tonight again all went on the scoring board!

Jose Theodore is simply playing great, he is no fluke.

Thomas Kopecky had an awesome night, he is due for scoring soon.

And credit where credit is due honorable mention to my usual scapegoad Repik, if the guy keeps this up he is going to score, same goes for Dadonov and Santorelli!

Gudbranson got some time on the PP tonight and showed he has nearly as good of a shot as Garrison.

On the other hand Keaton Ellerby continues plays as solid as you can do. He is developing just fine.

Dobber Sports Expert

Game in a nutshell:

Panthers lose on overtime...

Flash again with the goal, Theo again great, secondary scoring still missing, Jack Skille missing open nets again.

Dobber Sports Expert

This was the worst game of the season so far.

Panthers looked dead, the defense was way too concered to play offense, Jovocop refused to play at all. The only solid defender was Gudbranson tonight.

Way to go for secondary scoring.

Only good Panthers was Marky, without him it would have been double digits.

Hope they step it up again!:

Dobber Sports Expert

This win can be singlehandedly count on Theodore. He played like a superstud tonight.

Other notables were obv. Shawn Matthias who provided the much needed secondary scoring and Sean Bergenheim who didn´t get on the scoresheed but played realy well.

Eric Gudbranson needs to learn how to punish other players, the Carolina goal was on him, he should have hit Skinner who is two heads smaller then Guds.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    This win can be singlehandedly count on Theodore. He played like a superstud tonight.

Other notables were obv. Shawn Matthias who provided the much needed secondary scoring and Sean Bergenheim who didn´t get on the scoresheed but played realy well.

Eric Gudbranson needs to learn how to punish other players, the Carolina goal was on him, he should have hit Skinner who is two heads smaller then Guds.
    Your right key, that's the main reason he was drafted so high. He can't be playing soft.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

How bad did the Kulikov skate cut look?
    12-team, Keep 3 (2 years max with inflation) Auction Roto, 14-cat (10 skater, 4 goalie). $400 bank for auction.
    F: Kaprizov, Huberdeau, M Tkachuk, B Tkachuk, Connor, Kadri, Debrincat, Kuznetsov, Batherson, Strome, Barbashev, Granlund, Couture
    D: Hamilton, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Karlsson, Chabot
    G: Markstrom, Jarry, Kahkhonen