Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is this the worst trade in the history of Fantasy Hockey?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I dont mind this trade at all. the way i see it:

you downgrade from datsyuk to heatley
    you downgrade from rinne to pavelec

you get brassard, stepan, and myers for those two downgrades. depending on if you have to drop anyone, how many you're allowed to keep etc, i can actually see you possibly winning that deal.
    Depending on how valuable goalies are, rinne to pavelec is a HUGE downgrade IMO. Rinne is a Vezina quality candidate year in and year out for the foreseeable future, and Pavelec plays for a rebuilding franchise that likely won't be good for at least another 3-4 years. The Datsyuk to Heatley downgrade is much more tolerable though, and you do get a very promising young dman in Myers, who should be a stud for many, many years. Brassard and Stepan are solid young players but they're also both centers, and in a positional league that tends to be the deepest position. If I were to choose a winner right now based on the way I value certain position, I'll take the Rinne/Datsyuk side because having a quality goalie is absolutely essential to winning a fantasy league championship, and Pavelec is not gonna come near doing that in the next 3 years.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SPOILER View Post
    As much as you don't like a deal you can't veto it just because you don't like it. A deal can ONLY be vetoed if there is no value exchanged or if there is collusion. In this trade the answer is NO on both accounts. Do I like the deal NO but there is no reason to veto it.
    Whose rules are these. There are no definite rules for a veto!

Each league is different.

Some leagues implement a rule for very lopsided trades like this as it can affect the entire leagues and destroy teams.

Dobber Sports Padawan

First off, I hate that somebody posted this here. I have had an extremely busy summer, so I missed out on this drama in one of the leagues I'm in, and had to read it here first, only to think to myself, "thank goodness I'm in more solid leagues then that". Guess not.

I won't give my opinion here on the trade (did that on our league website, and I won't contribute to the airing of dirty laundry here), but I will defend the party who is unfairly getting bashed here: the side that got Perry. The manager of that team is a standup guy. Yes, he made a low offer for Perry, but so did everyone else to start. Heck, I've had worse offers to start off with (Carl Gunnarsson and Carter Ashton for Alex Goligoski in a league where D score double points for G). Can't blame him for the guy taking it. The original poster here has made him sound like a douche and a bandit. We all know that he is not. He's a standup guy that I trust to make picks for me in an inaugural draft in another league since I've been swamped with work. He's been caught in the unenviable position of making a big trade where he got a ridiculous steal, and having done it with a new, seemingly unstable owner who quit after making it, and had previously stated intentions to screw over the league. He should have never been put in that position with the guy being in the league in the first place, but it happens, and he's been backed into a corner defending himself because of it.

And guys, lets get this argument off Dobber, and get the discussion back onto our forum. This does no one any good, on either side of the argument.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Reality check guys...

There is no collusion in this trade. The GM for Team B does exist (he has a Facebook) and I have talked to him before. I am in/ have been in leagues with both of these GMs. Don't go getting conspiracy theories going because I know both of these guys and Team A kept me up to date on the trade talks as they happened. Clearly the package of mid-range prospects was enough for him to rebuild but regardless of how you feel about this as a fantasy hockey GM, it isn't fair to make someone so upset that they give up on fantasy hockey just because you guys don't agree. According to Team B, he was pretty ticked off by all your pms and it just made things worse. I'm sure some of these comments are warranted but publicly bashing people like this who you don't know and didn't ask about their logic is premature and immature in my opinion.

About me I am a Co-Commish and member of multiple keepers for those that don't know me.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TavesSoul View Post
    First off, I hate that somebody posted this here. I have had an extremely busy summer, so I missed out on this drama in one of the leagues I'm in, and had to read it here first, only to think to myself, "thank goodness I'm in more solid leagues then that". Guess not.

I won't give my opinion here on the trade (did that on our league website, and I won't contribute to the airing of dirty laundry here), but I will defend the party who is unfairly getting bashed here: the side that got Perry. The manager of that team is a standup guy. Yes, he made a low offer for Perry, but so did everyone else to start. Heck, I've had worse offers to start off with (Carl Gunnarsson and Carter Ashton for Alex Goligoski in a league where D score double points for G). Can't blame him for the guy taking it. The original poster here has made him sound like a douche and a bandit. We all know that he is not. He's a standup guy that I trust to make picks for me in an inaugural draft in another league since I've been swamped with work. He's been caught in the unenviable position of making a big trade where he got a ridiculous steal, and having done it with a new, seemingly unstable owner who quit after making it, and had previously stated intentions to screw over the league. He should have never been put in that position with the guy being in the league in the first place, but it happens, and he's been backed into a corner defending himself because of it.

And guys, lets get this argument off Dobber, and get the discussion back onto our forum. This does no one any good, on either side of the argument.
    Huh? All I did was post the trade and ask an opinion as clearly nothing was getting done in the league.

Maybe if there had have been clear rules for trades/vetos in the first place this deal would have been an after thought.

Perhaps if the Commish had have informed the league before inviting the other owner back after he told the League to F'off the last time he bailed this would not have been a problem. Keep in mind too everyone that knows this GM in other leagues knows he's a very knowledgeable guy and would never make this deal. The fact that he bailed after it has left most with a bad taste in their mouth.

This has nothing to do with the other owner getting Perry though. I have nothing but respect for him Ive posted that at the site and thanked him for his hard work in PMs before.

