Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Carlson, E. Johnson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am not a huge fan of Johnson. He is also going to play on a dog of a team. Neither of those things are very good. He is undisputed however #1. +/- may suck.

Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. I don't know much about Piet. Shatt seems to be favored PP. Seems to me, if they play together, they will augment each other. May be win-win, so pick either one, maybe the cheapest. Piet may have more reg ice, while shatt more pp time. May just be a toss up. I tend to lean towards the PP.

Carlson. Bit of trouble here now that Wideman is in Washinton. Green, Wideman, Carlson. That is a lot of offensive D men for PP. A logjam even. Anyway I just see that situation as more risky. The may bring Carlson along more slowly, going with Green and Wideman as their primary PP Dmen.
    15 Team, 2G, 5D, 10F, pts/+-, Protect 11, 5$/yr long term contracts, 200$ Salary Cap, Bidding Draft.

F: Elias Lindholm(8$), Jake Guentzel(11$), Josh Anderson(1$), Kevin Labanc(7$), William Nylander(13$), Alex Galchenyuk(2$)
    D: Victor Hedman(39$), Ryan Pulock(1$), Thomas Chabot(4$)
    G: Jacob Markstrom(1$), MacKenzie Blackwood(1$)*

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVain View Post
    I am not a huge fan of Johnson. He is also going to play on a dog of a team. Neither of those things are very good. He is undisputed however #1. +/- may suck.

Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. I don't know much about Piet. Shatt seems to be favored PP. Seems to me, if they play together, they will augment each other. May be win-win, so pick either one, maybe the cheapest. Piet may have more reg ice, while shatt more pp time. May just be a toss up. I tend to lean towards the PP.

Carlson. Bit of trouble here now that Wideman is in Washinton. Green, Wideman, Carlson. That is a lot of offensive D men for PP. A logjam even. Anyway I just see that situation as more risky. The may bring Carlson along more slowly, going with Green and Wideman as their primary PP Dmen.
    I don't think the Caps are going to split up Alzner and Carlson. That was a very effective line. When Green is healthy he will likely play with Schultz or Hamrlik (the more likely of the two). That leaves Wideman to the bottom pairing in my opinion). Carlson seems to be very well trusted by Boudreau.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Most likely of the mindset that Pietrangelo will be a multipurpose beast and Shattenkirk will be a PP spe******t. I see it, but I disagree to an extent - Piet will put up a ton of points.
    I agree with fungchen. Pietrangelo appears to be the heir apparent to the number 1 spot on St Louis now that Johnson is gone. He will fill every category very nicely. Shattenkirk I think will play second fiddle but may be the first PP option. A PP spe******t.

I think Johnson still has some potential. He is the undisputed number 1. No competition. In his situation that will be good for him I think. Put up decent points(40 or so) and put up some nice stats in other cats. His plus/minus might be really ugly though.

Carlson will be a nice secondary option but will play second fiddle to Green. That's good though as it will likely insulate his plus/minus. He could be a reliable guy to get some points, 40 plus PIM's, 100 plus shots, 100 plus blocks, and 50 plus hits. Good secondary multi cat dman. Not a guy to build your fantasy d core around but one that will provide for most categories in a solid manner.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVain View Post

The Avs aren't a "dog" of a team. And surely you should atleast know that they are a team that has a ton of offensive tools and should be in the NHL's top 10 in goals for.