But Im interested in the league surviving and trades like this do nothing good for the league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by guthey View Post
    Reality check guys...

There is no collusion in this trade. The GM for Team B does exist (he has a Facebook) and I have talked to him before. I am in/ have been in leagues with both of these GMs. Don't go getting conspiracy theories going because I know both of these guys and Team A kept me up to date on the trade talks as they happened. Clearly the package of mid-range prospects was enough for him to rebuild but regardless of how you feel about this as a fantasy hockey GM, it isn't fair to make someone so upset that they give up on fantasy hockey just because you guys don't agree. According to Team B, he was pretty ticked off by all your pms and it just made things worse. I'm sure some of these comments are warranted but publicly bashing people like this who you don't know and didn't ask about their logic is premature and immature in my opinion.

About me I am a Co-Commish and member of multiple keepers for those that don't know me.
    Pls see my 2nd point.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by guthey View Post
    Reality check guys...

What PMs are you talking about????? Who sent these PMs? I invite you to PM me.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pbhockey4 View Post
    Depending on how valuable goalies are, rinne to pavelec is a HUGE downgrade IMO. Rinne is a Vezina quality candidate year in and year out for the foreseeable future, and Pavelec plays for a rebuilding franchise that likely won't be good for at least another 3-4 years. The Datsyuk to Heatley downgrade is much more tolerable though, and you do get a very promising young dman in Myers, who should be a stud for many, many years. Brassard and Stepan are solid young players but they're also both centers, and in a positional league that tends to be the deepest position. If I were to choose a winner right now based on the way I value certain position, I'll take the Rinne/Datsyuk side because having a quality goalie is absolutely essential to winning a fantasy league championship, and Pavelec is not gonna come near doing that in the next 3 years.
    yea, if his league values goalies heavily then sure it would be a bad trade. but then again who knows how rinne will do when weber is traded at the deadline.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I don't think it is appropriate to mention who even if I knew. I don't think he would make it up and be assured my post was not targeting any one poster here. I would hate to add more speculation to this.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I understand that and respect you for that. I know Ive had no PM contact with him. I didn't even know it was the same guy that screwed the league before.
    Just want to make sure he isnt making it up. He has a history with this league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I find this thread funny... Mainly because Sparrowtrini and Dr. Fantasy are actually the same person.

Trade got vetoed, and the GM who dealt Perry quit because of harassment issues from the OP.

Then a 2nd trade happened with a new GM (one I know personally) and this trade pretty much happened again. Won't veto it a 2nd time mainly because the 2nd GM is still around.

Sparrow/Dr. Fantasy... whatever you want to go by these days, you were welcomed into a league, and all you could do is complain.

Just a heads up if you guys find these 2 guys in the same league... it's the same person.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFF View Post
    I find this thread funny... Mainly because Sparrowtrini and Dr. Fantasy are actually the same person.

Just a heads up if you guys find these 2 guys in the same league... it's the same person.
    I second this statement.

Not to hijack the thread but this has been something that has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile - I've had lenghty discussions with many witnesses thinking and saying the same thing. Just adds to the leagues victim of sparrow's multi-accounts...

This kind of stuff does not go unnoticed for too long.
    Last edited by GMGates; August 24, 2011 at 1:04 AM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    I second this statement.

Not to hijack the thread but this has been something that was rubbed me the wrong way for awhile - I've had lenghty discussions with many witnesses thinking and saying the same thing. Just adds to the leagues victim of sparrow's multi-accounts...

This kind of stuff does not go unnoticed for too long.
    HHAHAHAHA...that is too funny!
    I was about to write any trade that an owner quits the league after a lopsided trade deserves veto FOR SURE...but now I'm just too confused.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Riveting thread! Can't wait to see what happens next....(I'm guessing that Sparrow/Dr. Fantasy are actually identical twins separated at birth). Please continue to provide updates.

12F, 6D, 1G
    F&D: 1 G/A
    G: 2/W 1/SHO

F: Kopitar Backstrom Zetterberg
    Carter Kesler, Ribeiro Tanguay
    Okposo Berglund Benn Mueller Josefson Tedenby

D: Ehrhoff Suter White Kulikov Blum Larsson Y Weber

G: Quick

12 GM Daily Roto - Keep 16

3C 3LW 3RW 4D 1U 2G 6B 2IR
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, W, SHO

C: B Richards Krejci Oshie (RW) Vermette (LW)
    LW: Ovechkin Marleau (C) Penner Laich
    RW: Clowe (LW) Samuelsson Simmonds
    D: Keith JJ Shatty Hedman Hamonic
    G: Brodeur S Mason Dubnyk Khabibulin Montoya

IR: Zajac

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by massengil View Post
    Riveting thread! Can't wait to see what happens next....(I'm guessing that Sparrow/Dr. Fantasy are actually identical twins separated at birth). Please continue to provide updates.
    I am not sure if they is any truth behind the accusations, however if there is...

I can see using the parent trap scheme or secret identity strategy to get away with some brilliant crime could possibly be justified as worthwhile (so long no one is seriously hurt), but to manipulate fantasy sport leagues or discussion forums to be in your favour seems to be a bit much. I have seen such accusations similar to this all too often on Yahoo message boards in the past, but took them about as serious as Donald Trump's accusations of Barack Obama's birth certificate (or lack thereof).

http://www.cracked.com/megalist_4_23...death-penalty/

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."